9 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

not all armas weapons are reskins but what i meant was that there will always be weapon balance threads, because there will always be a different opinion on weapon balance

saying that theres less cheaters than someone thinks isnt the same as saying theres no cheaters, of course if someone thinks beyond a doubt that theres x amount of cheaters then any reason/excuse just sounds like a cover for said cheaters, not much to be done about that

Yea... some real problems for this game to tackle. 7 years and counting. I guess people will complain regardless. Its all subjective.

1 minute ago, Kanav said:

Yea... some real problems for this game to tackle. 7 years and counting. I guess people will complain regardless. Its all subjective.

agreed, altho now that apb's under new ownership it looks like things are starting to move forward

remains to be seen whether its too late or not

the only time the game gets a borderline p2w touch is when you play such a low time that you cannot afford the rebuy of  like 3 10day weapon leases. In that case one really has an issue with keeping up on equal equip.

something freemiums also don't get is the CD on some mods. But they have a minor impact on missions, yet LO should just change that to not be the case anymore. They should give everyone the premium CD timer (because driving is more fun when you can turbo more often :P).

• Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 7:29 AM, Yood said:

liaison weapons and Armas weapons are different . 

I'm going to quote myself: "Almost every weapon in the armas marketplace is a reskin of an already existing weapon that you can buy for 10 days lease. And those who aren't reskins are not even that good and can be countered by other free weapons."

with that being said, your point is only half true.

Ok. So now I played a bit again like 10h or so. My P2W attitude stands. Buying an ARMAS weapon with full slotted top tier mods vs grinding to get "close to that" is P2W. I can even justify premium "subscription". You know what would be better? If premium was tradeable, no weapons or mods, or cars were purchasable, only skins. It's funny how everyone who has ever bough weapons for real money in this game says "it's not P2W, git gud and you can win". It's simply not enjoyable for anyone who wants to play without giving in the to the BUY YOUR WAY TO THE TOP mentality. I'm not even butthurt since I won alot of missions etc. 

Regarding cheaters. This time around I didn't notice any so that point is now moot.

Bugs. Meh I can live with the existing bugs I encountered.

Matchmaking is still bad. I got in a mission with bronze guys when I was silver and matched against 200 R gold and silver etc.

Honestly the game needs alot more than an engine update from UE 3 to 3.5. At this point I would be way happier if they worked on APB 2 or something.

Ideally for me with no particular order:

1) No buying any type of upgrades that gives you an advantage over other players. ib4 "you can get the same items by grinding"... I need to be playing for weeks+ to get something that someone buys from the store and gives him an advantage even if we started playing the same day.

2) Focus a bit on lore. Voice act some stuff and make people connect with the NPC and "the cause"

3) Update Graphics along with the Engine

4) MAYBE add a bit of PVE.

5) Fix matchmaking

6) Add more hitboxes for more damage and generally rework combat. I got used to it while playing but Shooting someone with a sniper to the head should get me a kill. not 2 shots on the pinky from a sniper = a kill.

I know most people are going to be like. NO. GTFO etc. and I'm fine with that. It's not that the game would change even if everyone agreed. I'm just basically concluding my own thread and thoughts on the game. There IS something here. But if the current state of APB doesn't change the game will remain low activity.

5 minutes ago, WaitingUntilTrueF2P said:

Ok. So now I played a bit again like 10h or so. My P2W attitude stands. Buying an ARMAS weapon with full slotted top tier mods vs grinding to get "close to that" is P2W. I can even justify premium "subscription". You know what would be better? If premium was tradeable, no weapons or mods, or cars were purchasable, only skins. It's funny how everyone who has ever bough weapons for real money in this game says "it's not P2W, git gud and you can win". It's simply not enjoyable for anyone who wants to play without giving in the to the BUY YOUR WAY TO THE TOP mentality. I'm not even butthurt since I won alot of missions etc. 

Regarding cheaters. This time around I didn't notice any so that point is now moot.

Bugs. Meh I can live with the existing bugs I encountered.

Matchmaking is still bad. I got in a mission with bronze guys when I was silver and matched against 200 R gold and silver etc.

