So, I have been a play a long time now on and off since before gore was introduced and came back at the news of the new owners. After reading the forums a bit and talking with some players ingame it seems that players who have spent the most time and money on this see no good end for them. Multiple alts with so many chips and real money invested, hours of gameplay they see as wasted. Most seem content with just leaving and never coming back out of frustration. I mean, I get it, they are entitled to their opinion but its really sad to me. So I thought I'd share an idea I had; giving two options for transitioning to the new FE. The first would be as simple as starting over with maximum cosmetics and other bonuses, which is the going idea and what frustrates some. Another option would be to find a way to covert the old games currency to the new game, if it changes or not, based on how wealthy the old character was. I have no idea ow that would work but it simply came to me, let them retain some wealth and maybe even a boast by providing starting AP after transition. Another option would be one that alot of old MMOs have done, set up another server dedicated to the old FE and call it FE Classic. This is more based off the idea that it will be "Fallen Earth 2".

To me it still would not give me the desire to play with everything being wiped, it's not about the chips, time i spent or whatever. I have no desire to grind levels, maxing all my crafting, or getting DT again to rebuild weapons. Plus i have many items that are special to me that were made by certain friends that are long gone and doubt i will ever see again. also have tons of crafting materials, serendipity items and other items that if gone will only make me want to uninstall and move on from FE. Sure if it was an actual new game it would not matter, but going through all the same stuff again after losing years of stuff just seems pointless. Cosmetics and chips are just pointless to me.

• Like 3

Imagine going to Mars for the sake of mankind (assuming Mars is indeed better), except you leave your home, friends, family, clothing, money, and all the luxuries behind. 

Hi all,

I think we are way too early to assume that everyone is going to have to start over. As I have said in other discussions, we will do everything we can to help players migrate to the new version. I also agree that we would have to do a lot more than upgrade art to warrant that level of reinvestment. The goal of the rewrite is to get a new version in place ahead of the day when the code will literally stop working on modern day systems.

My only real concern for bringing across progress, items, and chips is eliminating progress/items from those players who abused the duping issue. We don't want to immediately start off with a messed up economy.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Limit chips to 10y. Can't hold more than max amount of chips, can't expect to have the economy currently in game. You can't see past 9y99r99b99w anyway so just cap it.

Not ideal but would stop those that have dupped chips from being the wealthy few ruining the game economy.

6 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

I think we are way too early to assume that everyone is going to have to start over. As I have said in other discussions, we will do everything we can to help players migrate to the new version. I also agree that we would have to do a lot more than upgrade art to warrant that level of reinvestment. The goal of the rewrite is to get a new version in place ahead of the day when the code will literally stop working on modern day systems.

My only real concern for bringing across progress, items, and chips is eliminating progress/items from those players who abused the duping issue. We don't want to immediately start off with a messed up economy.

Thanks,
Matt

What about people like me who haven't logged in for years, never duped either (do know nor want too)

1 hour ago, Dracio said:

Limit chips to 10y. Can't hold more than max amount of chips, can't expect to have the economy currently in game. You can't see past 9y99r99b99w anyway so just cap it.

Not ideal but would stop those that have dupped chips from being the wealthy few ruining the game economy.

Agree, keep the chip limit to 10y (If you have more chips, you would be able to put them in your clan vaults anyways or maybe in the future in your own private vaults aswell.), and if it possible keep all the attuned items (items that can't be traded) and everything else could be removed , for example : Mats, consumables, tradeable (equipments), Parts,  etc

Edited by Viscera
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,
Matt

For me, and this is my opinion I speak for no one else, the simple fact that you state the game needs more than a new coat of paint puts you leagues ahead of any game company that has tried to work on anything in the last three years. The endless list of failure would take forever at the games but the reason is simple every time; they REFUSE to listen to the fan base. If this actually goes further than talk is to be seen but I know I am hopeful, especially with you guys trying to not just make one group happy but as many as you can. Some will leave and that is a fact, it cant be helped. I will be sticking around and getting a sub to help support this.

• Like 1

There is an underlying issue with the FE economy even without duped items/chips.  Harvesters (rothium ones in particular) are currently a chip "faucet" dumping massive amounts of chips into the economy, but there is no "sink" to get them out of the economy.  Everyone would hit 10y in a matter of days or weeks.  Games such as Eve or WoW have systems where you can pay your sub with the tradable currency as a way to provide a chip sink.   Dark Age of Camelot has a housing system where you pay rent to keep your house up.

