Sign in to follow this  
Giodra

Game Changers , what do you think ?

Hello guys, been playing apb since a long time and i will always love it but i've always felt it lacked of content ( except for fanmade stuff). Since it's going to be ported to a new engine and Little Orbit wants to relaunch it to the public and i suggest some of the following crazy and idealistic ideas: feel free to comment and discuss.

Simple ones :

-Queue system for joining districts.

-Clan versus Clan mode and Ranking System

-Open districts for when the population is low.

-Diamond or Platinum rank

-Some new missions types

-Some new hair types

-Make all weapons balanced (Too many weps remain outside the box still and counting how much variety there is , is a shame)

Big Ones

-New District (absolutely must)

-New type of veichle such as skateboards or bycicles.

-Forge mode (Like Halo one) where one can create his custom map and mission types , allowing players to make all sorts of maps from racing to zombie matches.

In proposing this last one , of course i also try to suggest some private or public (depending on host choice) custom lobby thing. (Forge and map editor would really game changer)

I know they sound like crazy , but if you take at other games, it sounds doable , i would also suggest sometype of crowdfounding if there really is interest in doing this stuff.

What do you say ? Do you also have also thought of stuff like this ? if yes of what sorts?

Ps i underlined what i believe it has to happen yes or yes.

More or less, I agree with most of the things said here - except for a couple of points.

11 hours ago, Giodra said:

I have to disagree. A better option is to fix the existing threat system; redistribute the existing ranks among players. Some will fall down to silver, some will climb the ranks from bronze, some will feel upset about their threat level changing - this is inevitable, but necessary.

We've been there a couple of times and it's never been a good idea - at least not if the proposed vehicles were to be player-owned vehicles (as in, replacements for the existing cars like the Calabria etc.). Maybe (and this is a big maybe) they could be experimented with as deployables, though I'm unsure about how they would operate then. Each player should only be allowed to have a car as their player-owned vehicle, as motorbikes or skateboards or anything of that sort would make them be a disadvantage to the team. Compare a motorcycle's cargo capacity of 0 to that of a car, which can go as high as 25, and you have a clear answer as to what will be the most used and the most efficient option available.

-Forge mode (Like Halo one) where one can create his custom map and mission types , allowing players to make all sorts of maps from racing to zombie matches.

In proposing this last one , of course i also try to suggest some private or public (depending on host choice) custom lobby thing. (Forge and map editor would really game changer)

I, uh... I get that you said these ideas might be a bit crazy, but this is a tiny bit too much. I personally appreciate fellow enthusiasts of mapmaking, but APB simply would not benefit from such things. APB does not operate on a lobby system - we connect to pre-established instances instead of creating our own instances whenever we want. Similarly, letting players host their own sessions with their own rules and mechanics would open a gateway for money/standing grinding.

-Make all weapons balanced (Too many weps remain outside the box still and counting how much variety there is , is a shame)

This is a bit of a blanket statement. What exactly do you think remains unbalanced in APB? Your thread would benefit from pointing to exact things you think would need changing.

---

Other than the things I mentioned above, I'd say that we do need some new things to happen after the Engine Upgrade becomes fully released - and some of these things are mentioned in this thread.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MartinPL said:

More or less, I agree with most of the things said here - except for a couple of points.

I have to disagree. A better option is to fix the existing threat system; redistribute the existing ranks among players. Some will fall down to silver, some will climb the ranks from bronze, some will feel upset about their threat level changing - this is inevitable, but necessary.

We've been there a couple of times and it's never been a good idea - at least not if the proposed vehicles were to be player-owned vehicles (as in, replacements for the existing cars like the Calabria etc.). Maybe (and this is a big maybe) they could be experimented with as deployables, though I'm unsure about how they would operate then. Each player should only be allowed to have a car as their player-owned vehicle, as motorbikes or skateboards or anything of that sort would make them be a disadvantage to the team. Compare a motorcycle's cargo capacity of 0 to that of a car, which can go as high as 25, and you have a clear answer as to what will be the most used and the most efficient option available.