Honestly the game needs alot more than an engine update from UE 3 to 3.5. At this point I would be way happier if they worked on APB 2 or something.

Ideally for me with no particular order:

1) No buying any type of upgrades that gives you an advantage over other players. ib4 "you can get the same items by grinding"... I need to be playing for weeks+ to get something that someone buys from the store and gives him an advantage even if we started playing the same day.

2) Focus a bit on lore. Voice act some stuff and make people connect with the NPC and "the cause"

3) Update Graphics along with the Engine

4) MAYBE add a bit of PVE.

5) Fix matchmaking

6) Add more hitboxes for more damage and generally rework combat. I got used to it while playing but Shooting someone with a sniper to the head should get me a kill. not 2 shots on the pinky from a sniper = a kill.

I know most people are going to be like. NO. GTFO etc. and I'm fine with that. It's not that the game would change even if everyone agreed. I'm just basically concluding my own thread and thoughts on the game. There IS something here. But if the current state of APB doesn't change the game will remain low activity.

I will say being a new player is a nightmare, doubly so if you don't have the money to spend on ARMAS.

This is exacerbated by the extremely low player count. That is, there just aren't enough new players to cordon them off, so you are stuck facing players who in the most egregious cases have thousands of hours in game and have spent thousand of dollars on ARMAS.

Same for matchmaking, even once phasing comes into play, so long as there are only a few hundred players to choose from, lopsided matches are still going to be a thing.

PvE would be nice, especially from a tutorial standpoint. There's a lot to learn before you can really play APB as it should be played, and I shudder to think how many players simply unistalled before getting that far.

Hitboxes is more of a technical issue due to the ability to change the height and weight of your character. Would short players have smaller hitboxes? Or would hitboxes extend beyond the model of the character? Either option is sub-optimal.

In any case, many changes ARE on the way, so I hope you can hang on with the rest of us. I think you will like where things are headed.

13 minutes ago, WaitingUntilTrueF2P said:

Shooting someone with a sniper to the head should get me a kill. not 2 shots on the pinky from a sniper = a kill.

hard pass

APB is unique because there is not headshots which helps promote actual skill

The maps are also designed for more skill involved rather than a cheap one shot  thrill

32 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

The maps are also designed for more skill involved rather than a cheap one shot  thrill

Are you implying that games that have more than 1 hitbox. Take less skill?

52 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Hitboxes is more of a technical issue due to the ability to change the height and weight of your character. Would short players have smaller hitboxes? Or would hitboxes extend beyond the model of the character? Either option is sub-optimal.

This is an actual good point about it. Still there's a way to do this that's optimal for sure. It's not like you can make your character 1 foot tall or something.

Just now, WaitingUntilTrueF2P said:

Are you implying that games that have more than 1 hitbox. Take less skill?

This is an actual good point about it. Still there's a way to do this that's optimal for sure. It's not like you can make your character 1 foot tall or something.

I put it in plain English.

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

I put it in plain English.

Yeah you said

38 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

28 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

If you cant read the whole thing you might want to just  stop.

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

If you cant read the whole thing you might want to just  stop.

You said 2 sentences.

1) No headshots help promote ACTUAL skill. Which makes me believe that you think that having headshots in a game doesn't promote ACTUAL skill. 
2) the maps are designed in a way that also promotes MORE skill than a CHEAP one shot thrill. 

Am I misreading this? Are you trolling? Or what?

Before I answer that lets do a simple observation of you :

WaitingUntilTrueF2P - meaning - APB is pay to win - apparent troll name

While date joined suggests new to the forums the troll name does not.

possible conclusion would be someone banned and returning to sow discord in the community to damage APB

Now to answer :

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

If you try to take a part and ignore the whole the truth did not change ; only your understanding of it.

To put  my statement in a similar way would be :

APB is unique because there is not head shots which helps promote actual skill , because the maps are also designed for more skill involved rather than a cheap one shot  thrill

To add other words into my statement is not what I said at all.

To not read my whole statement is not what I said either.

To make a pie takes more than one ingredient do not exclude them.....or it's a nasty pie.

The observation is relevant  to my answer to you so that it establishes how you do in fact know APB and

how I suspect you are only attempting to twist peoples words to cause saltiness and toxicity on the forums.

