Parthian

Macchina Calabria 227 - Alienware Edition

I do agree with a lot of the disapproval over adding content, we are, and have been, waiting for a game fixing update that has taken far too long already.  The reason why it has taken too long is simply due to what has happened here and now.  Instead of knowing what's important and focusing on that, you have reduced productivity in the right department and shoveled some shit out of a dead horse.  The game needs the engine update BEFORE you go adding re-textured crap into it that can and most probably will only end up breaking things for the new engine.

You don't see locomotive engineers stoking the fire from the passenger luxury cars do you?

This is one of the MOST dreadfully mismanaged games i have seen since... well shit... i think this is the alltime most mismanaged game out there, i mean, DragonsProphet was a bust, having not even been finished yet and releasing DLC and $200+ fashion packs, then shutting down the next day, after selling thousands of dollars worth to players... thankfully, G1/LO hasn't gone this route, but it feels all too familiar, like when EA shut down Need For Speed World... there were more players in that when they shut it down, than there are in APB at any point last week, and EA said it wasn't popular enough.... ????

I will continue to support APB for i see great things and great potential in its future, i just hope whoever is in charge of it knows a thing or two about what they SHOULD be doing rather than shoveling out failware to marginally keep our attentions.

I have little to no interest in new garbage, what the devs should be doing is fixing the damn engine already.  Who cares about anything else until then, shit will come out a lot easier with the new engine tools, and i'll be god damned if one of the devs tries that bs about: "We are making great progress with the upgrade" ...

SRSLY? STFU AND DO IT ALREADY!!

PRIORITIES... that's the word i was trying to find, LO needs to get their priorities figured out.  I mean, if it is up to LO, if not, then someone at G1 needs to get their priorities straightened out, cuz srsly? this is offensive, i think a High School dropout has a better handle on their priorities than then entirety of whoever is calling the shots for APB.

ADDITIONALLY...

why the hell is the CEO handling PR? is LO that small?

Edited by Nafryti

9 hours ago, moneychixx said:

Is this an april joke? Who cares about an ugly car that will take 1 space slot into your inventory -_-

if u dont like it u know where the door is

1 hour ago, Giodra said:

somebody post a picture !

You summoned me!

back

50B9558B437958D42CE3E4AA5FD9FE4E53CFF055

Side

DF740AB266B586DCDC4E48ED3A3EE22F6BE0476F

Front

6BD61C6E2CDBE1AF8F2BA173DDD3B9F5AE7ED0AF

Roof

537F8A0889D071BD60C27C0F88004379963DDC63

17 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

You summoned me!

back

50B9558B437958D42CE3E4AA5FD9FE4E53CFF055

Side

DF740AB266B586DCDC4E48ED3A3EE22F6BE0476F

Front

6BD61C6E2CDBE1AF8F2BA173DDD3B9F5AE7ED0AF

Roof

537F8A0889D071BD60C27C0F88004379963DDC63

wow.... are they serious ? decals are even cool , why would people even want this?

10 hours ago, MartisLTU said:

Woah ... so many new ppl. will install APB just to uninstall it. LO should fix game before any promotions.

actually you can claim the car without even having the game so .

25 minutes ago, Giodra said:

wow.... are they serious ? decals are even cool , why would people even want this?

nice fullquote and if they are even cool, that's something that's goes for them?

i do not think it looks great myself but oh well.

Legend says, that if you drive this car and are playing on a pc from AlienWare you can get a stable FPS. :^)

7 minutes ago, Fasalina said:

Legend says, that if you drive this car and are playing on a pc from AlienWare you can get a stable FPS. :^)

Made my day .... 

AgileThisAfricangroundhornbill-size_rest

9 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

I don't understand the 0 slots = 127 thing. The Han Veo in the picture shows the opposite - Han Veo = 0 slots, Han Veo 120LX = 1 slot, 220LX = 2slot, etc?

If the Calabria 0slot starter was always the 127 the complaint makes sense but then with G1 adding the Spawner onto it turning it into a 1slot doesn't that mean that G1 fixed the naming convention or am I missing a detail?

I actually like the car and the Calabria is insanely efficient for what it does - free spawn unit. Considering 90% of games where you use a Spawner some jerk is going to move that car right up against the objective effectively nullifying its spawning slot being able to respawn it for $0 makes it so much more versatile. Players also leave them alone, if you've got a 4x4 armoured Vegas or giant Pioneer 9/10 times the player spawning in it is going to want to ride that thing to the objective or way too close to the enemy. If they spawn in a Calabria? They jump out and avoid that shitty lawnmower like the plague - it's too slow and weak for anything other than a free spawn. Every time I am near a Car Spawn on mission I just hit E and inflate one of those bad boys and I'm all set for a random spawn point. Even better when I spawned one 2 missions ago and it's still sitting in some obscure corner where it becomes relevant again when a totally different mission arrives. It's the perfect spawn and forget vehicle. 

I dunno, usually there is a number that counts upwards at the end, it feels like in the case of the calabria  G1 already amde the mistake to count the first number upwards instead of the last one. As said at one point they broke the system for whatever reaosn creating a mess.

@Nafryti seriosuly, the work to make this car was minimal, all they had to do is take some guy form the graphics department (which isn't main workload on the engine upgrade), probably one form LO theyare going to lern working for APB now and let them deisgn it and then some minor effort of a coder packing this into an own car. Which mostlikely is a copy paste job. That's really not much effort at all.

Edited by LilyV3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fasalina said:

A whole stable frame per second?

8 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Don't stretch it, gotta stay realistic. :^)

46 minutes ago, GhosT said:

stable is stable, thats already an imporvemen

6 hours ago, Kewlin said:

a person who's never heard of or played APB is more valuable to G1 than a person who's decided it's a bad game and uninstalled it.

Obviously. 

I'm sure we will see some real advertising once the game is ready. 

As Matt said, this opportunity presented itself and he took advantage in order to gain experience. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Obviously. 

I'm sure we will see some real advertising once the game is ready. 

As Matt said, this opportunity presented itself and he took advantage in order to gain experience. 

I get that idea, we're just arguing he's not taking "advantage" of anything if he's just making more people dislike APB.

6 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

I get that idea, we're just arguing he's not taking "advantage" of anything if he's just making more people dislike APB.

Oh... Yeah I dunno about that. 

On 1/19/2019 at 3:38 AM, cheater said:

what a fucking joke of a promotion, my dog can shit out a better idea and a design 

They are looking at the game pop (how many ppl are active and will claim free stuff cuz there's like 1000 codes). But yeah its design is ugly.

The Goat version of CALABRIA was a lot better (without a wheels)

Edited by PACwoMAN

On 1/19/2019 at 6:05 AM, Fasalina said:

I've been fighting with processor driver issues for a while now so my performance has been shit.  I'll check tonight to see if this legend is true or not.