I, uh... I get that you said these ideas might be a bit crazy, but this is a tiny bit too much. I personally appreciate fellow enthusiasts of mapmaking, but APB simply would not benefit from such things. APB does not operate on a lobby system - we connect to pre-established instances instead of creating our own instances whenever we want. Similarly, letting players host their own sessions with their own rules and mechanics would open a gateway for money/standing grinding.

This is a bit of a blanket statement. What exactly do you think remains unbalanced in APB? Your thread would benefit from pointing to exact things you think would need changing.

---

Other than the things I mentioned above, I'd say that we do need some new things to happen after the Engine Upgrade becomes fully released - and some of these things are mentioned in this thread.

Skateboards could be and out of mission veichle! Custom lobbies would of course be money and rankless , with the weapon balance the topic is more complex , but i feel like in the game most weapons remain unused, people always complain about guns that they don't use and feel as a threat to their mains , like for example NHVR , it has nerfed like hell and without even reason , since now looks like bullets for some magical effect lose dmg if you hip fire , but imho what people don't really want to say is that NTEC is and has been the most used ,op weapon FOOOOR a long time,they only real counter has only been hvr and that's why most people complain about it , since NTEC can easily outmatch even an OCA in close quarters since it kills simply faster, and since the range is so short is not even a problem the loss of accuracy.

That said , many weapons remain unused, i would really buff a lot of them , even if it may seem ridiculous , but also make some way more precise (since ttk is slow) wouldn't harm .

13 hours ago, Giodra said:

Hello guys, been playing apb since a long time and i will always love it but i've always felt it lacked of content ( except for fanmade stuff). Since it's going to be ported to a new engine and Little Orbit wants to relaunch it to the public and i suggest some of the following crazy and idealistic ideas: feel free to comment and discuss.

Simple ones :

-Queue system for joining districts. yes

-Clan versus Clan mode and Ranking System yes ladders were already in the game too, bring those back and add seasons.

-Open districts for when the population is low. don't really care,

-Diamond or Platinum rank - just bring back g10 threat system, was better than this suggestion and was actually unique to the game for a change, g7+ basically is diamond.

-Some new missions types half the ones we have need overhauls

-Some new hair types dont care

-Make all weapons balanced (Too many weps remain outside the box still and counting how much variety there is , is a shame) not really, all legendaries are shit, maybe 5 primaries cant compete, and you are correct on the secondaries

Big Ones

-New District (absolutely must) don't care

-New type of veichle such as skateboards or bycicles. why? you're a smart for not using a pioneer or espacio. fix that first.

-Forge mode (Like Halo one) where one can create his custom map and mission types , allowing players to make all sorts of maps from racing to zombie matches. no

In proposing this last one , of course i also try to suggest some private or public (depending on host choice) custom lobby thing. (Forge and map editor would really game changer) private lobbies seem okay, i like arranged matches.

I know they sound like crazy , but if you take at other games, it sounds doable , i would also suggest sometype of crowdfounding if there really is interest in doing this stuff.

What do you say ? Do you also have also thought of stuff like this ? if yes of what sorts?

Edited by Thaumaturge

1 hour ago, Giodra said:

NTEC is and has been the most used ,op weapon FOOOOR a long time,they only real counter has only been hvr and that's why most people complain about it , since NTEC can easily outmatch even an OCA in close quarters since it kills simply faster, and since the range is so short is not even a problem the loss of accuracy.

please stop?

4 hours ago, SLICKIEM said:

please stop?

NTEC user spotted , is just the truth , go ahead and say that is not the most used wep if wanna tell a blatant lie....Anyways is about the general revamping of the weapons there are  and feel free to comment about the other stuff , but please let's end then ntec talk here 🙂

2 hours ago, Giodra said:

NTEC user spotted , is just the truth , go ahead and say that is not the most used wep if wanna tell a blatant lie....Anyways is about the general revamping of the weapons there are  and feel free to comment about the other stuff , but please let's end then ntec talk here 🙂

i think its more likely hes telling you to stop because this

8 hours ago, Giodra said:

since NTEC can easily outmatch even an OCA in close quarters since it kills simply faster

is just blatantly false

if you dont even have a rough estimate of the stats of arguably the two most used guns in apb you really shouldnt be talking about balance imo

Edited by BXNNXD
added stuff
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Giodra said:

Simple ones :

-Queue system for joining districts.

