TheManWithoutName

alien invasion car

More information related to this promotion vehicle will be posted in the near future

Try reading next time.

• Like 5

It's the same thing i thought today after the patch but well, we need to wait for use that "giveaway code" for achive it, or idk how it will work.

Is this the alienware promo or whatever? I'm totally clueless as to what this is about. If there was a forum post somewhere on it I totally missed it.

Edit: Turns out it's in today's patch notes. "Alienware Promotional Vehicle" will have a forum post in the "near future". So something maybe later today or tomorrow will come out. 

Edited by Trivirium
Additional information

19 minutes ago, Trivirium said:

Is this the alienware promo or whatever? I'm totally clueless as to what this is about. If there was a forum post somewhere on it I totally missed it.

Edit: Turns out it's in today's patch notes. "Alienware Promotional Vehicle" will have a forum post in the "near future". So something maybe later today or tomorrow will come out. 

This was also mentioned in the newsletter, but not everyone (me included) seems to be getting that

10 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

This was also mentioned in the newsletter, but not everyone (me included) seems to be getting that

I did remember hearing about a upcoming alienware promo, didn't know it was a vehicle. I wonder if it's just designed and dressed up with symbols like the Gumshoe 4x4 or if it has a unique take all together. I'm very curious how one would obtain said item as well. Will it be a free item earned? or will it be through owning something Alienware related as it is a promo.. Will it be useful to vets as well as new players? SO MANY QUESTIONS SO LITTLE INFORMATION.

Would be cool if it was a retro futuristic 50's car, given the name alien..but I know it won't be.

1 hour ago, Xegethra said:

Would be cool if it was a retro futuristic 50's car, given the name alien..but I know it won't be.

It's in the newsletter. It's just a Calabria 127 with a unique skin.

1 hour ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

It's in the newsletter. It's just a Calabria 127 with a unique skin.

Wow, really?

And I thought the Computerbild Spiele promotion that gave people a Charge Cisco was bad.

34 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Wow, really?

And I thought the Computerbild Spiele promotion that gave people a Charge Cisco was bad.

well you oculd bring it to a derby way more fun than you can have in a cisco.

I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere that it's a Calabria 127... Can I get the sauce please?

18 minutes ago, Trivirium said:

I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere that it's a Calabria 127... Can I get the sauce please?

329dd24adde1cc27e160f785407f6a70.png

it was in a newsletter that was sent out via email, apparently not everyone received it even if you've allowed gamersfirst to send you stuff

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

it was in a newsletter that was sent out via email, apparently not everyone received it even if you've allowed gamersfirst to send you stuff

I got it, but no image attachment. Perhaps it was because I was on my phone but damn that's a crap car to be sure.

2 hours ago, Trivirium said:

I got it, but no image attachment. Perhaps it was because I was on my phone but damn that's a crap car to be sure.

even tho its not much just a ok skin on a crap car but At least there is a brand willing to work with LO to do something kinda unique.

Edited by TR3NT
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, TR3NT said:

even tho its not much just a ok skin on a crap car but At least there is a brand willing to work with LO to do something kinda unique.

Very good point.

• Like 2

Still have an older alienware lappy ... people can still be jelly / hating when it's pulled out. That thing was faster than most desktops back in the day.

9 minutes ago, Jazeker said:

Still have an older alienware lappy ... people can still be jelly / hating when it's pulled out. That thing was faster than most desktops back in the day.

cool beans

kinda doubt, notebook cpus and gpus were/are always behind when talking about a similar pricerange. anyway.

btt: i think there's alienware arena and they usually do giveaways there. just sign up, log in and get it. not on there though (yet)

Edited by neophobia

20 minutes ago, neophobia said:

kinda doubt, notebook cpus and gpus were/are always behind when talking about a similar pricerange. anyway.

if you’re buying alienware i don’t really think pricing is the main concern 

It's quite nice, in the end it is a starter car with a simple but cooler design than the starter Calabria, so it is Greta for people starting that have yet no access to customization or simply not the skills at that point. or the ingame money to buy  customized one.

