TheManWithoutName

alien invasion car

1 hour ago, MartisLTU said:

Those players who love to collect all items especially limited items.

+

2 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

I only see people with carspawner yet. does it really have 3 customizeable slots? thats pretty good. the calabria is fun don't let people trashtalk it.

yeap .. it comes with 3 open slots. .. tho i dunno if you can use all 3 of them .. i didint try to put any of mods and i seen some ppl. have problems with it

* I have same problem slots are open, i can choose what mods i want to add ,but it doesnt work.

Edited by MartisLTU

How about fix the game, and issues it has before  partnering  with anyone...

why would anyone want that anyway?  Thats the same starter car with a paint job any noob could do better at...lmao

2 minutes ago, Shimmer said:

why would anyone want that anyway?  Thats the same starter car with a paint job any noob could do better at...lmao

Tbh yeah ... First they should fix game at least to a playable point and when do promotions for new players to join APB. Cuz new comers not gonna stay after seeing all this mess.

1 minute ago, MartisLTU said:

Tbh yeah ... First they should fix game at least to a playable point and when do promotions for new players to join APB. Cuz new comers not gonna stay after seeing all this mess.

Exactly.

1 hour ago, LilyV3 said:

well in that case it would be some IBM mainframe promo

Probably. 

They should try to get the game into discord or the epic games store whenever there's a major update after the UE port. Discord would defo make some exclusive cosmetics for Nitro like they did with... Warframe? Don't remember what game it was. 

1 hour ago, Shimmer said:

dear user, your question in the thread "alien invasion car" by TheManWithoutName

wich is the same as this question, in the thread "alien invasion car" by TheManWithoutName:

4 hours ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

Why would anyone want that car? lmao

has been answered in the thread "alien invasion car" by TheManWithoutName, by MartisLTU and AlishaAzure:

4 hours ago, MartisLTU said:

Those players who love to collect all items especially limited items.

2 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

+

*note: the quotations in this post doesnt include the quotations in the original messenges, wich might or might not produce a loss of context in them.

40 minutes ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

dear user, your question in the thread "alien invasion car" by TheManWithoutName

wich is the same as this question, in the thread "alien invasion car" by TheManWithoutName:

has been answered in the thread "alien invasion car" by TheManWithoutName, by MartisLTU and AlishaAzure:

*note: the quotations in this post doesnt include the quotations in the original messenges, wich might or might not produce a loss of context in them.

I already saw the answers since they quoted me, what's the point of this quote?

2 hours ago, Shimmer said:

I'm not going to disagree. Our focus is fixing the game, and we are holding back most of this sort of thing till after the UE 3.5 engine upgrade is live.
However, in some cases we can't control the timing of opportunities like this or if we will get invited to participate.

So I opted to do this one to get the experience.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

a new skin for a old car? is this how far progress have come along lmfao

2 hours ago, Shimmer said:

All i wanted is the old threat system back, broadcast ban names, a new map, finish up the aslyum map/district, better graphics, old graphic similar to the rtw version with that HQ bloom. I guess none of this is going to happen until 2023? no making jokes, I'm serious.

6 hours ago, TR3NT said:

Looks like all you need to do is create an Alienware Arena account and click on the APB giveaway.

Thank you so much. Getting info on how to find the giveaway was definitely the hard part of the giveaway. After this post I got one in 3-4 clicks. 

On 1/18/2019 at 1:15 PM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Here is some context on the choice and design for the Alienware car:

We were given an opportunity to participate, but not much time to execute.

We were told not to use the alienhead and given several other design limitations.

My team has never engaged in anything like this, so none of us knew how hard these codes are to claim. We weren't sure if existing players could easily get them, and we didn't want to upset anyone with some crazy car they couldn't get. While I think we could have done plenty of things differently, I'm not a fan of creating rare, unbalanced items for a random promotional giveaway.

We have a couple more of these opportunities coming up, so we'll continue to explore better ways to do them.

Thanks,
Matt

Wish this stuff was stickied. 

Considering those limitations it's a great car and the small effort needed to claim the giveaway this is a great prize. Shame that Alienware didn't want you to use the alienhead seems counter to the promotion but still great work on the designers for still giving it the Alienware look without the alienhead. See below for my suggestion for future giveaways.

8 hours ago, Gothina said:

Why not this...... ?

52cfa238547756cb3dcdadcaee3e0fb4.jpg

This. 

Is not a bad idea, although it would be a heap of work for a reskin and new kit of a Patriot T25 or Dolton Montane but the essence should be taken in to account - if they're going to giveaway free stuff LO should use that opportunity to promote lesser used vehicles and bring life to the neglected side of APB. Free Redesigned Balkan Varzuga? Do it. New Skin for the STAR? All in. 

Find stuff that is game statistically neutral or everyone already has access to (like the Calabria or the STAR) and jazz it to breathe new life into it. But that's just me and my boredom with the Vegas + NTec meta that's been going on since time immemorial. And obviously the rewards should balance with the effort needed to claim them. Considering the Alienware vehicle only took a few clicks for someone with an account, it's almost too much to be given a vehicle with more than 1slot. 

29 minutes ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

I already saw the answers since they quoted me, what's the point of this quote?

to emphasise the point that the question was already asked, by showing the direct quote.

your notifications tray was just collateral damage.

Dealing with that scummy company for last few years as part of a large enterprise, I would have given them the middle finger. I appreciate the content addition, just wish it was from a better company.

8 hours ago, Gothina said:

Why not this...... ?

52cfa238547756cb3dcdadcaee3e0fb4.jpg

Not going to lie. I wish we could have done something like this.

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, LAPDAIonzo said:

All i wanted is the old threat system back, broadcast ban names, a new map, finish up the aslyum map/district, better graphics, old graphic similar to the rtw version with that HQ bloom. I guess none of this is going to happen until 2023? no making jokes, I'm serious.

We still have the old threat system. Or are you talking about the old old one?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LAPDAIonzo said:

TBH  threat needs  to  be  removed  completely as it  really  means nothing, and it is so easily manipulated.   I remember back in the day the old threat system it really was more rare to see a gold.   Not sure if asylum is on LO plate but hoped it would  be as I had always  looked  forward  to that being a mission district myself.

2 hours ago, LAPDAIonzo said:

considering they removed the broadcast and its not an "unintended consequence", i dobut you'll ever see it again.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MattScott said:

why haven't you? At Least skinwise such a design would have worked on the calabria

Edited by LilyV3

8 hours ago, Shimmer said:

I remember back in the day the old threat system it really was more rare to see a gold.   

Yeah but other than ego boosting, how would that change anything in regards to the over all APB experience?

Edited by CookiePuss

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Yeah but other than ego boosting, how would that change anything in regards to the over all APB experience?

I dont think the  old threat sytem worked well anyways.   Like I said before, I've felt for a long time that threat really needs to go away.  It literally means nothing because of the ease of its manipulation.  I mean you see you're fighting a "bronze" but that person was likely gold 1 hour before.  Its no longer viable.

16 hours ago, MattScott said:

Motorcycles.  Make it happen.   😛

They will bring new stuff, before or after, i am sure of that.