-Clan versus Clan mode and Ranking System

-Open districts for when the population is low.

-Some new missions types

-Some new hair types

Big Ones

1. Queue System > I would love to have that feature implemented and thats alredy stated by matt, working on something like that when new version of the game will be out like bringing back old APB login and main menu with his original music/theme, if not with a custom one re-made;

2. Clan versus Clan > i think is a very beautiful idea but they should need to add a new matchmaking category wich will allow more than 5/6/7 clan members to partecipate and get the missions started VS another one;

3. Open districts > was alredy there but they turned them off because matchmaking there wasn't working obvliously and wasn't uplayable but close to;

4. Diamond or Platinum ranks > well, i don't think we need more threats but if they will i hope before the actual ones to get fixed and then put up new ones;

5. Missions types > Why not, in the future we will have them of course;

6. New Hair types/styles > Same as answer 5;

7. Agree, to many weapons missing but they will do that, i am sure;

8. New District >Same as answer 6 and 5;

9. New type of vehicles > I would agree with MartinPL comment, deployables, could be a good idea but idk honestly;

10. I don't think so, maybe only private lobbies but with limited slots, limited time and limited re-use, like you can open a private lobby for 2/3 hours max for 10 players and then in that time the district will expire and give the possibility to another player to open his, you can't re-open that but need to wait till a district slot will be empty, like max private lobbies (EXAMPLE: 5), because if players had the choice right now i swear, i promise to you all public districts hosted by LO will be empty because everyone will just create a private one.

Nah, don't sound like crazy , everyone have their points of view, everyone think different. I also have thought of things like these and also suggested alredy many years ago to G1 but sadly i got no response or either nothing in-game like new things.

I've suggesting things to LO and honestly i need to say with the right time this game will be a true APB again.

15 hours ago, Giodra said:

The Ntec is the go-to gun because it is the most balanced gun. It had a good range with reasonable recoil and bloom, still good at hip fire and the fire rate is fair.

What makes a gun op is if the range, fire rate or recoil is not proportionate and gives the feeling of being unfair.

21 hours ago, Giodra said:

people always complain about guns that they don't use and feel as a threat to their mains , like for example NHVR , it has nerfed like hell and without even reason

Case and point: The NHVRs were nerfed after the Scout series was released because people didn't just run with snipers, they could get jump and still get perfect shots at close distances, people used to shoot with a sniper then instantly change to a secondary to get a kill in like 0.3 seconds which would kill faster than any single gun.

On 1/17/2019 at 8:06 AM, Giodra said:

Ideally yes.

...Why... no! No one is going to use them actively.

...oh please stop!

If existing players with Armas isn't getting enough income for further development of APB then How is crowdfunding going to help?

Armas is a store, a steady* source of income. Crowdfunding would be asking for 1 off investment which isn't going to last.

Little Orbit have staff to pay, property rent , business tax, server rent, electrical bill, internet utility bill... to resort to a 1 off payment of money from crowd funding would be an act of desperation.

It's like asking $200 from your mom and dad for a brand new car... when you already a car and a job!

1. Remove threat.

2. Yes.

3. Remove threat.

4. Remove threat.

5. Sure why not. The recent events were entertaining.

6. At least give us RGB255 color instead of the preset slots.

7. Debundle weapons on Armas so we can properly trail every weapon before purchasing.

8. We have 2, neither are finished, and the population is too low to support another.

9. Vehicle + brick + muffler + car surfer = giant skateboard.

10. We need the ability to host our own servers on our own hardware before that can be a thing.

LO can't afford to host every player's custom map. I know for sure I would not want a racing map running on their current dying network.