Kariiim

Grenade stun and opgl are OP

Turn up your particle effects so you can see the smoke trails the OPGL rounds leave behind as they fly. Makes them much easier to dodge.

• Like 1

stun grenades are the only “one hit kill” grenades left, i can see how some people think that’s op

the opgl-cd is not op, not only does it have less stored ammo, but it can’t stun you with one grenade (unlike the lethal opgl, which can one shot you)

in in the end both are ltl which adds the (imo very large) balancing factor of only stunning an enemy

Edited by BXNNXD
added stuff
  • Like 2

Just now, BXNNXD said:

stun grenades are the only “one hit kill” grenades left, i can see how some people think that’s op

the opgl-cd is not op, not only does it have less stored ammo, but it can’t stun you with one grenade (unlike the lethal opgl, which can one shot you)

Can the OPGL one-shot? I thought it only did like 98% damage, you at least had to be damaged by something for it to be a one-shot last I checked

13 minutes ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

Can the OPGL one-shot? I thought it only did like 98% damage, you at least had to be damaged by something for it to be a one-shot last I checked

the opgl will do a maximum of 1,000 damage (coincidentally, players have 1,000 hp), it’s a fairly small radius tho (1m iirc?), you basically have to land it on a player in order to one shot

the opgl-cd only does a max of 980 stamina damage, although it has a slighter larger explosion radius to make up for it

Eh, if you're losing to stun you're gonna lose to lethal even more.

• Like 6

Ha!

something tells me this thread came after i rocked my "stun launcher with stabba pig and percs" my 'Piss off criminals' loadout for 2 hours

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

the opgl-cd only does a max of 980 stamina damage, although it has a slighter larger explosion radius to make up for it

Problem with that though is that losing that much stamina prevents you sprinting, which is 99% as good as being dead anyway (you won't be able to avoid the next round without sprinting if the CD user is accurate enough)

4 minutes ago, Nite said:

Problem with that though is that losing that much stamina prevents you sprinting, which is 99% as good as being dead anyway (you won't be able to avoid the next round without sprinting if the CD user is accurate enough)

id rather be slower and firing back over faster and dead, it also means that (with fuse time) its at least 10 second tts 

of course you can speed that up with a complementary secondary (nano, tg8) but the same can be done with the lethal opgl - in the end the opgl-cd is inferior to its lethal counterpart like most other ltl

43 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

Ha!

something tells me this thread came after i rocked my "stun launcher with stabba pig and percs" my 'Piss off criminals' loadout for 2 hours

You really should stop playing in bronze districts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

id rather be slower and firing back over faster and dead, it also means that (with fuse time) its at least 10 second tts 

of course you can speed that up with a complementary secondary (nano, tg8) but the same can be done with the lethal opgl - in the end the opgl-cd is inferior to its lethal counterpart like most other ltl

You should play some world of tanks. That'll change your mind real quick.

I'll take dying in one shot to artillery any day over the now unable to do anything from stun and thousand cuts to death.

nerfing something that is already nerfed severely enough by way of how LTL works sounds bad to me.

I'll pass since its hard enough to use as it is and would be too close to impossible to use otherwise for regular players

• Thanks 1

You got every possible advantage against LTL as long as you fire first.

Good thing i'm working on that APB tactic guide. Might be here by Feburary.

Don't generally lose money when using oplg and explosives?Ammo is so expensive it's hard to make up for it.Especially if you use it in fight club.

14 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

nerfing something that is already nerfed severely enough by way of how LTL works sounds bad to me.

I'll pass since its hard enough to use as it is and would be too close to impossible to use otherwise for regular players

Yeah no, that's not how you balance. You balance your game around the good players because otherwise they are the ones breaking it for everyone else.

1 hour ago, Mitne said:

You got every possible advantage against LTL as long as you fire first.

Good thing i'm working on that APB tactic guide. Might be here by Feburary.

Very good advice. You can add "just don't get hit" and "just kill your opponent first" to that guide.

50 minutes ago, I3ox said:

I'm guessing that you are talking about the O-PGL 79 CD.
Let's say that they would nerf it, what do you think they could change without making the weapon useless
Here are the current stats: https://db.apbvault.net/items/Weapon_LTL_GrenadeLauncher

Quite simple: reduce the explosion radius by 30-40%. Dunno why people actually try to defend the stun opgl. It's pretty broken.

20 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Yeah no, that's not how you balance. You balance your game around the good players because otherwise they are the ones breaking it for everyone else.

Very good advice. You can add "just don't get hit" and "just kill your opponent first" to that guide.

Quite simple: reduce the explosion radius by 30-40%. Dunno why people actually try to defend the stun opgl. It's pretty broken.

yeah so broken every secong gold enfo uses it.  you can clearly define the brokenness of a gun in APb by its usage. and the OPGL -CD is far from that. it's just the peoples usual problem with adapting to a weapon they hardly ever see and don't know how to react to it.

