swft

Can't believe I'm about to say this...

Banning is not the solution. They reroll in a couple of minutes.

Making cheats not able to work, is.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

Banning is not the solution. They reroll in a couple of minutes.

Making cheats not able to work, is.

Doesn't mean that you're not supposed to do what you can along the way until that goal is achieved.

So can we finally move on from that smart idea to make cheating in APB legal and nonpunishable.

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

orbit announced late last year that they have discontinued the use of fairfight

source

Yep, i was thinking of that when answered, well, thx for that 😆

Sometimes my memory is missing.

8 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Doesn't mean that you're not supposed to do what you can along the way until that goal is achieved.

So can we finally move on from that smart idea to make cheating in APB legal and nonpunishable.

Why you twist my words? Did I say that cheating should be non-punishable?

So that does mean that you believe banning is the solution to the cheating problem? Can't be that shortsighted!

15 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

Why you twist my words? Did I say that cheating should be non-punishable?

So that does mean that you believe banning is the solution to the cheating problem? Can't be that shortsighted!

I'm not twisting your words. First sentence was in reply to you. 

Second was said in general since recently it is a reoccurring opinion on these forums and I just foreclosed those more radical thoughts.

Last part see my first sentence.

8 hours ago, Conquest said:

Hey OP I've just thought of a new title that you could have used on this post, it would go something like "Bring back fairfight (or something similar)" instead of the terrible one you put instead. Let me know if you have trouble thinking of post titles and you need suggestions for better titles in the future, I'm glad to help.

On topic: hackers bad fairfight good

You clicked on it didn't you? Then, it worked. 🙂

Rerolling is a thing yeah.

But its also nice to see bought accounts get banned.

At least its money wasted.

Cheating is bane of F2P gaming currently everywhere.

Each reroll should cost cheater - it would not eliminate all but most for sure.

Detection should be within day so most find it "not worthy". Cause most right now find it "worth it" for god know what reasons.

Killing cheating is like killing disease - kill the root and you will kill symptome.

Edited by Mitne

I kinda wish the game would detect the cheats and just close, all the time. Then there'd be programs to prevent that, but then they'd need to make more measures to stop those ones from doing that so the game keeps on shutting down on them. Don't really know how it would detect and close though.

On 1/14/2019 at 7:56 PM, Conquest said:

Hey OP I've just thought of a new title that you could have used on this post, it would go something like "Bring back fairfight (or something similar)" instead of the terrible one you put instead. Let me know if you have trouble thinking of post titles and you need suggestions for better titles in the future, I'm glad to help.

On topic: hackers bad fairfight good

that was probably the most condescending thing i've read in my entire life

G1 may have abused Fairfight at times and there may have been some false bans (people vastly overestimate the amount of false bans there were), myself included, but I'd still argue that it was the best anticheat APB has ever had. I wish they'd take another look at it. The first several months after FF was introduced were bliss. The game actually felt enjoyable.

But as it stands I haven't really played APB since July, as BE never seemed to do anything from the start. Things were quiet for the first week or two, those blatant cheaters we'd usually go against just sat in social the entire time out of fear. Then after everyone saw a certain group continuing to speedhack and aimbot without getting banned, things just went back to how they were before. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for LO taking over and I understand why they've done what they have, but I just can't play APB until the engine upgrade arrives. It feels more like a chore than a game.

• Like 3

APB runs on FairFight

Community: FairFight sucks! Give us BattlEye!

APB runs on BattlEye

Community: BattlEye sucks! Give us FairFight!

Stop lobbying for the sake of lobbying. Things are stagnant, have been for years, but at least give Little Orbit a chance before pouring the whine.

Edited by Haganu
  • Like 3

It looks like nothing will change no matter what anti cheat APB will have.

As long as this dev team will work on implementing them. I don't believe in coincidences that go for years.

You can get full auto FF bans which will ban legits (again this dev team) or you can have manual FF bans which take time.

FF was on manual up till LO took over regardless what lies Tiggs spew on the forums. It took long weeks, full rage and dedication to get banned.

Edited by Clandestine

1 hour ago, Haganu said:

APB runs on FairFight

Community: FairFight sucks! Give us BattlEye!

APB runs on BattlEye

Community: BattlEye sucks! Give us FairFight!

Stop lobbying for the sake of lobbying. Things are stagnant, have been for years, but at least give Little Orbit a chance before pouring the whine.

Fairfight was poorly implemented/managed and G1 didn't even pay for it for years, as stated by Matt Scott. Also they were essentially only using it on manual mode and banning whoever Tiggs wanted, despite lying about it multiple times. The unbans were managed the same way as well.

BE is not working properly and LO is trying to be overly-cautious about banning people. While I do understand that banning someone's account forever is a big deal, letting blatant cheaters run rampant for weeks/months isn't something they should be allowing. They haven't banned any of the russians triggerbotting on stream and advertising the cheat they use, they haven't banned speedhackers (lag-switchers, is the correct term I guess) and they sure as hell didn't ban the blatant aimbotters in asylum/baylan that pop in every day.

