MattScott

Posting progress on Twitter #ThisOldGame

Hi all,

Rather than clutter up the forums with random posts, I'll be putting up progress shots on my twitter feed (@mattpscott) using the tag #ThisOldGame. Lately I've been bouncing back and forth between finishing the art import and starting some of the backend server programming. This test was slightly tricky because the raw data is Z-Up and rotations are in angle tenths for Yaw, Pitch, and Roll. I had to experiment a bit to get things to line up properly. Dynamic lights are all temporary values, so they don't match the actual game. I tried to line up the camera angle as best as I could for the comparison.

Here are the latest test shots of Boneclaw.

boneclaw-old.png

boneclaw-new.png

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6

Hi there,

It’s still early days, but right now we are using Unity to visualize the reconstructed art assets.

Thanks,

Matt

Could you maybe post updates to this thread too please?  Not all of us are a fan of censorship Social media.  I dont do twitter personally, but I have enjoyed this mmorpg for years, and want to know whats coming, but not at the cost of giving twitter my info to sell.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, APB2012 said:

Could you maybe post updates to this thread too please?  Not all of us are a fan of censorship Social media.  I dont do twitter personally, but I have enjoyed this mmorpg for years, and want to know whats coming, but not at the cost of giving twitter my info to sell.

Big pharma already knows who you are

On 4/3/2019 at 4:40 PM, StubbyClaps said:

Big pharma already knows who you are

That is fine, I just dont do social media.  No twitter, no facebook, no myspace.  So I dont get all those spammy emails, but I also miss out on alot of updates.  Small price to stay off the social media grid.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Posted to Twitter today:

any screenshots of Embry crossroads anytime soon?

On 4/3/2019 at 4:57 PM, APB2012 said:

don't even want to go there - but what in your opinion is really getting censored there?

btt: actually excited about the rework of fallen earth too, i've always wanted to try but felt like it was quite dead anyway... maybe this'll change.

Edited by neophobia

On 4/6/2019 at 6:54 PM, neophobia said:

don't even want to go there - but what in your opinion is really getting censored there?

btt: actually excited about the rework of fallen earth too, i've always wanted to try but felt like it was quite dead anyway... maybe this'll change.

This is not the thread for that, shoot me a pm if you like and Ill be happy to address any questions.

Thank you in advance to the devs for any updates you post here.

Hi all,

This post went up today.

It's been a while since I posted engine update progress for @FallenEarth. One big blocker has been figuring out the animation structure and porting them over to match the new characters and creatures. Looks like we have that solved now. #ThisOldGame

fe-female-walkcycle.gif

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

-snip-

fe-female-walkcycle.gif

Good job y'all! Looks good.

Thanks for the hard work so the game can... stay alive.

Edited by Skippicaa
Pun

On 5/8/2019 at 6:46 PM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

This post went up today.

It's been a while since I posted engine update progress for @FallenEarth. One big blocker has been figuring out the animation structure and porting them over to match the new characters and creatures. Looks like we have that solved now. #ThisOldGame

fe-female-walkcycle.gif

Thanks,
Matt

looks like Cel shading,  i love it

Can the little ladies finally get some proper undies? A bit of string is not helpful in the apocalypse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/12/2019 at 12:47 AM, Dracio said:

Can the little ladies finally get some proper undies? A bit of string is not helpful in the apocalypse.

the mass majority of gamers are still guys, marketing has proven dental floss is a more profitable selling point than properly armored clothing for women,  🤑

On 6/9/2019 at 11:05 PM, APB2012 said:

the mass majority of gamers are still guys, marketing has proven dental floss is a more profitable selling point than properly armored clothing for women,  🤑

Maybe you didn't get the memo but there isn't much of a difference between the figures of male/female gamers. You might be surprised to learn a lot of female gamers pretend to be males because they hate the sexism online. So when nearly half of your players are female it doesn't make sense to sell dental floss. We want our characters to look sexy, tough, empowering,  like a fluffy bunny if that's what you are into. Not like they are only on show for perverts (well most of us want that, there are exceptions).

Plus we are not talking armor just underwear that btw we don't buy. Games with better customization have full cover panties but huge range of clothing that doesn't look anything like armor. There is huge choice in how you dress your character, unlike FE. Got to admit we are pretty limited in this game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well if the devs are going to devote their limited time to the topic of butt floss they also need to add in other female options.

Hairy armpits, hairy legs and unkempt bushes.  Done to please the feminist gamers and get rid of the perverts.  😉 Sadly you say "pervert" like it's a bad thing. 😉  

Yes, clothing options both male and female are limited.  

I would rather they work on game performance, duping, etc than taking time to satisfy the wants of a few individuals.  

On 4/3/2019 at 7:57 AM, APB2012 said:

I agree with this. I don't use social media either. For me, nothing replaces this forum.

• Thanks 1

Nah they got a whole team of hamsters to keep the servers running and a fish doing the dev stuff

Feminist everywhere... Reminder as males full of testosterone we were forced to play a small girl with pink pistols 😆

Doing something on Hitbox is probably most important in phase of coding (sames for males and females like APB).

I guess skin/outfit is not their main focus atm and will be added in the futur (cosmetics on the marketplace is always a good thing).

First, we need a game playable, attractive, balanced and secured.

On 6/15/2019 at 6:12 PM, Sang said:

As a female gamer who more often then not, plays a female character....

I am quite content with butt-floss underwear on my toons lovely shaped tush tyvm.

I would rather do without the more realistic apocalyptic appearance of ripped stained granny panties, hairy pits and legs if you don't mind. 

That has absolutely nothing to do with being a feminist because my kids are grown and I am no ones damn sammich maker and beer fetcher. 

If I want to look at a grubby looking character I will create one or better yet.. just go outside and take a walk down the street,  

This is why you are our lovely FE granny 💋

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Game has been in decline ever since. I have not seen any announcement by LO since quite a few weeks. If not already a month now. 

Pony up pardner, this thread done got high-jacked.

An update would be nice though. @MattScott

Edited by Skippicaa
  • Thanks 1

Gotta ❤️ the censorship on this forum.

If it wasn't for some people quoting others you would never know it was happening.

On 6/18/2019 at 9:10 AM, MoistMeterBtw said:

Game has been in decline ever since. I have not seen any announcement by LO since quite a few weeks. If not already a month now. 

So I guess the announcement you are after has been the deletion of yet more stuff that was pretty tame from these forums 🤣