Sign in to follow this  
EnriquexD

Any ping guru? xD

Welp, today i was searching why my ping is so high 180-250ms. I'm from Venezuela, its not too far from Mexico, even it's closer to USA than Brasil, i have a friend from Colombia that is really close to my country, he plays with 60-80ms and that make me wonder about my ping.. I remember when i started playing APB in 2014 my ping was something like 100ms i'm not sure. 

So i tried doing a tracert https://support.gamersfirst.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003329912-My-Latency-is-really-high- 

First it show it's going to Colombia, then to Netherlands (wtf?) and finally reach USA where is located the server (Dallas 138.128.136.106), so i figured why i have the same ping in Jericho and Citadel (just joined here to see the player base and there a lot of players compared to Jericho).

Why my packet is going to Europa? (Netherlands)..

Is there a way to fix this? In others games i use a program called "WTFast" that choose the best route from where you live and the server you want to play... This program or similars don't work with APB, i can log in, but when joining in Districts it's a infinite loadscreen. 

i wonder if battleye is possibly your issue?

have you contacted WTFast about this directly? they might be able to look at some debug log for you and determine what is causing this.

1 hour ago, EnriquexD said:

-snip-

I have a 300ms ping and i play from asia on the EU server.

I have tried almost every permutation and combination to lower my ping. Tried vpn's, port forwarding, leatrix latency fix, pingzapper,wtfast etc.

There are a few reasons to spike your ping.

- outdated router drivers.

- Stop using wireless adapter, if you have a worse ping. Use an ethernet cable. It really helps. Get a quality ethernet cable and use it.

- if your distance to the server is low bt your ping is high, get a vpn. Use tunnelbear/purevpn/windscribe. Dont use WTFast it disconnects halfway.

- port forward your router to the ip address of the game. Watch a yt tutorial.

- Stop downloading Pron (PG-13)

DM me if u need further assistance.

Edited by Defibrillator
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sundere said:

es culpa de maduro probablemente

Uff, no lo dudo. jajaj! 😥

4 hours ago, Defibrillator said:

I have a 300ms ping and i play from asia on the EU server.

I have tried almost every permutation and combination to lower my ping. Tried vpn's, port forwarding, leatrix latency fix, pingzapper,wtfast etc.

There are a few reasons to spike your ping.

- outdated router drivers.

- Stop using wireless adapter, if you have a worse ping. Use an ethernet cable. It really helps. Get a quality ethernet cable and use it.

- if your distance to the server is low bt your ping is high, get a vpn. Use tunnelbear/purevpn/windscribe. Dont use WTFast it disconnects halfway.

- port forward your router to the ip address of the game. Watch a yt tutorial.

- Stop downloading Pron (PG-13)

DM me if u need further assistance.

I don't use WiFi, only ethernet cable.

Hmm haven't tried with other vpn's (only Hotspot Shield and it failed).

Hmm, need to take a look for port forward.. i know you can do something like this in the windows firewall.

Downloading 100% sure is not the problem.

edit: i liked your signature message. 🙂

Edited by EnriquexD

I am from Colombia and I also have high ping problems. a moment ago I did a ping test from admin command prompt (cmd) with the following command: ping -t 67.212.229.5 and my average ping is 130 ms.   The ip address with which I made the test corresponds to the server Financial 3 (bronze). try to execute the same command to detect or rule out any failure of your internet connection

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Just move closer to the server.

GG EZ.

The sad thing is the previous Prime Minister of Australia literally said that. If you want good internet just move.

• Thanks 1

recently LO faced in with a new kind of DDoS attacks . they're trying to rectify the situation .

their work is perfect and flawless .

Edited by Yood
  • Thanks 1

Contact support and your ISP. G1 or your ISP is routing traffic to the wrong location. You could try using a US based VPN as a temporary workaround until the issue gets resolved, although this may not work since WTFast does not work in your case.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

14 hours ago, EnriquexD said:

Uff, no lo dudo. jajaj! 😥

I don't use WiFi, only ethernet cable.

Hmm haven't tried with other vpn's (only Hotspot Shield and it failed).

Hmm, need to take a look for port forward.. i know you can do something like this in the windows firewall.

Downloading 100% sure is not the problem.

edit: i liked your signature message. 🙂

use mudfish, by far the best and cheapest vpn i've ever used, i have the same issue as yours, my ISP routes me through really bad routes that cause high latency, so i bypass that by using mudfish, it gives you wide variety of routes to connect to and pretty stable latency.

btw it's paid but it pays you for bandwidth not a subscription based vpn, and since gaming doesn't consume alot of bandwidth it's sooo cheap, i paid 5 bucks and i've been using it for a year or something.

Edited by PayTM

18 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

The sad thing is the previous Prime Minister of Australia literally said that. If you want good internet just move.

You ever just speed test your internet to flex on Aussie n.. mates

6 hours ago, Archon said:

You ever just speed test your internet to flex on Aussie n.. mates

I'm at 115 down so I'm lucky. Shrug.

On 1/11/2019 at 2:37 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Come hop over the lake to kiwi land, we have gigabit to the home over here.

16 minutes ago, Lewdberry said:

Come hop over the lake to kiwi land, we have gigabit to the home over here.

Yeah but that means I would have to be around sheep shaggers with a terrible accent 24/7.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

On 1/10/2019 at 5:43 PM, EnriquexD said:

-snip-

Sadly there isn't much you can do, if a route is chosen you can't actively select another one. It just decides the path on it's own, outside of your control.

The only ways to improve ping/latency is by:
- Quality cable, CAT5e or above. If it's more than 3-5 years old, or looks discolored I would advise just buy a new one, aren't expensive at all.

- Eliminate as much devices in between your ISP and your PC. (You can't change the outside cables though)

- A better router like the Ubiquiti router's which aren't expensive. (EdgeRouter X is actually great)

- A dedicated network card in the PCIe slot can help reduce load on the CPU and have a dedicated device to handle the packets.

- You can try and setup SQM, which can help bufferbloat and/or makes packets fair use. Meaning that if someone is downloading within your network your ping/latency will spike like mad. More info in the youtube link below. Test this on DSLreports.com/speedtest

Other things you just can't control. The only real option here is the ones I described above and where I had the most succes with is the SQM setup within the Ubiquiti edgerouter. This helped my packets/latency always stay stable whatever is going on within the network.

More on Bufferbloat:

Woah, before this post i was playing with 180-250ms.. Now before changing some options in my router, now i have 75-120ms!. 😭

This is beatiful but i need now, practice with this ping lol everything goes so smooth, driving and shooting is so different. 😀

Sign in to follow this