WoW essentially "resets" a portion of the economy each expansion by introducing untradable currencies for whatever new factions/areas/systems are added,  Tradable currency is used mainly for consumables, cosmetics, toys, vanity mounts, etc.  This forces players to earn their top-tier gear upgrades through gameplay instead of using tradable currency.  This started happening in FE near the end of active development (Dome tokens and Progress Towns) but was poorly implemented since only certain builds are viable for Dome and waiting around for Progress Towns is pretty unengaging. 

FE  has always been crafting-focused, so I think craftable items should still be tradable, but they maybe shouldn't be the top-level gear....basically stuff to hold you over while you earn the better stuff through (preferably fun) gameplay.  I also like the idea of being able to earn the parts for the top-level stuff through gameplay and then having a high-level crafter actually assemble the item using an interface between the two players - the person who has the items could drop them in a window and the crafter could press an Assemble button to craft the item.

• Like 1

Sincerely and seeing the state in an "objective" way, it can be said that the population (veteran or not) is insignificant. That said, LO does not have to satisfy 20 people who play the game if they are going to make a new game with the tools of an old game (although it seems to me a lot that they keep the purchases legitimately made in marketplace).

While there are people who have thousands of objects or if they have objects given by other players who do not play or things that can not be achieved, given that they were specific events on a date ... to all of them I say that the stage of the old company G1 is over. I would like the game to be like in 2012 until 2014, an addictive and fun game, and I trust that the new company makes enough merits to make it that way. 

Those who follow the forum crying for the "oh great loss", do nothing but harm the game and the company.

edit: https://steamcharts.com/app/113420

Edited by Aroa Croft
edit for show steam charts

22 hours ago, MattScott said:

If you have a list, ban them 😮

On 1/10/2019 at 8:03 PM, Eric Cloud said:

To me it still would not give me the desire to play with everything being wiped, it's not about the chips, time i spent or whatever. I have no desire to grind levels, maxing all my crafting, or getting DT again to rebuild weapons. Plus i have many items that are special to me that were made by certain friends that are long gone and doubt i will ever see again. also have tons of crafting materials, serendipity items and other items that if gone will only make me want to uninstall and move on from FE. Sure if it was an actual new game it would not matter, but going through all the same stuff again after losing years of stuff just seems pointless. Cosmetics and chips are just pointless to me.

Almost my sentiments

I'd hate to loose many thing I've traded for and collected...

True, I haven't logged in some time but even now I remember my Flame Jacket painted yellow with blue flames with matching hat and pants..

I still remember spending nearly a year wandering for a second Pork Blaster... not to actually use... just to have a set... got the first from a box you see

I remember when 55s were not nerfed in lessor PvP zones.. those were hard times for crafters like me...  got easier chips from reselling from vendors, though it was boring

Then standard botanical chems became my thing before the farms.. endless hours I spent grinding those... farming didn't really kill me off it was the Dome.. some of you old crafters understand.... I moved to tents and tent parts not that PvPers that bought them lasted much longer....

I was there my clan fractured and all but died, but that's a story for a different time...

5+ years and 7 toons.. what do you really do that you haven't done already?...  No, I didn't spend a whole lot of money on it.... mostly just to get that crafting kit for my first toon.... everything else I traded for in game.... Well, lots grinding, crafting, trading to get what I have

Hopefully, I don't need to tell you of the things that brought FE down to this state but I was never apart of it.. to lose everything because of it..

Well, to kill a cancer some things you don't intend to die, will.

To Ted, Gleip, and Kat maybe we should raise a sour beer to fading memories for old times sake

You know, as Sharkdog was talking about with the currency was interesting and the idea of factions not being as important anymore is another major issue. Maybe there is a way to help both issues. Make the currency system split, no more chips, instead there are three different currencies that tie to two factions each in their territory. You can use other factions currency in the wrong territory but at a severe mark up. Some RP elements and a helpful fix for the chip problem, split an old toons chips into the three types of currencies. The items that are special to players however is going to be a coding issue.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 4:41 AM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,
Matt

Wouldnt mind to start over on level 1, but I would like to keep what I have bought over the years.
😄