cheyane

Wiping progress

I read some alarming things on steam about resetting or some other method of wiping due to dupes and other problems of a similar nature.

I am new player, I have now spent many, many hours crafting and I don't want to lose the progress. You should not do this to a new player. I understand why it has to be done but I suggest sparing the new players like me.

I understand that there is a lot of work/time going into being a crafter I also have a lot progress I'd hate to lose.  The feeling I got from the future plans is that they are trying to creating/replace the base engine to mitigate/fix the current flaws to get back to a working game.  Everything else is secondary and subject to what that can do to fix the game as it stands.  So, we are in a wait and see kind of time. Yes, frustrating in a time of the internet of instant answers

Many of us do not want to lose months to years of work and collecting. Pretty sure Little Orbit knows that would be detrimental to the game in the long run and i am pretty sure they are trying to work on being able to transfer if they can. But for now all we can do is wait and see.

Hi everyone,

There has been no official announcement that we are wiping progress. I have answered questions on this, and based on where we are there is still a possibility that the new code may end up being incompatible with the old.

We do need to solve adjusting the economy to account for duping issues in the past. It would be a shame to invest this much time and energy only to see a flood of old materials enter the market from some forgotten clan vault.

We will do our best to either (a) preserve progress or (b) reward loyal players with some level of progression / item bonus to help ease the transition.

Thanks,

Matt

• Thanks 3

21 hours ago, Eric Cloud said:

Many of us do not want to lose months to years of work and collecting. Pretty sure Little Orbit knows that would be detrimental to the game in the long run and i am pretty sure they are trying to work on being able to transfer if they can. But for now all we can do is wait and see.

the playerbase is almost non existent if you really want a community and players back you really shouldnt care if you lose your progress if the game goes down for good its gone anyway so i dont see how you can expect that now

• Like 1

I have played for many years off and on mostly OFF and spent enough $ on this game and would never spend Another 1$ on this game if your telling all items I bought with $ will be deleted. You must put down the crack pipe if you think that is fair. All marketplace ITEMS should make the transfer or REFUND all market points and let us spend them on the new server. 

To be honest, i dont need the items i have bought from the Gamersfirst marketplace back then. I spent so much money on other games aswell and did lose a lot of  them at some point, because the items i bought there were temporary and also stopped playing some of my old F2p games,´Combat Arms` was one of them. So if i lose all the items in FE, i would gladly start over. I took the decision to pay money for items, so i would be guilty for it and its not the company´s fault, if they lose your items where you have spent your money for(any good reasons). I have played almost 6k hours on Fallen Earth and i do know all the basics by now, i even know where to obtain every rare item easily. if the new server is online and there would be a wiping progress, i would pay again for the items and i would gladly farm them again aswell. Everyone has their own opinion on this.

Edited by Viscera
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

There has been no official announcement that we are wiping progress. I have answered questions on this, and based on where we are there is still a possibility that the new code may end up being incompatible with the old.

We do need to solve adjusting the economy to account for duping issues in the past. It would be a shame to invest this much time and energy only to see a flood of old materials enter the market from some forgotten clan vault.

We will do our best to either (a) preserve progress or (b) reward loyal players with some level of progression / item bonus to help ease the transition.

Thanks,

Matt

I'd like to keep my stuff (alot of them are from events since gone and Giveways like Gamecoach) would be a shame to lose my Gift from tiggs in the "admin hide n seek event" Vandal key.

11 hours ago, TigerBlood44 said:

I have played for many years off and on mostly OFF and spent enough $ on this game and would never spend Another 1$ on this game if your telling all items I bought with $ will be deleted. You must put down the crack pipe if you think that is fair. All marketplace ITEMS should make the transfer or REFUND all market points and let us spend them on the new server. 