I know I might sound like I'm just complaining, but that's exactly whats going on in the game and you're not seeing it because you're probably not as active as me. I don't even know if you play EU either so...

The point is, neither solution worked for APB. I think we also need a statistics based anti-cheat module (like Fairfight), which I'm not sure BE even has, and if it does, it probably needs UE4 like all the other big games have.

Edited by swft
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, swft said:

Fairfight was poorly implemented/managed and G1 didn't even pay for it for years, as stated by Matt Scott. Also they were essentially only using it on manual mode and banning whoever Tiggs wanted, despite lying about it multiple times. The unbans were managed the same way as well.

Maybe instead of lobbying for BattlEye, the community should've lobbied for a proper implementation of FairFight in first place then when LO took over. Going back to FairFight and abandoning BattlEye would just be a waste of resources as it is now, and would definitely not be worth it as it is right now.

I still remember LilyV3's post about how APB manages to make every anticheat out there look bad, and even now he appears to be correct.

If LO would go back to FairFight, there will just be controversy all over the place again. Whether Tiggs had influence on it or not did not change the fact that there was a huge lot of controversy around FairFight, and the people causing/stimulating controversy like that do not change just like that.

APB's netcode is really bad, a server side anticheat like FairFight will not be as reliable as people think. If you want a full reliable implementation of FairFight, first the game should make sense network-wise.

Edited by Haganu

5 minutes ago, Haganu said:

Maybe instead of lobbying for BattlEye, the community should've lobbied for a proper implementation of FairFight in first place then when LO took over. Going back to FairFight and abandoning BattlEye would just be a waste of resources as it is now, and would definitely not be worth it as it is right now.

I still remember LilyV3's post about how APB manages to make every anticheat out there look bad, and even now he appears to be correct.

If LO would go back to FairFight, there will just be controversy all over the place again. Whether Tiggs had influence on it or not did not change the fact that there was a huge lot of controversy around FairFight, and the people causing/stimulating controversy like that do not change just like that.

APB's netcode is really bad, a server side anticheat like FairFight will not be as reliable as people think. If you want a full reliable implementation of FairFight, first the game should make sense network-wise.

Do you really believe that G1 (which is still mostly same old devs that gave us all cancer) can implement anything properly?

Just now, Clandestine said:

Do you really believe that G1 (which is still mostly same old devs that gave us all cancer) can implement anything properly?

Yo where can I get these lists of former and current employees?

18 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

a lot f the old staff is gone already I think. over the years a lot of the original RTW's devs that stayed are gone now.

So as Cookie said, a list would be pretty interesting.

Matt and I have discussed in the past about ways for proper in-house anti-cheat measures to be taken, as far as I know, it's coming down the pipeline.

On 1/15/2019 at 10:46 AM, swft said:

You clicked on it didn't you? Then, it worked. 🙂

Kudos for having figured out how to get clicks lmfao

Edited by _chain

1 hour ago, swft said:

statistics based anti-cheat 

not just statistics but also an active GM that can take out the blatants, but let the anti-cheat deal with the closets.

3 minutes ago, iRawwwN said:

not just statistics but also an active GM that can take out the blatants, but let the anti-cheat deal with the closets.

What happens when the GM is just a player and is friends with the cheaters. 

Shit... Maybe I'm getting too paranoid. 

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

What happens when the GM is just a player and is friends with the cheaters. 

Shit... Maybe I'm getting too paranoid. 

hmm LO employee... friends with cheater... Why would someone risk their "career" for a friend? Then again, GM's should have an actual contract with LO to prevent that. Hopefully not another Byrt thingy, if I recall that correctly. (wasn't much of a Colby person) Maybe have it so that X amount of escalations require X amount of GM's to approve the ban or something.

Edited by iRawwwN

On 1/14/2019 at 10:31 PM, Fortune Runner said:

Wait did Rebelliousness just complain that there were more people with the closet cheaters here and yet argue on a different thread to get rid of cheaters?

So the cheaters left and they complain either way?

I said the game was more populated when there were closet cheaters who tried to keep their cheats under the radar and only toggled when they were losing... compared to now when cheaters aren't trying to hide and matches regularly have one low lvl reroll with 37 kills just blatant as can be.  It would seem the cheater's aren't afraid of this new system or losing anything anymore.  And may I ask why you bring up my comment on a different thread here?  Are you like a comment stalker?  Why don't you use comments to simply put YOUR own comments and not worry about what I write on other threads.  To be sure I don't give a DAMN about stuff you say to regurgitate it from thread to thread.  My comment is pure disgust at the uselessness of the current system and an observation that wow, when it was bad with closet cheaters before... at least they didn't run 30 kill streaks every mission.

Edited by Rebelliousness