Although  others would mean it to insult you , I however am using it to establish how you are not trusted by me nor should others trust you at face value due to apparent shadiness and deception tactics

1 hour ago, WaitingUntilTrueF2P said:

Still there's a way to do this that's optimal for sure.

theres really not, it would require every character's height/width to be locked to a specific value

the technical hurdles are pretty insignificant in compared to the gameplay issues this would cause

since im lazy af heres some my thoughts from the last time this came up, minimal editing to remove unrelated content

On 7/23/2018 at 6:55 PM, BXNNXD said:

corner camping and car gameplay would instantly become absolutely mandatory 24/7 because the combination of instant ttk and a large amount of wide open areas would make gameplay unbearable

the only way this would affect the p2w stigma is by killing the game so fast that no one has time to worry about p2w anymore

On 7/23/2018 at 7:13 PM, BXNNXD said:

im not up for it because it would turn the game into a campfest to an insane degree - whats the point in rushing when opp can just hide on a corner and insta-gank you without every exposing themselves?

On 7/23/2018 at 7:17 PM, BXNNXD said:
On 7/23/2018 at 7:15 PM, 23k said:
People cry when they get dominated by experienced players if they get a better chance to fight back then they can develop confidence to compete against those higher skilled players, therefore they got more fun from the gameplay.

new players wont have a chance to fight back, with headshots theyll just be overwhelmed before they can even react

On 7/23/2018 at 7:23 PM, BXNNXD said:

except nades generally require you to expose yourself and now thanks to headshots even that slight corner pop to throw a grenade means you can be killed

not to mention grenade damage is now useless because health is now largely irrelevant due to headshots

On 7/23/2018 at 8:01 PM, BXNNXD said:
  • maps are far too large and open for there to be instant ttk
  • guns either all need to be accurate for the first shot or all of them need to be inaccurate, since any current gun that has rng will be inferior in the new headshot meta
  • missions will need to be reworked because most objectives would offer opp an unmoving headshot target, which means no more fighting back from on the objective
  • vehicles would need a rework since they would become mandatory for pretty much all movement, which will take carplay to insane levels
  • hitboxes and character animations in general will need to be reworked otherwise the current "who can peek corners better with an hvr" meta will extend to every single gun
On 7/24/2018 at 10:26 AM, BXNNXD said:

2) long range weapons are currently balanced because they have a high ttk for cqc, adding headshots bypasses that balancing 

4) in a 3rd person game with a 100m range it’s often impossible to see an hvr until they take the first shot (which now coincidentally will kill outright because lol headshots) and this isn’t csgo where wiping a team means you automatically win the match - wiping a player 90m from the objective 8/10 times means he’s going to be back before you can get to the objective

this isn’t going to help new players or bad players at all, because of how game knowledge (which you clearly lack) allows you to predict things like spawns and pushes and grenade timing, new players are just going to get stomped harder and faster than ever before and veterans are going to be able to wipe entire teams by themselves far more often

On 7/24/2018 at 11:55 AM, BXNNXD said:

forcing twitch aim and reaction time based combat makes the game more challenging for the wrong reasons, currently players with bad aim can attempt to compete because apb rewards good game knowledge and tactics - adding headshots will negate that

theres no point in being able to move fast because everyone will just be sitting on corners

all it will do is force people to camp on corners and in cars even more than they already do

this isnt csgo where if people can see you, you can see them - anyone rushing is going to be cut down before they even have time to react

any gun that has any rng will instantly become useless because theres a chance it will miss that first shot on the head - long range guns will be used almost exclusively because the longer ttk they have is negated by headshots and they have perfect acccuracy from 0m-100m

On 7/24/2018 at 12:54 PM, BXNNXD said:

players with bad aim will have far less of a chance because the game will become more reliant on aim - how do you not understand this?