Edited by LilyV3
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

so the opgl-cd should have less ammo, a longer tts vs ttk and a smaller radius explosion radius compared to the opgl?

why not just delete the gun while you're at it

19 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

first, of all, I'm not defending the O-PGL 79 CD. I'm just trying to make a point that it is so easy to say "oh nerf this it's broken" but in reality, a "clear" nerf could ruin a weapon and we would have a bunch of norsmen in the game, a weapon that is just there and is not being used.
For example, the nerf that you suggest is quite radical. Reducing the range with 30-40% would make it A LOT harder to do anything the O-PGL 79 CD.
It would reduce the explosion range from 1,000cm (10 m) to 700-600 (7-6m) and that's just the range for the minimum damage. The area for the max damage would be around 60 cm. The final effect of this would be that the average user would go from 2 nades to stun to about 3-4 nades to stun.

This would make it useless.

Edited by I3ox
corrected some stuff
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

yeah so broken every secong gold enfo uses it.  you can clearly define the brokenness of a gun in APb by its usage. and the OPGL -CD is far from that. it's just the peoples usual problem with adapting to a weapon they hardly ever see and don't know how to react to it.

Or you know... maybe it's because it's a level 15 unlock in a role most people don't grind since LTL is consistently weaker then their lethal counterpart.

But sure let's ignore context and use the final numbers without knowing how we get those. Very bad statistical work.

35 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

so the opgl-cd should have less ammo, a longer tts vs ttk and a smaller radius explosion radius compared to the opgl?

why not just delete the gun while you're at it

It has one drum less spare ammo (which could be adjusted), the tts is the same as ttk (unless one shot wonder) and the explosion radius would bring it in line with all other explosive projectiles.

So if you tell me that brining it in line with every other weapon (a bit weaker as lethal counterparts due to exclusive to enforcer) makes it useless then continue to ignore logic.

30 minutes ago, I3ox said:

first, of all, I'm not defending the O-PGL 79 CD. I'm just trying to make a point that it is so easy to say "oh nerf this it's broken" but in reality, a "clear" nerf could ruin a weapon and we would have a bunch of norsmen in the game, a weapon that is just there and is not being used.
For example, the nerf that you suggest is quite radical. Reducing the range with 30-40% would make it A LOT harder to do anything the O-PGL 79 CD.
It would reduce the explosion range from 1,000cm (10 m, might be wrong) to 700-600 (7-6m) and that's just the range for the minimum damage. The area for the max damage would be around 60 cm. The final effect of this would be that instead of  2 nades to stun in most cases it would need 3-4 nades to stun instead.

This would make it useless.

Yes, instead of being a 2shot stun until 6,5m!!! (which is roughly the average max radius of all explosives it would reduce that by 1-2m since the curve would obviously be also adjusted.

Largest part would still be a 2shot radius stun. But yes, definitely radical so let's meet at 7,5m (25% reduction) and lethal OPGL radius.

Edited by TheJellyGoo

18 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Or you know... maybe it's because it's a level 15 unlock in a role most people don't grind since LTL is consistently weaker then their lethal counterpart.

But sure let's ignore context and use the final numbers without knowing how we get those. Very bad statistical work.

loads of people have cop 15 and still don't use it, that seems to be very much an straw you you try grasp to keep up with your opinion.

And IF it were that OP people would just go for cop 15 to get something thats OP, because people have done much more effort to reach even less.

You are here since 2011 and know very well that it never was Op and never will be and when we had like 3k on Obeya alone with plenty of cops at 15 it was still hardly used.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

It has one drum less spare ammo (which could be adjusted), the tts is the same as ttk (unless one shot wonder) and the explosion radius would bring it in line with all other explosive projectiles.

So if you tell me that brining it in line with every other weapon (a bit weaker as lethal counterparts due to exclusive to enforcer) makes it useless then continue to ignore logic.

where is the logic in nerfing a weapon thats already weaker than its lethal counterpart?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

loads of people have cop 15 and still don't use it, that seems to be very much an straw you you try grasp to keep up with your opinion.

And IF it were that OP people would just go for cop 15 to get something thats OP, because people have done much more effort to reach even less.

You are here since 2011 and know very well that it never was Op and never will be and when we had like 3k on Obeya alone with plenty of cops at 15 it was still hardly used.

Not everyone likes grenade launchers (or the category of explosive primaries) since they are a very specific kind of playstyle that limits a players ability to perform at his best.

Better players can use other weapons much more to their advantage while weaker players have a much easier time reaching the maximum potential with explosives.

This especially applies to the O-PGL 79 CD since it is broken. Not as much as outright OP but as badly balanced since the explosion radius is to wide.

Simple matter of game mechanics: movement distance to travel time to fuse time to explosion radius.

Just because a weapon isn't the best in the game doesn't mean it is balanced and not broken. It has it's own limitations for it's intended role and should be handled like that.

Another one of "those threads" where OP never returns.

The weapon is fine nerfing a gun that shoots "tear gas" seems to be succeeding in making crims shed tears long after the effects wear off.

LTL is nerf guns for adults Normal guns will always win against it ,Use the weapon you're calling OP before assuming it's just the weapon (Why does a smg have the ability to hit at 95 meters Looking at you C2)

• Like 4