NotTheEnforcer

Waterfront Contacts

17 hours ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

So I finished levelling Teng finally, but the problem is, Mule is in Waterfront and doesn't unlock until I've levelled Orlenz. But another problem there, Waterfront district has been empty for so long that I dont even have Chiza levelled up lol

Until we get more players, or Waterfront is fixed (whatever the problem is that's driving players away), can there be some method of levelling contacts from Waterfront while on Financial? Like some basic interface that allows us to pledge them? So far only Bronze Waterfront has any decent amount of players (half-full), but I don't think I'll ever end up dropping from Gold until threat is redone, and Silver Waterfront hasn't filled up in quite some time.

Jericho btw. Which we also need to rename back to Joker. 🙂

uneven pumping of contacts . everything works as it should . I'm not against the return of the old name server , but it would be extra ,wasted time.

Edited by Yood

Yes the population on Jericho is bad and generally there is only one silver action district. However, there is enough population for 2 full districts and maybe even some over flows if threat segregation did not exist. I'd prefer disabling threat segregation over letting you level contacts in Fight Club. The purpose of APB and the main game is the missions part....if you let people level contacts purely in Fight Club you're going to kill the missions districts which are barely hanging on right now. 

If you allow cross district pledging, you're just going to kill Waterfront since it's seen as the red headed stepchild district even though it's the best district. 

Dramatic changes are not needed if the game gets updated and population comes back. The other night Jericho had 2 silver districts with population and over 300 players....hopefully that trend continues. 

50 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

Yes the population on Jericho is bad and generally there is only one silver action district. However, there is enough population for 2 full districts and maybe even some over flows if threat segregation did not exist. I'd prefer disabling threat segregation over letting you level contacts in Fight Club. The purpose of APB and the main game is the missions part....if you let people level contacts purely in Fight Club you're going to kill the missions districts which are barely hanging on right now. 

If you allow cross district pledging, you're just going to kill Waterfront since it's seen as the red headed stepchild district even though it's the best district. 

Dramatic changes are not needed if the game gets updated and population comes back. The other night Jericho had 2 silver districts with population and over 300 players....hopefully that trend continues. 

Keep in mind I meant for people to be able to level them in other Mission Districts, not Fight Club. That was something that someone else suggested.\

Any chance would could get a thought from you on this, @MattScott?

Edited by NotTheEnforcer

I'd welcome being able to level contacts outside of their own district, hell, I'd even take a bit of a standing penalty if I have to. Right now I'm stuck soldiering through WF for 13 more levels of Orlenz before I can get back to a fun district

3 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

I'd welcome being able to level contacts outside of their own district, hell, I'd even take a bit of a standing penalty if I have to. Right now I'm stuck soldiering through WF for 13 more levels of Orlenz before I can get back to a fun district

thats the point that was made earlier tho, if you could level contacts from anywhere there would be very few people who voluntarily play waterfront

it wouldnt be a problem if we could just balance the district but thats a pretty big undertaking, therefore not likely to happen until all the bigger core issues are dealt with

4 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

Im kind of on the fence with this one. 

Part of the reason I have 11 characters is because I hate playing without being able to rank up (like when wf is dead on jericho). 

But then again, if we didnt HAVE to play waterfront to rank up its contacts, you might was well delete the district altogether. 

I guess like so many other problems, the only really good solution may be somehow increasing overall game population. 

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

thats the point that was made earlier tho, if you could level contacts from anywhere there would be very few people who voluntarily play waterfront

it wouldnt be a problem if we could just balance the district but thats a pretty big undertaking, therefore not likely to happen until all the bigger core issues are dealt with

Yeah I do get that, I'm lucky at least that if I play during prime time I actually can play WF reliably, same can't be said for Jericho it seems

3 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

there would be very few people who voluntarily play waterfront

Thats why I only suggested it as a temporary solution. Currently it seems nobody plays Waterfront because the spawns are horribly designed and some of the mission areas are bad. This would just be a temporary means of levelling WF contacts until WF can actually be gone over and fixed, at that point the temp measure will be removed and players will need to go to WF again.

Is there no way to add an incentive for players to join the least populated servers? Say WF has no players, add increased rewards or something, and if it's financial suffering do the same. I would really love to play waterfront as well. It's my favorite. 😞

Too bad they won't just remake the district altogether, keep the same contacts but have a whole new road system and building locations. It's just too flat of a map to be that interesting, plus it's not a very good shape, just a narrow set of roads. If people like it then there's nothing stopping them, I just think it's bland.

• Like 1

Waterfront is a fuzzy bunny.

Bad spawn points, imbalance spots, where without OPGL, you can't do a thing.

Roofs, huge amount of open areas and 1 dude with obeya can easly stop entire enemy team attack.

Edited by KpuTo3aBp
  • Like 1

@MattScottYou got any weigh-in on this? Are there any plans for fixing/remaking Waterfront or adding the ability to temporarily level those contacts without being in the district?

Hi there,

We are looking at this issue. There is no plan to remake Waterfront, but there are ideas for making the existing district more attractive to play in. Stay tuned.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

It is true that waterfront gets left behind quite a bit , but i also know that due to random BE blocks some people can't even go into actions districts while they can join fight clubs and social , does LO have any way to track BE Blocks to at least be aware when a mass amount of players gets the same issue with it ?

57 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

We are looking at this issue. There is no player to remake Waterfront, but there are ideas for making the existing district more attractive to play in. Stay tuned.

Thanks,

Matt

Ah yes ! new contacts ! map changes ! yes !

Edited by Ketog

2 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

the 2 new contacts they gonna add must be in waterfront this time..

then expect to only meet with a minimum of 255 lv .

Has this changed since like a few weeks ago? Last I was playing APB much Jericho at least was going back and forth between Fin and WF all the time.

12 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

We are looking at this issue. There is no plan to remake Waterfront, but there are ideas for making the existing district more attractive to play in. Stay tuned.

Thanks,

Matt

Like, what level or changes are we talking about?

Also, are you planning on starting with the PC or Console version as a base? Please tell me you're starting with the PC version.

If you want to do a lot of work on these maps, I suggest you go over and think about all of the suggestions by Ellix in this thread:

https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/329214-not-so-lazy-ideas-for-map-changing

I don't agree with all of his suggestions, maybe even only like 50%, but he brings up a lot of issues and potential issues. (I think he wants to remove a lot of camp spots that are perfectly valid though.) (Note that he made his suggestions over a long time and they're on many pages.) (*EDIT* Also, I should emphasize that I don't in any way endorse anything said by anyone but Ellix in this thread, and only some of what Ellix says.)

Edited by Kewlin
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

[...]

If you want to do a lot of work on these maps, I suggest you go over and think about all of the suggestions by Ellix in this thread:

https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/329214-not-so-lazy-ideas-for-map-changing

I don't agree with all of his suggestions, maybe even only like 50%, but he brings up a lot of issues and potential issues. (I think he wants to remove a lot of camp spots that are perfectly valid though.) (Note that he made his suggestions over a long time and they're on many pages.) (*EDIT* Also, I should emphasize that I don't in any way endorse anything said by anyone but Ellix in this thread, and only some of what Ellix says.)

I agree, small changes as presented by Ellix can have a huge impact on the quality of gameplay or bring new life into a repetitive daily grind (after all we do play the maps for years by now)

On 1/15/2019 at 5:44 AM, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Thanks,

Matt

i think you should just let us pledge with them in the difrent districts because we dont have that much players sadly, hope u can work something out as its kinda hard to reroll.