Parthian

Macchina Calabria 227 - Alienware Edition

This brand new vehicle is really an 🍷exquisite piece of machinery 🍷 but there is 1 problem. The name is incorrect. It is supposed to be Macchina Calabria 427 - Alienware Edition. Please fix this as it is a very gamebreaking bug. Also the car can't fit mods. 

• Like 5

what a fucking joke of a promotion, my dog can shit out a better idea and a design 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, cheater said:

what a fucking joke of a promotion, my dog can shit out a better idea and a design 

well, what are you waiting for, make him!

• Like 2

Gone are the days of the old Macchina Calabria 127. The all new Macchina Calabria 427 series is truly an exquisite piece of machinery from this century, featuring an all new tech-driven livery powered by Alienware.

If only they'd have stepped up into the EV market with this model, this would've been a top seller for sure.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, neophobia said:

well, what are you waiting for, make him!

what you saying me

10 minutes ago, cheater said:

what you saying me

15 minutes ago, cheater said:

my dog can shit out a better idea and a design 

12 minutes ago, neophobia said:

make him!

i can't wait

BTT: quite sad this is US-exclusive (or just not available in germany? got errors when trying to get a code, friend of mine tried from US, worked immediately. oh well.)

15 minutes ago, Amberwind said:

Macchina Calabria 427 - Alienware Edition.

Also the car can't fit mods. 

so it is a 127? or do you want it to have 4 slots and that's the joke? lul

(127 - 1 slot, 227 - 2 slots, etc. is the naming scheme for calabrias)

Edited by neophobia

yeah, well, guess no one explained LO how car name logic was done.

But the inconsistency seemed to have happened with the starter calabria already? because it is a 127 with a car spawner so that one should already be a 227.

And this happened when they took the old 127 starter car and slapped the car spawner in it. But the 127 would have to eman 0 slots.

Ok, I just had a look at stuff ingame,

looks like G1 screwed up a lot with the newer cars.

In the car kiosk when buying a car the old logic gave the car the name of it's model and number, which indicated the slots.

However the subtext only listed the model

like this

<Car Model> <Number>

<Car model>

Then later cars have this broken, as the subtext suddenly included the number, but didn't include the correct number

see here at the Han veo

iJsoZnG.jpg

Below it is the Joker vegas already havign the issue the new cars have. They show also the number, but it keeps not up with the cars number.

But honestly, if the new system would be adjusted it would be better since currently your garage looks like this:

98ykUrN.jpg

So when you rename your cars, you cannot see anymore which true car it actually is (see my car named "hunting Bee"  or the Bishada Kissaki) the subtext of my vegas is wrong because it is a G24, and the Kissaki just like the old system lists  only the car model, so I cannot see how much slots it has. Sure usually you know your cars, but generally it would be better if they rework that and give the subtext the correct <Modelnamme> <Number> wher ethe number is slotrelated and not a fixed relatioj to the basic 0 slot model.

my battle bee for example is now incorrectly sublabelled as 127 because it has 4 slots.

Edited by LilyV3
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, neophobia said:

This is incorrect. The 127 is the default car given to you when you create a new character (with a preset car spawner in it). The 227 is the 1 slot, the 327 is the 2 slot, the 427 is the 3 slot, etc.

9 minutes ago, Amberwind said:

This is incorrect. The 127 is the default car given to you when you create a new character (with a preset car spawner in it). The 227 is the 1 slot, the 327 is the 2 slot, the 427 is the 3 slot, etc.

g1 broke that, 127 was and is by the logic of slots the 0 slot cars number. When G1 decided newbies should have a little help and the starter car was given the car spawner no one remembered that logic and so they just forgot to change the numer to fit their logic. which then corretly would have been 227.

Just go to the kiosks and check the broadwings for exple.

basic car is 110  every slot adds a 1 till you are at 114.

every preset broadwing lists the number correctly in relation to how many slots are filled. "Broadwing B101 patrols" has a single installed mod and that is exactly how the number logic is supposed to be.

Edited by LilyV3

1 hour ago, cheater said:

Does your dog take commissions?

1 hour ago, LilyV3 said:

g1 broke that, 127 was and is by the logic of slots the 0 slot cars number. When G1 decided newbies should have a little help and the starter car was given the car spawner no one remembered that logic and so they just forgot to change the numer to fit their logic. which then corretly would have been 227.

