Sign in to follow this  
19maggot95

Cobra Rifle Buff

I think this rifle might need to be buffed to reflect the lesser ammo count. The AR-97 Misery kills in 5 shots, yet in game the stats say it deals less than the Cobra.

Maybe if we were to lower the rate of fire while upping the damage just enough for it to be a 5 hit and it would bring it more in line. Atm it feels like a ntec/AR97 hybrid.

3 hours ago, 19maggot95 said:

The AR-97 Misery kills in 5 shots, yet in game the stats say it deals less than the Cobra.

the ingame stats are useless

the cobra is essentially an automatic carbine, i'd rather they (slightly) speed up the rof (while tweaking bloom so it remains similar)

4 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

the ingame stats are useless

the cobra is essentially an automatic carbine, i'd rather they (slightly) speed up the rof (while tweaking bloom so it remains similar)

That could be a decent alternative. At the end of the day, I want it buffed it a bit just so that its ttk is actually competetive. Either or work for me, more dmg or rof.

6 hours ago, Thanahr said:

I second this. It's a very fun gun but it just can't compete most of the time.

The main problem is that it's a jack of all trades but has more restrictions placed on it than the STAR. To bring its TTK in line with the STAR and NTEC I think either a change in rof or dmg is needed. Right now it can get dump-trucked by a STAR at range or close. 

If the TTK is lowered just a bit to bring it more in line I'd be happy with it. Changing the reticle bloom was definitely a God send, but I think we need to massage out the rifle's attributes.

Personally I'd like the reticle bloom to stay the same, so that it can still be a close/long range rifle. I don't see the problem with that as it only has a 20 round mag, you end up reloading a lot. I feel it's a decent trade off, especially when looking at the AR 97 and NTEC Ursus stats.

With a bit of change to rof/dmg this rifle would actually have a role other than an assist machine lol. Love the rifle but it's still just a tad underwhelming. If its ttk was lowered from .9 seconds to either .6 or .7 seconds it would be no different than the STAR or NTEC/Ursus. It has such a unique role that I think should be fleshed out; Heavy Assault Rifle.

Comparing all the assault rifles to one another, I don't think the cobr-a needs a buff, I think the ntec needs a rework, it makes almost all other assault rifles look subpar compared to it.

33 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

Comparing all the assault rifles to one another, I don't think the cobr-a needs a buff, I think the ntec needs a rework, it makes almost all other assault rifles look subpar compared to it.

I would rather the NTEC be set as the benchmark. And I mean the NTEC 5. Lots of weapons are definitely comparable in the rifle class with it. Aces Rifle, Atac, Star, and now even with AR97's reticle change I'd put it up there. It's just that the AR97 is nearly identical, but kills in one less shot with a (very very slight) decrease in rof.

Some rifles are definitely subpar for sure, and I'd rather see them buffed rather than everything else nerfed to that benchmark. Seems like not only less work to me but also like it would bring rifles as a whole more choice to choose from.

LMGs and SMGs have a lot of good guns, so do the marksman and sniper rifles. But atm the auto rifles do feel subpar.

2 hours ago, 19maggot95 said:

.6 or .7 seconds it would be no different than the STAR or NTEC/Ursus.

way too low imo, the lowest id ever want it is .75s to put it (theoretically) even with the carbine

46 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

way too low imo, the lowest id ever want it is .75s to put it (theoretically) even with the carbine

I'll even take that at this point lmao. But this .85 ttk is no where near competetive at this point.

3 hours ago, 19maggot95 said:

I would rather the NTEC be set as the benchmark. And I mean the NTEC 5. Lots of weapons are definitely comparable in the rifle class with it. Aces Rifle, Atac, Star, and now even with AR97's reticle change I'd put it up there. It's just that the AR97 is nearly identical, but kills in one less shot with a (very very slight) decrease in rof.

Some rifles are definitely subpar for sure, and I'd rather see them buffed rather than everything else nerfed to that benchmark. Seems like not only less work to me but also like it would bring rifles as a whole more choice to choose from.

LMGs and SMGs have a lot of good guns, so do the marksman and sniper rifles. But atm the auto rifles do feel subpar.

I agree, kind of, and I see where you're coming from, but, I don't think an assault rifle(the ntec specifically) should be as effective in such a multitude of ways, cqc has their cqc and long range has their long range, mean while the ntec stands a change a long & short whilst still filling that mid range space too.

Push assault rifles into their niche of mid range with slight capability to tickle long range and attempt to hold their own in cqc, obviously there some exceptions like the LCR and the ACES, but, whilst they can fight in those long/close ranges respectively, they'll still mostly lose to equally skilled weapons designed for those ranges.

Hence why i'd rather the ntec be put on a slightly tighter leash, they tried to do so with the IR change, and it almost worked, almost.

50 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

I agree, kind of, and I see where you're coming from, but, I don't think an assault rifle(the ntec specifically) should be as effective in such a multitude of ways, cqc has their cqc and long range has their long range, mean while the ntec stands a change a long & short whilst still filling that mid range space too.

Push assault rifles into their niche of mid range with slight capability to tickle long range and attempt to hold their own in cqc, obviously there some exceptions like the LCR and the ACES, but, whilst they can fight in those long/close ranges respectively, they'll still mostly lose to equally skilled weapons designed for those ranges.

Hence why i'd rather the ntec be put on a slightly tighter leash, they tried to do so with the IR change, and it almost worked, almost.

Yeah I can understand your point. I was never good with it in cqc, so I mainly stuck to mid/long range with the NTEC, but that's just my own playerskill. 

I personally couldn't care what happens to the NTEC, but I do want to see the cobra buffed. Its almost like it's so close for being good in a multitude of roles but it always falls short compared to any weapon. Close range dam near everything dominates it and same at range, the problem I think that the Cobra has its low TTK. It can't compete, at least when a STAR goes up against an NTEC you can force the advantage in favor of the STAR by getting closer and come out on top. 

There's just no prime range for the Cobra, no matter how you play it. Either an increase in dmg or rof would be so welcome. The weapon certainly has character and I love using it, but it just feels a tad underwhelming. Still leagues ahead of what it was originally, with that odd reticle bloom.

Also I just wanna make it clear that I'm proposing these suggestions with the hope that the mag size will remain the same. The weapon certainly is unique.

The weapon is absolutely unique like you said @19maggot95 but it need some adjustments and fixed to its accuracy, recoil and other things, LO didn't done alredy all rebalance yet so maybe in the future they will check this weapon too.

22 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

The weapon is absolutely unique like you said @19maggot95 but it need some adjustments and fixed to its accuracy, recoil and other things, LO didn't done alredy all rebalance yet so maybe in the future they will check this weapon too.

Personally I love the accuracy and recoil, I think they struck a good balance there. I think our best bet is lowering its abysmal ttk of 0.9 seconds by raising the damage or the rate of fire.

The accuracy is almost sniper-like if tap fired.