Sign in to follow this  
VickyFox

Account wide as standard

After so many years of being on APB I still find myself asking "Why am I only getting about a 3rd of the purchases I have of my main account when I make a new character".

While some guns, skins and gear could be sold individually, My gripe is with bundles and packs.

The most expensive packs are bumbles with vehicles and clothing but the lack of ability to upgrade from Character bound to Account wide feels... somewhat of a rip off and deceptive to someone who is new.

I know it's been suggested before but at the prices for some packs/bundles being so high.

By default, items are character bound but then there are some items Growl kits with separate Account wide and Character bound versions on Armas which only causes confusion as to what everything else would be.

Prices may be arguable but Armas can be confusing and may seem deceptive and poor value for money still even after all the work done so far.

I suspect some of what I said has already been considered for the Armas revamp later, but I just had to get this off my mind because having more than 1 Enf on different servers and paying again for what I've already paid for feels a ridiculous when I can't upgrade to account wide on some vehicle and clothing kits and mixed bundles.

Edited by VickyFox
  • Like 1

everything should have options for account bound and character bound, hopefully this is something that happens in one of the armas overhaul phases

Personally, I would love everything (or most items) on Armas to be accountbound, but I understand (or just get the feeling) that it may not be profitable, since there's no incentive for players to spend money again that way. Still better than x-day leases though ('cause c'mon, I'm not going to spend so much cash on something that will expire in x days regardless of whether I'm actually in the game or not) - in the case of weapons, they should all be sold as characterbound and accountbound.

I think that a nice alternative could be, for example, a 50% discount on characterbound items already owned by the account. Buying things for 3 characters would, in a way, turn into a "pay for 2, get 3" kind of deal.

• Like 2

I think making the in-game cash account wide is actually also really important. Since you can "bypass" it with a 2nd account anyways. 

Oh and we should be able to edit certain items like symbols, clothing and themes with each account's character.

Well, i would love to see this too but probably idk, maybe it can't work like that.

Like Mikarity said above this comment we should be able to edit certain items that we send to our personal characters.

If it was account bound I would of been buying some of these

But at those prices for the bundles and for each new character is just not possible for most people

On 1/10/2019 at 9:05 AM, Mikarity said:

I think making the in-game cash account wide is actually also really important. Since you can "bypass" it with a 2nd account anyways. 

Oh and we should be able to edit certain items like symbols, clothing and themes with each account's character.

An account wide locker/bank would be great but bare in mind that you're mixing money from criminals and enforcers so I'm not so sure if that would be a good idea.

As much as I agree and would like to see this, It's the same issue and actually may be the same reason why Characters can't migrate from server to server.

Cross server player made content may become corrupted or fragmented during transition.

Even if a independent server was made just for account wide content holding, that's an extra layer which is another potential point of content transition errors occurring.

4 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

If it was account bound I would of been buying some of these

But at those prices for the bundles and for each new character is just not possible for most people

Pretty much my sentiment exact. I have 2 enforcers and 1 criminal and may get another criminal.

The cost of Armas is NOT the problem. The problem is that some content which cost higher are character bound and not given an option for account wide. This come across as being deceptive in the eyes of some.

While some people may want a middle price just to have an item for a single character but why do some packs and bundles not come in account wide versions???

As much as I want to speak highly of Little Orbit, this is really not consumer friendly feeling.

On 1/16/2019 at 4:26 AM, VickyFox said:

Pretty much my sentiment exact. I have 2 enforcers and 1 criminal and may get another criminal.

The cost of Armas is NOT the problem. The problem is that some content which cost higher are character bound and not given an option for account wide. This come across as being deceptive in the eyes of some.

While some people may want a middle price just to have an item for a single character but why do some packs and bundles not come in account wide versions???

As much as I want to speak highly of Little Orbit, this is really not consumer friendly feeling.

someone said they have around 11 characters or more.

In this manner buying these packs for each individual char adds up quick

armas prices in itself I  don't have an opinion on at this time.

11 chars having to buy the same pack is a bit much cash wise though which is what i was referring to.

definitely need an account bound option and I know id be buying them but not as it is right now it would cost me too much money.