Just go to the kiosks and check the broadwings for exple.

basic car is 110  every slot adds a 1 till you are at 114.

every preset broadwing lists the number correctly in relation to how many slots are filled. "Broadwing B101 patrols" has a single installed mod and that is exactly how the number logic is supposed to be.

1 hour ago, Amberwind said:

ah whoops

so it is a 3 slot but you can't use them?

Edited by neophobia

19 minutes ago, neophobia said:

ah whoops

so it is a 3 slot but you can't use them?

well how many open and filled mods does it contain? this decides whihc number it hsould have.

16 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

well how many open and filled mods does it contain? this decides whihc number it hsould have.

wouldn't know, can't get the code from germany

edit: okay, i did get my hands on one - it is indeed 3 slot

and indeed, none of the slots work, despite having the open slot symbol

Edited by neophobia

19 minutes ago, neophobia said:

the players I see with it only have a carspawner in it so I think it is a one slot version, therefore should be 227 as OP said it should be.

1 question. @Lixil @MattScott 

Why is the car character bound, but I'm unable to redeem multiple codes to get one for each character?

Is this an april joke? Who cares about an ugly car that will take 1 space slot into your inventory -_-

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, moneychixx said:

Is this an april joke? Who cares about an ugly car that will take 1 space slot into your inventory -_-

I think like 1,500 have already been claimed. 

27 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I think like 1,500 have already been claimed. 

Woah ... so many new ppl. will install APB just to uninstall it. LO should fix game before any promotions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

Woah ... so many new ppl. will install APB just to uninstall it. LO should fix game before any promotions.

lol... savage!

7 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

iJsoZnG.jpg

I don't understand the 0 slots = 127 thing. The Han Veo in the picture shows the opposite - Han Veo = 0 slots, Han Veo 120LX = 1 slot, 220LX = 2slot, etc?

If the Calabria 0slot starter was always the 127 the complaint makes sense but then with G1 adding the Spawner onto it turning it into a 1slot doesn't that mean that G1 fixed the naming convention or am I missing a detail?

3 hours ago, moneychixx said:

I actually like the car and the Calabria is insanely efficient for what it does - free spawn unit. Considering 90% of games where you use a Spawner some jerk is going to move that car right up against the objective effectively nullifying its spawning slot being able to respawn it for $0 makes it so much more versatile. Players also leave them alone, if you've got a 4x4 armoured Vegas or giant Pioneer 9/10 times the player spawning in it is going to want to ride that thing to the objective or way too close to the enemy. If they spawn in a Calabria? They jump out and avoid that shitty lawnmower like the plague - it's too slow and weak for anything other than a free spawn. Every time I am near a Car Spawn on mission I just hit E and inflate one of those bad boys and I'm all set for a random spawn point. Even better when I spawned one 2 missions ago and it's still sitting in some obscure corner where it becomes relevant again when a totally different mission arrives. It's the perfect spawn and forget vehicle. 

Edited by KnifuWaifu

Hi all,

This was our first attempt at putting in a new vehicle, and it looks like there is a bug.

We are going to be fixing that asap.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

lol... savage!

He's not really being savage, he's just being realistic. I personally agree with him: a person who's never heard of or played APB is more valuable to G1 than a person who's decided it's a bad game and uninstalled it.

4 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

This was our first attempt at putting in a new vehicle, and it looks like there is a bug.

Thanks,
Matt

*applauds* Thank you for not making it reskinned vehicle. It's great to see y'all putting in work to try and add a new vehicle. Best of luck to you and the team.

4 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,
Matt

I honestly like the idea of a exclusive car with alienware design. Especially for new players its interesting cuz it has 3 slots. I would not mind about a mikro (as example) with 1 slot and special design but exclusively for player who create/created a new APB Account. (And ofc not as soon as all important updates got released)

13 hours ago, neophobia said:

i can't wait

BTT: quite sad this is US-exclusive (or just not available in germany? got errors when trying to get a code, friend of mine tried from US, worked immediately. oh well.)

so it is a 127? or do you want it to have 4 slots and that's the joke? lul

Hi Bro, i had no Issues to get a car code for myself. I think you should try again to get one. I am from Germany too and some mates also got the code.

11 hours ago, neophobia said:

edit: okay, i did get my hands on one - it is indeed 3 slot

and indeed, none of the slots work, despite having the open slot symbol

Missed the last post..., so Nevermind.... 😵😝