If it is a "skin" for the starter car I am pretty sure it just got the car spawner? would be cool if these people could also get a nitro in that Calabria.  Nitro Calabria is amazing xD

The calabria is not that bad as a car, steers and rives pretty nice, and you can d evil things to other cars if you know how to handle it. it only lacks proper top speed.

We better should better talk about that unlocked tutorial car which truly is crappy.

10 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

If they somehow made it glow even with the disliked Contagion Event type "glow" that would make it worth it. 

Although a part from the 4x4 Vegas the Calabria 127 has to be the most spawned car in APB.

3 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

if you’re buying alienware i don’t really think pricing is the main concern 

at any pricerange though

i mostly meant uh... well "hardware tier" - not even talking about actual price. a desktop 8th gen i7 is still superior to a notebook 8th gen i7, as well as the graphic chips being cut down. the 10-series didnt have the m suffix for notebook gpus anymore but still werent as performant. (applies to the max q version too)

i think they started putting in the normal chips now? not sure - buf:

notebook gpus and cpus were and are always inferior, especially taking cooling into account. there are some that use desktop hardware but obviously you couldn't fit a 240+ rad or dual tower in there lmao, so you could never oc to get the maximum performance. (if it isn't for throtteling even)

but hell, even alienwares desktoppcs (top of the line, area51) aren't more performant than a build you did yourself with equal components, considering they use rather simple blower gpus and a single, what, 90mm rad for the cpu? they might not normally throttle but you can forget about high ocs there.

Edited by neophobia

8 minutes ago, neophobia said:

at any pricerange though

i mostly meant uh... well "hardware tier" - not even talking about actual price. a desktop 8th gen i7 is still superior to a notebook 8th gen i7, as well as the graphic chips being cut down. the 10-series didnt have the m suffix for notebook gpus anymore but still werent as performant. (applies to the max q version too)

i think they started putting in the normal chips now? not sure - buf:

notebook gpus and cpus were and are always inferior, especially taking cooling into account. there are some that use desktop hardware but obviously you couldn't fit a 240+ rad or dual tower in there lmao, so you could never oc to get the maximum performance. (if it isn't for throtteling even)

but hell, even alienwares desktoppcs (top of the line, area51) aren't more performant than a build you did yourself with equal components, considering they use rather simple blower gpus and a single, what, 90mm rad for the cpu? they might not normally throttle but you can forget about high ocs there.

the point of alienware pc's is to provide gamers with high performance PC's that don't want or can build own pc or wanna care about having to investigate if stuff is compatible + learning how to overclock correctly and getting rid of all that extra heat.  It's for the lazy wealthy gamers.  But surely if you can do all that on your own you can get higher performance for the same price.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

the point of alienware pc's is to provide gamers with high performance PC's that don't want or can build own pc or wanna care about having to investigate if stuff is compatible + learning how to overclock correctly and getting rid of all that extra heat.  It's for the lazy wealthy gamers.  But surely if you can do all that on your own you can get higher performance for the same price.

yeah? i never said anything else. i don't judge anyone buying alienware, despite pc-building being just like quite expensive lego these days and tools like pcpartpicker.com easily allowing you to check compabilities in most cases.

rich and lazy gamers probably wouldn't go for alienware but a custom one from maingear or smth though.

it's not like alienware is an ultra premium brand.

Edited by neophobia

There was a short moment in time with last year or 2017 where buying an alienware was cheaper than building it yourself. This was due to GPU and RAM parts that Dell secured with their alienware builds being price locked before the surge in demand for GPUs with bitcoin mining and all that. That was quite surreal actually.

Either way, not sure why people moan about alienwares still, the demographic is clearly marketed at people that have the money but not the time or knowledge to build one themselves. If they had the knowledge of PC Gaming they could easily paid for a custom boutique build but constantly wondering why rich people are buying alienwares is silly, there's a clearly a market for people with money, no time on their hands along with a lack of expertise.

Even if you say building is easy, it requires a lot of research on whats compatible, lots of video or text guides and it is actually intimidating the first time.

Edited by Shini
  • Like 4