TheManWithoutName

alien invasion car

Mostly agree with that the car choice isn't great. The thing is, most likely those codes will only work for newly created accounts. If you give away free 4x4 Vegases or other high tier items to newbies, everyone else in the community will simply get annoyed by the fact that they spent irl money on them.

15 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

but that is way too mainstream. Being in the news by having killed someone with your superexpensive notebook sounds so much better, don't you think?

Think about that cool news.

Nerd kills home invader with $2,000 Laptop for interrupting his LOL session at 3.am

Nerd explains in the interview: it was 3 am in the morning and those F*cking noobs were too Stupid doing their damn jobs so i had to carry them and jet we got totally roasted.  At that point that guy with the knife broke in to the living room through the window and my personal Ulti called nerdrage was so ready I just throw my laptop at his general direction.

The police later explained the invader was killed by a cracked skull caused by the sheer force of the laptop that hit him.

someone told me LOL players are more likely to defend themselves with the network cable or the modem - the 2 items they always have a hand on while playing

5 hours ago, MattScott said:

While I think we could have done plenty of things differently, I'm not a fan of creating rare, unbalanced items for a random promotional giveaway.

i understand the circustances, but just as a footnote for that commentary: thats why we were talking about cars like the T-25, cisco, han veo, moirai, or the dolton in this thread:

cars that, while being great gifts for new players, are going to be replaced as soon as the player unlocks one of the more meta cars (vegas, jericho/bishada,pioneer), yet, viable enough to allow car collector players to showoff in the action districts.

2 minutes ago, Speedz said:

Mostly agree with that the car choice isn't great. The thing is, most likely those codes will only work for newly created accounts. If you give away free 4x4 Vegases or other high tier items to newbies, everyone else in the community will simply get annoyed by the fact that they spent irl money on them.

check my answer to matt above.

@MattScott  it's a nice car. however we really should have a look at the car balance in this game as well, as it is REALLY broken. major impact ere had the car spawner being a vital piece in missions now which requires a durable car, as it otherwise is too easily destroyed.

I would have preferred a Nvidia car 🙂

it would have augured a future full of possibilities

( can t start apb with geforce now on pc and shield )

a green truck 3 mod for me plz !

Edited by SK4LP

3 hours ago, SK4LP said:

I would have preferred a Nvidia car 🙂

it would have augured a future full of possibilities

( can t start apb with geforce now on pc and shield )

a green truck 3 mod for me plz !

nvidia sucks

12 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Here is some context on the choice and design for the Alienware car:

We were given an opportunity to participate, but not much time to execute.

We were told not to use the alienhead and given several other design limitations.

My team has never engaged in anything like this, so none of us knew how hard these codes are to claim. We weren't sure if existing players could easily get them, and we didn't want to upset anyone with some crazy car they couldn't get. While I think we could have done plenty of things differently, I'm not a fan of creating rare, unbalanced items for a random promotional giveaway.

We have a couple more of these opportunities coming up, so we'll continue to explore better ways to do them.

Thanks,
Matt

Thanks for clearing that up.

Though, regarding vehicles - you really won't be doing a mistake unless you make said vehicle one of the top tier vehicles (4x4 vegas, pioneer and espacio).

Any vehicle that isn't one of the three is perfectly fine balance wise for new and existing players. You can add as many mods to these vehicles as you want, but they won't ever become unbalanced.

A vehicle being rare isn't too much of an issue since you have access to all vehicles, with all kits, all slots and you can design them the way you want - you can even copy the promo vehicle designs.

Furthermore, looking at the only previous promo vehicle we've got, which was a customized cisco with a back then unreleased kit and a unique design, it didn't break the game at all and no one got mad over it because they could no longer get it.

32 minutes ago, Gothina said:

Why not this...... ?

52cfa238547756cb3dcdadcaee3e0fb4.jpg

My guess is Alienware called the shots. 

• Like 1

Didn't understood yet how and if we can get the alienware car :classic_mellow:

31 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

Didn't understood yet how and if we can get the alienware car :classic_mellow:

Looks like all you need to do is create an Alienware Arena account and click on the APB giveaway.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TR3NT said:

Looks like all you need to do is create an Alienware Arena account and click on the APB giveaway.

Oh.. didn't saw that, thank you.

They should post something in forums too, no?

or they done that alredy?

1 minute ago, AlishaAzure said:

Oh.. didn't saw that, thank you.

They should post something in forums too, no?

or they done that alredy?

they haven't posted anything about it on the forums yet i don't think. 

46 minutes ago, TR3NT said:

they haven't posted anything about it on the forums yet i don't think. 

nothing in detail afaik, just that around mid january there will be soe stuff with it

Edited by LilyV3

On 1/16/2019 at 7:59 PM, TheManWithoutName said:

How do you get that vehicle?  alienware car

Here you go https://eu.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/1968286/boards/contest-and-giveaways-global/Giveaway/apb-reloaded-exclusive-skin-key-giveaway

Create acc. and you will get "alienware car" redeem code  . 1853 codes left

I redeemed mine ... 

1 minute ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

Why would anyone want that car? lmao

Was at 1,700 earlier. 

Only around 400 left. 

1 minute ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

Why would anyone want that car? lmao

Those players who love to collect all items especially limited items.

1 minute ago, MartisLTU said:

Those players who love to collect all items especially limited items.

I guess, but it's a starter car, maybe if it was a good car.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

Hmm as im testing this car it seems its normal car doesnt have any boosted spects like some joker shop cars, but it comes with 3 open slots ... so for new ppl. and collectors its nice free gift. 

*tho weapon or weapon skin would be better*

37 minutes ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

"Only 1614 keys left!"

26 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

Hmm as im testing this car it seems its normal car doesnt have any boosted spects like some joker shop cars, but it comes with 3 open slots ... so for new ppl. and collectors its nice free gift. 

*tho weapon or weapon skin would be better*

I only see people with carspawner yet. does it really have 3 customizeable slots? thats pretty good. the calabria is fun don't let people trashtalk it.

Thats it? The black and blue skin? It doesnt even resemble anything of the overpriced alienware. Im very sure people can replicate that skin and slap it on better cars and sell on marketplace.

Bad choice, but a balanced one. It's got slots also? I'm curious. 

Anything else would have definitely annoyed some players. Anything above a cisco. 

A fresno or something woulda been cool though. 

8 minutes ago, _chain said:

Bad choice, but a balanced one. It's got slots also? I'm curious. 

Anything else would have definitely annoyed some players. Anything above a cisco. 

A fresno or something woulda been cool though. 

well in that case it would be some IBM mainframe promo

Edited by LilyV3