6 hours ago, Zolerox said:

I'd like to keep my stuff (alot of them are from events since gone and Giveways like Gamecoach) would be a shame to lose my Gift from tiggs in the "admin hide n seek event" Vandal key.

your takes are literally the dumbest takes on this matter i have ever seen if the game goes down you lose the items anyway 

when you spend money on a game you know that you will 100% lose it someday because the game goes offline so if you really want to keep your items in your 20-30 players online game that is beyond dumb because why wouldnt you trade the items you have for a new better version of the game with a fresh start and a fresh community 

to make the new thing work they cant give old players an advantage in anyway or it would instantly backfire from new community members that hear about it.

it makes no sense.

you should be happy that littleorbit actually tries to revive this game instead of just shutting that whole thing down because you know they make 0 money out of this or apb right now (atleast apb has some community left) 

2 hours ago, HardStyler3 said:

your takes are literally the dumbest takes on this matter i have ever seen if the game goes down you lose the items anyway 

when you spend money on a game you know that you will 100% lose it someday because the game goes offline so if you really want to keep your items in your 20-30 players online game that is beyond dumb because why wouldnt you trade the items you have for a new better version of the game with a fresh start and a fresh community 

to make the new thing work they cant give old players an advantage in anyway or it would instantly backfire from new community members that hear about it.

it makes no sense.

you should be happy that littleorbit actually tries to revive this game instead of just shutting that whole thing down because you know they make 0 money out of this or apb right now (atleast apb has some community left) 

What the actual Fuack?

I'm talking about shirts from my best friend that died 2 years ago, Fireworks from my first clan and a gun that does "13 damage" that doesn't level and was from Gamecoach and you can't get anymore You act like i'm asking to bring my 3000 mats.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zolerox said:

What the actual Fuack?

I'm talking about shirts from my best friend that died 2 years ago, Fireworks from my first clan and a gun that does "13 damage" that doesn't level and was from Gamecoach and you can't get anymore You act like i'm asking to bring my 3000 mats.

you said event items how should i actually know which items you are talking about if the item doesnt do anything statwise or gives you an advantage its fine

12 hours ago, HardStyler3 said:

it makes no sense.

How is spending $ an advantage? That's all it would be giving us market points 1 for 1 we already spent on game. Dumb patootie how is that an advantage? I could drop $50 in marketplace the first day of new server, talk about stupid look in the mirror. I don't care about all my other stuff I got by crafting or looting.

Or are you saying when the new server opens there will be no market place where players can spend real $ to buy in game items ROFLAU! Fanboy

Edited by TigerBlood44

On 2/8/2019 at 4:52 PM, TigerBlood44 said:

You have it more than fair my friend.  

You are fortunate. Those of you who hold the emotional attachment to your virtual stuff already have the game you want. The new platform and servers are not intended for you. The rest of us have to wait for the game experience we have wanted for years now. I bet if you play nice LO will keep your game running so you can continue to enjoy your nostalgia while the rest of us enjoy the new adventures of the new platform. 

You already have your game. All the rest of us have is hope for the future. 

2 hours ago, ShadowJack said:

You have it more than fair my friend.  

You are fortunate. Those of you who hold the emotional attachment to your virtual stuff already have the game you want. The new platform and servers are not intended for you. The rest of us have to wait for the game experience we have wanted for years now. I bet if you play nice LO will keep your game running so you can continue to enjoy your nostalgia while the rest of us enjoy the new adventures of the new platform. 

You already have your game. All the rest of us have is hope for the future. 

I have not played this game in years and will not play it again the "old server".  I have moved on and have spent my time and $ on games that are worthwhile and FE lost that so long ago.  I will not spend my time or $ on a game that failed badly. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. I hope they make many improvements to the graphics or this game won't stand a chance, I hope you fanboy's spend enough $ so they break even. If " The Repopulation " game gets there shit together before this one good luck your're gonna need it.

