Kariiim

Can someone be in social so if we whisper he can ban people? immidatly? (for reason ofc)

i want to have something like gm so if something wrong happened or abused can be banned immediately after he can see the chat logs or if someone  hack can ban immidiatly just whisper him and he can investigate immidiatly and see what he can do 3 days ban week 24 hours like this but if banned prem u can just ban him 6 hours and investigate that's it this may solve many things

Just now, CerealXKiller said:

i want to have something like gm so if something wrong happened or abused can be banned immediately after he can see the chat logs or if someone  hack can ban immidiatly just whisper him and he can investigate immidiatly and see what he can do 3 days ban week 24 hours like this but if banned prem u can just ban him 6 hours and investigate that's it this may solve many things

You want people temp banned every time you complain to a GM ?

why would a gm in social be whispered about people cheating?

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

no i mean like i was playing and there was hacker for example and i can send to gm and tell him that there a hacker called (XXX) and he can see what he doing and ban him

1 minute ago, CerealXKiller said:

no i mean like i was playing and there was hacker for example and i can send to gm and tell him that there a hacker called (XXX) and he can see what he doing and ban him

that’s what the /report function is for homie

4 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

that’s what the /report function is for homie

it doesn't do anything i mean to ban  immediately not after the mission ends and see him in another mission 

15 minutes ago, CerealXKiller said:

it doesn't do anything i mean to ban  immediately not after the mission ends and see him in another mission 

You don't know if they are hacking or not. Just report and move on.

22 minutes ago, CerealXKiller said:

you say it like you (and every other schlub that would spam this gm with whispers) are always going to be correct

whispering a gm won’t be all that different from using /report, in both cases a pretty thorough investigation has to be done before a ban happens - if a ban happens at all

the gm isn’t gonna show up and terminate a potential customer over 5 minutes of spectating and a random whisper

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

you say it like you (and every other schlub that would spam this gm with whispers) are always going to be correct

whispering a gm won’t be all that different from using /report, in both cases a pretty thorough investigation has to be done before a ban happens - if a ban happens at all

the gm isn’t gonna show up and terminate a potential customer over 5 minutes of spectating and a random whisper

they can send from mail 😃

I  doubt any GM will ban over the description you gave due to one very important reason

It may be a troll and not a hacker which would cause problems

1 hour ago, CerealXKiller said:

What even is punctuation?

You know who ray taylor is? That guy is the reason why LO got so many mails jus cuz of reporting cheaters with video proof's like this one for instance.

Imagine giving a GM the powers which you say about. Put yourself in the position of the GM and imagine 25 players whispering you all at once. 

that video still makes me cringe as  "proof"

I don't want to comment further it would come off as salty or worse

1 hour ago, CerealXKiller said:

they can send from mail 😃

Consider this. The same could be done to you, would you like to be banned 5 mins after they whisper a gm without investigation? 

This is why GM's and moderators always seem to not be around.

They're busy moderating stupid patootie trash threads and talking to fucking morons in-game rather than doing actual productive work.

tbh i would love to see gm's online playing but understanding how the game is now i would suggest that they just work on what they are busy. it wil probebly help the game in the long run more than focus on unneeded whispers

I agree that atleast one GM should be always online. Because there are obv hackers that are for instance using speedhack. One that we had 3 days ago. GM can come to district and clearly see hacker + record video. So higher authorities can ban him.

3 hours ago, Defibrillator said:

What even is punctuation?

You know who ray taylor is? That guy is the reason why LO got so many mails jus cuz of reporting cheaters with video proof's like this one for instance.

Imagine giving a GM the powers which you say about. Put yourself in the position of the GM and imagine 25 players whispering you all at once. 

imagine playing in bronze and still hackusating everyone

btt: they already have monitoring and reporting active. however, obviously the reaction time is limited by

the count of mods - we have roughly 500 players active at all times and judging from the amount i've been hackusated... you'd probably need 100 gms at any time to deal with the flood of reports, if they were to immediately react to them. obviously not feasible. even 10 gms per server and 8 hour shifts would be a lot to employ and monitor - since they are also only human 

then the monitoring times: since they can't outright ban unless it is a shawcopter or speedhacker, they might have to watch for 5, 10, 15 or even more minutes, when it's just slightly fishy.

they can't also do multiple reports at once etc

also: the connection times. unless you have like 3 gms per district, they'd have to jump between districts a lot. which means quite some periods of inactivity, since they load quite slow... and so on.

this is also linked to number of mods etc. i doubt apb is profitable rn - and even in profitable games you barely see gms, as good ones are quite expensive and rare.

they are also not even chatting anymore (much), as atleast lixil said that they were invisible for now

Edited by neophobia

The GM should not have the right to ban anyone, there will be many false prohibitions and abuses .

Please don't give GMs ban power. We all saw how well that worked out for G1. LO don't even trust FF, how could they trust a human?

On 1/8/2019 at 10:30 PM, CookiePuss said:

That is my dream game.

Who do i whisper to get @CookiePuss banned? :^) 

APB Endgame content confirmed? 

Edited by Fasalina

8 minutes ago, Fasalina said:

Who do i whisper to get @CookiePuss banned? :^) 

APB Endgame content confirmed? 

If you can find her, Tiggs would probs do it again.