Kariiim

No free Trial for weapons?

For me at least, difference in trial times between prem and non prem make even less sense than the cooldown timer difference. 

Surely allowing the proper testing of weapons would only help sales?

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

I just saw this thread.

Removal of the Free Trial system was purely an oversight on our part. It just got lost in the shuffle. In a game like APB with so many complex weapons, players need to be able to try before they commit.

I’ve let the team know, so we can work on getting that back in.

Thanks,

Matt

Can the trial times be adjusted? 30 mins for non-premium players isn't really enough time to get a reliable feeling for a gun. Maybe make the trial period a day? The lowest option on buying a gun from armas is for 3 days after all.

Also is there really a need for the different length in the trial period between premium and non-premium?

Edited by Weeb TheEpicGuyV2

9 hours ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

Can the trial times be adjusted? 30 mins for non-premium players isn't really enough time to get a reliable feeling for a gun. Maybe make the trial period a day? The lowest option on buying a gun from armas is for 3 days after all.

Also is there really a need for the different length in the trial period between premium and non-premium?

I agree that half an hour is not enough time to decide if a gun if worth purchasing and if suited for that player when some Events games and Fight club matches go on for half an hour.

Non-Premium players could have 3 hours and Premium players could get either no or 1 extra hour.

Premium membership players are probably perceived to more likely to make a purchase with a previous purchase on record and premium discount considered.

With that in mind, that maybe a reason to give these players more time to consider if a gun is suited to them, but it's really not needed.

A whole day free trail may be excessive when you bare in mind that Armas has guns with the option for a 3 day lease at 99 G1c.

Trial weapons are susceptible to abuse by reroll's... and rerolls don't normally have premium.

just sayin.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, YumiSakura said:

Trial weapons are susceptible to abuse by reroll's... and rerolls don't normally have premium.

just sayin.

This implies ARMAS weapons are strictly better than non-ARMAS weapons, which is simply not true.

Personally I still like the idea of trail resets (like every several months or so).

(You could make a new account to retry something, but usually that won't have premium right.)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

I just saw this thread.

Removal of the Free Trial system was purely an oversight on our part. It just got lost in the shuffle. In a game like APB with so many complex weapons, players need to be able to try before they commit.

I’ve let the team know, so we can work on getting that back in.

Thanks,

Matt

they are not complex, they are just too expensive

17 hours ago, YumiSakura said:

Trial weapons are susceptible to abuse

👍  I fully agree and confirm this fact .

Edited by Yood

5 minutes ago, Inquitoria said:

Wrong.

Wrong. 

you'll play weapons from Armas ALL the time ! without spending money ! therefore workers LO will sit without the salary .

Edited by Yood

16 minutes ago, Yood said:

Wrong. 

you'll play weapons from Armas ALL the time ! without spending money ! therefore workers LO will sit without the salary .

Free trials last 3 hours. If you like a gun, you can only play with it 3 hours for free, then you're done. If you like a gun, you will purchase it so you can always play with it.

Almost every gun on ARMAS is objectively inferior to guns freely available in the game.

And if there is no trial, nobody will purchase any weapons, therefore even less revenue.

4 minutes ago, Inquitoria said:

Free trials last 3 hours. If you like a gun, you can only play with it 3 hours for free, then you're done. If you like a gun, you will purchase it so you can always play with it.

Almost every gun on ARMAS is objectively inferior to guns freely available in the game.

And if there is no trial, nobody will purchase any weapons, therefore even less revenue.

the game has more than 52 different modifications of weapons . playing for 2 hours a day for a month you will not be able to try everything . you turn a paid game into a free one

Edited by Yood

23 minutes ago, Yood said:

Wrong. 

I said this before:

Free players get 30 minutes free trail lease...

Premium members get 3 hours leases...

All trails can only bet gotten I think it was once a month.

So free players can get free trail weapon for only 6 hours in a year.

Premium member free trail weapons are only 36 hours or 1 and a half days.

A gun you can have for under 2 days out of 365 days in a year is not a loss

If a player can try a weapon and get a feel if they like it or not, It may make them want to buy that gun.

2 minutes ago, Yood said:

there are only 52 different types of barrels in the game .  don't tell me stories .

Show us proof because a majority of guns in Armas Marketplace are reskins... just a new gun look but same weapon as in game.

The unique guns are balanced to being slightly under powered or having negative affects which make the gun harder to use.

Edited by VickyFox

On 1/9/2019 at 8:49 PM, CookiePuss said:

For me at least, difference in trial times between prem and non prem make even less sense than the cooldown timer difference. 

Surely allowing the proper testing of weapons would only help sales?

Of course. 30 minutes is not enough to get good feel of weapon. You need 2-3 matches to rate weapon properly - as if it fits you or not.

• Like 1

there used to be free trials however there is a rumor that people were only using the free trials to get better temp weapons rather than serious consideration

citation needed since its only hearsay

Hi all,

I've locked this thread, since we were able to fix the problem.

We are looking into ways to help players trial weapons without opening up exploits.

Thanks,
Matt

• Thanks 1