Edited by TigerBlood44

13 hours ago, TigerBlood44 said:

I have not played this game in years and will not play it again the "old server".  I have moved on and have spent my time and $ on games that are worthwhile and FE lost that so long ago.  I will not spend my time or $ on a game that failed badly. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. I hope they make many improvements to the graphics or this game won't stand a chance, I hope you fanboy's spend enough $ so they break even. If " The Repopulation " game gets there shit together before this one good luck your're gonna need it.

Awesome, one should never spend their hard earned coin on things that are not worth their while.

Your above post makes the post i replied to make absolutely no sense. 

Bottom line is it's up to them I stopped playing way before the "stacking was disabled" and because a lot of people were duping and i know i got my stuff legitimately, but that's simply not the case for every single person. 

I was part of a small size crafting and harvesting clan ( a peaceful people pvp wasn't our strong suit) the last thing i did before i stopped playing was get my First yellow chip. Would have been quicker if i wasn't such a slot machine gambling nut.

I just want to keep my personal items (alot of which aren't tradable anyway) which even if they were worth alot (fireworks with 2 blue chips pfft) I would never sell them , I'm quite a sentimental person most of what i have hold's a memory either of a good friend that past away or even of the person that showed me the game in the first place that Got drafted into the army and haven't seen them since.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShadowJack said:

Awesome, one should never spend their hard earned coin on things that are not worth their while.

Your above post makes the post i replied to make absolutely no sense. 

21 hours ago, TigerBlood44 said:

How is spending $ an advantage? That's all it would be giving us market points 1 for 1 we already spent on game. Dumb patootie how is that an advantage? I could drop $50 in marketplace the first day of new server, talk about stupid look in the mirror. I don't care about all my other stuff I got by crafting or looting.

Or are you saying when the new server opens there will be no market place where players can spend real $ to buy in game items ROFLAU! Fanboy

So you comment on every post i make but this one? hmmmmm

26 minutes ago, TigerBlood44 said:

So you comment on every post i make but this one? hmmmmm

I didn't find it necessary.  Since you have made the request i shall indulge. That was a request right? 

I am not 100% sure i get your drift here. I think what you are saying is you feel entitled to credit in the new version of the game for coin spent in the current version.  

That said i continue ...

Truth is none of us are entitled to anything in the new version. LO may choose to grant veteran players some sort of a token of appreciation but we certainly are not entitle to it. Hopefully you received your moneys worth of enjoyment from the coin spent. If not, well, sometimes things don't turn out how we hope. When (if) the new version comes out we will either choose to try it or not. If we find it entertaining enough we may then choose to spend new coin on new shiny virtual things. Those new things also will not come with any lasting guarantee or entitlement. Such is the reality of virtual stuff. 

Did i catch your drift or go off in the ditch?

30 minutes ago, ShadowJack said:

I didn't find it necessary.  Since you have made the request i shall indulge. That was a request right? 

I am not 100% sure i get your drift here. I think what you are saying is you feel entitled to credit in the new version of the game for coin spent in the current version.  

That said i continue ...

Truth is none of us are entitled to anything in the new version. LO may choose to grant veteran players some sort of a token of appreciation but we certainly are not entitle to it. Hopefully you received your moneys worth of enjoyment from the coin spent. If not, well, sometimes things don't turn out how we hope. When (if) the new version comes out we will either choose to try it or not. If we find it entertaining enough we may then choose to spend new coin on new shiny virtual things. Those new things also will not come with any lasting guarantee or entitlement. Such is the reality of virtual stuff. 

Did i catch your drift or go off in the ditch?

Unless he makes many improvements from the old game like changing rare item spawn points also "spawning rare's in pvp zones must go" so you fanboy's who know where every good spawn point was would have a huge advantage. Also make sure its not P2W. The market place has more than just cosmetics so good luck with that.  Do not force  PVP PERIOD! This game was good enough as a pve game.  We all know fanboy vets would make a clan and just dominate over the new players a "Russian" tactic in a lot of pvp games.  Also he needs to let them know "the players on steam not on this NEW server coming" will LOSE everything. Good luck keeping those players so OVERALL good luck your're gonna need it.