firefights will consist of 1 gunshot at worst, thats not interesting whatsoever compared to current gunfights

its not going to be difficult, lowering the ttk means that it will be easier to take down multiple opponents - taking on multiple opponents currently requires far more skill than it would with headshots

in apb a player on a corner will be able to see you without ever exposing himself - the only time he would have to take any risk is when he pops out for an instant kill headshot

speaking of mods you still havent offered any fixes for headshots ruining modification balance

the only way to get close without risking a headshot is to drive a car up, but then we're right back to people doing nothing but camping corners and driving cars around

On 7/24/2018 at 1:57 PM, BXNNXD said:

it will make combat less predictable because you wont ever be able to react to a defender popping from a random corner and instantly killing you

firefights will consist of:

1. sit on overwatch position
  2. wait until enemy has committed to moving out of cover
  3. peek for a fraction of a second
  4. fire a single shot to kill enemy
  5. return to cover

instant TTK means you pose a threat to every single one of that 4 man group - you can kill one of them just as fast as they can kill you, thus making teamwork far less important and forcing players to rely more on twitch aim than tactics

theres no way you can claim to be able to reliably fire back at someone who pops a corner and fires one shot, especially since it could be literally any corner

you dont instantly die if you get caught in the open currently, theres a pretty decent chance to fight back most of the time

EDIT: still waiting on some fixes for how you would fix the broken modification system

oh and the damage dropoff system too

On 7/24/2018 at 3:09 PM, BXNNXD said:

there’s no rushing an entrenched player when all they need is a single shot to put u down

On 7/24/2018 at 3:52 PM, BXNNXD said:

i mean we can pretend that having 1 out of 4 character mods (fragile) actually being useful is good balance if you want

headshots will be pretty easy in apb, most of the guns have low recoil, characters move at a constant speed nearly all the time, and you can see anyone coming and line up a headshot without even exposing yourself

On 7/25/2018 at 4:47 PM, BXNNXD said:

adding headshots will require large amounts of development time due to nearly every system in apb needing changes to accommodate headshots

in addition headshots will slow the game down immensely, removing the arcade shooter aesthetic that allows apb to be unique instead of just a subpar csgo knockoff with bigger maps

12 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

possible conclusion would be someone banned and returning to sow discord in the community to damage APB

Now to answer :

If you try to take a part and ignore the whole the truth did not change ; only your understanding of it.

APB is unique because there is not head shots which helps promote actual skill , because the maps are also designed for more skill involved rather than a cheap one shot  thrill

To make a pie takes more than one ingredient do not exclude them.....or it's a nasty pie.

The observation is relevant  to my answer to you so that it establishes how you do in fact know APB and

how I suspect you are only attempting to twist peoples words to cause saltiness and toxicity on the forums.

Although  others would mean it to insult you , I however am using it to establish how you are not trusted by me nor should others trust you at face value due to apparent shadiness and deception tactics

First of all. No. Never banned. Secondly TLDR. Thirdly expressing different opinions than those of people who have actually paid for ingame items is not sowing discord. Ease up on the lectures maybe then people can actually stand you and read your whole posts.

5 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

theres really not, it would require every character's height/width to be locked to a specific value

the technical hurdles are pretty insignificant in compared to the gameplay issues this would cause

since im lazy af heres some my thoughts from the last time this came up, minimal editing to remove unrelated content

All this actually makes sense. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

helps promote actual skill

means that achieving a headshot is not actual skill

designed for more skill involved rather than a cheap one shot

idk how you could say this means anything other than headshots = no skill

20 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

good job on joining the mongoloids who resort to namecalling instead of actual arguments

First of all. No. Never banned. Secondly TLDR. Thirdly expressing different opinions than those of people who have actually paid for ingame items is not sowing discord. Ease up on the lectures maybe then people can actually stand you and read your whole posts.

5 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Now to answer :

New statement by WaitingUntilTrueF2P suggests multiple accounts due to clear knowledge of APB and troll name as established by my observation

Multiple forum accounts is against ToS

Terms of service abbreviated as ToS says this :

No Multiple Accounts A new account should only be made if there is a legitimate reason. Users that fail to comply to evade bans will be taken care of accordingly.   

