swft

Can't believe I'm about to say this...

bring back fairfight (or something similar)... We need some sort of banning for blatant cheaters before you actually "catch the cheat"

I'm sure most citadel players can relate, if they've been to asylum or even baylan recently

• Like 12

Fairfight was not working as expected for APB and was correct to be disabled. Little Orbit is making their own tools to catch cheaters server-side.

Right now Little Orbit is focusing to disable each new cheat that comes out. For that to work, sometimes it's needed to let cheaters feel undetected for a while.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, swft said:

bring back fairfight (or something similar)... We need some sort of banning for blatant cheaters before you actually "catch the cheat"

I'm sure most citadel players can relate, if they've been to asylum or even baylan recently

Certainly understand your frustration, but until BE catches the cheat they'll just reroll and keep cheating, no?

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, swft said:

i just opend a topic + proof from citadel,

@CookiePuss It shouldn't be that hard to use statistics to ban blatant cheaters imo... There's a few morons running rampant since last week or so, they just don't care to look half legit anymore. With fairfight they were at least a little bit scared of getting banned purely by statistics, but now they just hold on until either the bypass or the cheat it self gets flagged...

Edited by swft
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, swft said:

i assume u want the broadcaster to work?

Just now, swft said:

@CookiePuss It shouldn't be that hard to use statistics to ban blatant cheaters imo... There's a few morons running rampant since last week or so, they just don't care to look half legit anymore. With fairfight they were at least a little bit scared of getting banned purely by statistics, but now they just hold on until either the bypass or the cheat it self gets flagged...

Ahhh I see your point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keshi said:

i assume u want the broadcaster to work?

No, not necessarily.

Edited by swft

I miss Jericho, it was playable form EU and not so cheater infested.

• Like 1

Oh sorry meant joker, man I am messing up the names.

• Like 1

i like the idea of a stat based anticheat since (theoretically) it means a cheater is never safe from banning 

it seems like orbit is done with faifight though, hopefully whatever internal anticheat they’re working on is at least similar (and works)

1 hour ago, swft said:

Jericho has a few people running around like that. A team of 2 crims were up against 4 of us Enfs. Both crims were low-rank golds (below R50) while the the Enf's were all R200+ and using VOIP to communicate. They didn't have any character mods, using base STAR's, even had the starter cars.

The first crim went 30-3 against us. The second went 27-5. We only got those kills because me and another Enf switched to Volc/OSMAW and hit them while they were driving. Problem is, these clowns have been running around for the last 2 weeks without so much as a tempban as far as I can tell, even though my group and likely others have reported them as well.

A statistic-based anticheat would work amazing for these blatant cheaters. It could track rotation speed, spread, recoil, kills, everything. If it detects something extraordinary or abnormal, it flags/suspends the account pending review by a higher-up. Doesn't even have to ban them, just temporarily suspend until the account can be looked over.

Edited by NotTheEnforcer
  • Like 3

Daily 'I am silver and got destroyed so everyone must be cheating' thread.

Add it to the pile.

3 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Daily 'I am silver and got destroyed so everyone must be cheating' thread.

Add it to the pile.

ur histerical man, truly a comedian

btw login to citadel ill show u whats up (again)

Just now, swft said:

ur histerical man, truly a comedian

btw login to citadel ill show u whats up (again)

I don't play on citadel. 400ms too much

FF works , the publication of the bans closed .

• Like 1

Hey OP I've just thought of a new title that you could have used on this post, it would go something like "Bring back fairfight (or something similar)" instead of the terrible one you put instead. Let me know if you have trouble thinking of post titles and you need suggestions for better titles in the future, I'm glad to help.

On topic: hackers bad fairfight good

• Like 1

Welp... It was a more populated game with closets.  The guys cheating under LO don't even try to mask their shenanigans... and the pop just drops and drops...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wait did Rebelliousness just complain that there were more people with the closet cheaters here and yet argue on a different thread to get rid of cheaters?

So the cheaters left and they complain either way?

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

Wait did Rebelliousness just complain that there were more people with the closet cheaters here and yet argue on a different thread to get rid of cheaters?

So the cheaters left and they complain either way?

did you even read the whole post?

rhetorical, you obviously didnt 

Im not having problems in this period, i mean.. yes, maybe few situations of strange guys around but not that much.

FF still works under server side but they turned off notifications and the website for stop the toxicity was in there, to many disasters.

16 minutes ago, AlishaAzure1stProfile said:

Im not having problems in this period, i mean.. yes, maybe few situations of strange guys around but not that much.

FF still works under server side but they turned off notifications and the website for stop the toxicity was in there, to many disasters.

orbit announced late last year that they have discontinued the use of fairfight

source