1 hour ago, TigerBlood44 said:

Unless he makes many improvements from the old game like changing rare item spawn points also "spawning rare's in pvp zones must go" so you fanboy's who know where every good spawn point was would have a huge advantage. Also make sure its not P2W. The market place has more than just cosmetics so good luck with that.  Do not force  PVP PERIOD! This game was good enough as a pve game.  We all know fanboy vets would make a clan and just dominate over the new players a "Russian" tactic in a lot of pvp games.  Also he needs to let them know "the players on steam not on this NEW server coming" will LOSE everything. Good luck keeping those players so OVERALL good luck your're gonna need it.

There is no "unless" to what i said.

You are now going down the path of game play preference. I would never tell anyone what to prefer. We all want the game we want. One is just as valid as the other. They set the sandbox rules, we decide if we want to play in it or not. For me, in a PVE game it matters not what a more experienced player knows. The discovery is a major part of the game. As for PVP i don't participate in the mosh pit style that FE has been, likely will be. I do enjoy the thrill of trying to avoid PVP while going about PVE activities in PVP zones however. If i get caught, i am dead. I generally wont even fight back. Since there is no penalty in death (wear and tear on gear aside) the quicker the better. 

There is no point in updating the game without improvements and new content. If the game is just a retread with prettier things it probably wont go far with the old timers. Trion tried that with Defiance and failed miserably. Mainly because the update had less content and changed game play for the worse for much of the player base. They are not attracting new players as the original is actually better. There are way to many options out there for me to spend time and effort trying to make a game into something it isn't. I either enjoy my time playing  or i find something better to do. 

Me personally, i just do not feel like starting over to work through the same game. An actual FE2 sure, but not the same game.

6 hours ago, Eric Cloud said:

Me personally, i just do not feel like starting over to work through the same game. An actual FE2 sure, but not the same game.

I wouldn't mind, since the current game has always been very buggy and glitchy with terrible NPC AI.

So if they could lift the entire game to a new game engine (preferably Unreal Engine 4 and not Unity. Hope that is just an intermediate stage), fix the most annoying bugs and glitches and improve the NPC AI.

Then I would replay the game in a heartbeat!   I just started over on a new char in the current game (since I have been away for so long) and the game just a lot of charm still and that pull to it.

I just hate the F2P changes and restrictions Gamersfirst has put in the game, incuding these stupid gambling (loot) boxes.  Hope these P2W stuff will be removed from the new version.

On 2/11/2019 at 4:22 AM, Jeronan said:

I wouldn't mind, since the current game has always been very buggy and glitchy with terrible NPC AI.

So if they could lift the entire game to a new game engine (preferably Unreal Engine 4 and not Unity. Hope that is just an intermediate stage), fix the most annoying bugs and glitches and improve the NPC AI.

Then I would replay the game in a heartbeat!   I just started over on a new char in the current game (since I have been away for so long) and the game just a lot of charm still and that pull to it.

I just hate the F2P changes and restrictions Gamersfirst has put in the game, incuding these stupid gambling (loot) boxes.  Hope these P2W stuff will be removed from the new version.

Loot boxes are far from pay 2 win, pay 2 look pretty maybe but not pay 2 win. You don't get end game GT suits or AP weapons from any loot boxes, THAT would be pay to win.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The game has infinite duplicate objects and probably well hidden.

The cleaning is hard but it is necessary to say what anyone says, if you want the game to have a glimpse of being able to progress and be profitable.

there is no other option, look where you look. The only thing to leave the old server for those who want to play with a broken economy and cheetah.

If something new comes, I repeat, it must be new in every way and have the stamp of this company so professional and worthwhile, although there are times that I think they go blind in some elections.

On 2/10/2019 at 8:16 PM, Eric Cloud said:

This game needs a sequel not a reboot

• Like 1