Conclusion by your statements would be either multiple accounts breaking ToS or someone banned and returning to sow discord in the community to damage APB

New conclusion would establish a much higher probability of this  from new statements from WaitingUntilTrueF2P

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

means that achieving a headshot is not actual skill

idk how you could say this means anything other than headshots = no skill

good job on joining the mongoloids who resort to namecalling instead of actual arguments

THIS^

I actually Have no idea why someone would think that I want to shit on a game I've played for 15 hours the last 2 days. To ease your mind, reason I STOPPED playing back in 2012 or something (not sure) was because the game WAS REALLY BAD. Good idea. SUPER BAD execution. People I joined with stopped playing. I was too bored to play alone a game I didn't actually enjoy. AND the reason I have an account created in 2019 was because I didn't create a FORUM account back then. So all in all top notch observations Detective. Sadly you are mistaken and you've 100% misjudged me.

Also Fuck the headshots. Sure I got 2 answers explaining why it would suck and it actually makes sense. I also had other points but you didn't care to answer. It was more important to you to analyze your statement like it would make any difference. You are just sort of backpedaling because you realized that you basically indirectly called games witch count headshots no skill games. But that's besides the point. I got bored of your glosology lessons really quick. 

Regarding the name. I couldn't bother to think of a good name. I'm weird like that. You should see my ingame name. It sucks.

24 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

possible conclusion

never said was absolute

24 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

how I suspect

I am being cautious of you

11 minutes ago, WaitingUntilTrueF2P said:

Thirdly expressing different opinions than those of people who have actually paid for ingame items is not sowing discord

I never said anything of the sort to even suggest this. You are twisting what I said and  projecting onto me.

5 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

What name calling?

1 minute ago, WaitingUntilTrueF2P said:

Sadly you are mistaken and you've 100% misjudged me.

Once again saying "possible conclusion" does not say anything was absolute. But with you attempting to put words in my mouth to justify only makes me mistrust you even more so.

4 minutes ago, WaitingUntilTrueF2P said:

THIS^

I actually Have no idea why someone would think that I want to shit on a game I've played for 15 hours the last 2 days. To ease your mind, reason I STOPPED playing back in 2012 or something (not sure) was because the game WAS REALLY BAD. Good idea. SUPER BAD execution. People I joined with stopped playing. I was too bored to play alone a game I didn't actually enjoy. AND the reason I have an account created in 2019 was because I didn't create a FORUM account back then. So all in all top notch observations Detective. Sadly you are mistaken and you've 100% misjudged me.

Also Fuck the headshots. Sure I got 2 answers explaining why it would suck and it actually makes sense. I also had other points but you didn't care to answer. It was more important to you to analyze your statement like it would make any difference. You are just sort of backpedaling because you realized that you basically indirectly called games witch count headshots no skill games. But that's besides the point. I got bored of your glosology lessons really quick. 

you were aggressive with me  right out of the gate.

Of course I wonder about you and your intentions.

I seen your name after that and made a simple observation.

Once again the observation of your name is relevant to say you have knowledge of APB

I never said headshots do , as well as do not , take skill.

39 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

An example would be how if you put a blindfold over your eyes it is a proven fact your other senses get stronger.

same with head shots and other skills required for better APB gameplay with how the APB map was made.

Not my fault you are aggressive with me from the start which is when I noticed your name and made an observation.

As a token of good faith I would suggest a book " Brave New World by Aldous Huxley"

If you do so you might understand me better.

3 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

As a token of good faith I would suggest a book " Brave New World by Aldous Huxley"

If you do so you might understand me better.

Stop Patronizing me. No reason to keep posting trying to justify your position. Do you have anything else to add regarding the topic. We've gone really off topic with this 1v1 back and forth dude. Now as a token of good faith I'll say this: Sorry if I misinterpreted what you wanted to convey. water under the bridge and all that.  

This thread is like watching daddy hit mommy at the dinner table

5 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

unreal levels of backpedaling lul

Stop Patronizing me

Wasn't

Do you have anything else to add regarding the topic

Yeah thankfully headshots cant go into cars unless that was reworked as well to go through the glass.

Just now, BXNNXD said:

unreal levels of backpedaling lul

more like explaining in more detail...... youre such a goober

3 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

more like explaining in more detail...... youre such a goober

heres a detail im curious about, how come you've only gone apb detective on this specific new account