Kariiim

No free Trial for weapons?

28 minutes ago, Trivirium said:

"Half a year" 

That statement for a single car that's not even open slot makes my skin shiver.

The Vegas 4x4 G24 costs 10k JT, I'll leave the money out of it for now since you'll make plenty doing fightclub.

If you're a max rank, you can get that all done in 7 weeks though that will take a lot of dedication.

Per day you can get: 25+25+25+20+20 = 115 JT

On top of that you can get the weekly maximum amount in both fight clubs: 2x (50+150+200) = 800 JT

If we combine that all you can get up to 1605 JT (7x115 + 800).

Taking those 1605 JT/week and doing that for 7 weeks = 11235 JT

Now let's make the same calculations as a R9:

Daily activities: 10 JT/day

Fight club/week: 800 JT

Total per week: 870 JT

(This doesn't take into account the other daily activities you'll be able to do as well from the other contacts as you're progressing through them.)

So then it would take you 12 weeks to complete your 'farming' for the 4x4 4-slot.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Trivirium said:

"Half a year" 

That statement for a single car that's not even open slot makes my skin shiver.

Half a year for the four slotted version my man. Before they revamped FC Jokerticket rewards to compensate for Daily Activities you could get a 4 slot 4x4 in 3~ months. Now its just a bit longer if you actually play the game.

18 hours ago, Frosi said:

You can earn that in less than half a year if you play actively, just saying.

most players don't play every day . how many bronze and silver players have you seen in fight club ?

Edited by Yood

How am i supposed to get 800 tickets in fight club if my average kd is 0.1 think before talking 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Misakaaa said:

How am i supposed to get 800 tickets in fight club if my average kd is 0.1 think before talking 

So... you want rewards for nothing then?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yood said:

most players don't play every day . how many bronze and silver players have you seen in fight club ?

You don't have to play every day be within the gold rewards of Fightclubs.

2 hours ago, Misakaaa said:

The 4x4 used to be an extremely prestigious car before they added it to Armas. It was intended to be a reward for dedicated players that not everyone will be able to get and that is a good thing. If everything was extremely easy to achieve then why have progression in the first place? 

• Like 1

Just now, Frosi said:

You don't have to play every day be within the gold rewards of Fightclubs.

how many bronze and silver players have you seen in fight club ?

17 minutes ago, Yood said:

how many bronze and silver players have you seen in fight club ?

Not many, but Fight club rewards aren't really for that group of players anyways.

Just now, Frosi said:

Not many, but Fight club rewards aren't really for that group of players anyways.

dude ! are you some kind of EXCLUSIVE ?

• Thanks 1

On 1/8/2019 at 1:16 PM, CerealXKiller said:

u said it not all of them though and i want to buy Adder

Wtf. My face was exactly like Kemp.

It was supposed to be like Carbine but now it's almost like AR...

Did he field-tested it tho?

Just now, Yood said:

dude ! are you some kind of EXCLUSIVE ?

Certain things in the game are supposed to be hard to obtain and that's a good thing. People will complain about this and that being too hard to obtain or being "exclusive" to certain players and scream for Special Snowflake treatment instead of actually trying to improve and be able to obtain said item.

11 minutes ago, Frosi said:

Certain things in the game are supposed to be hard to obtain and that's a good thing. People will complain about this and that being too hard to obtain or being "exclusive" to certain players and scream for Special Snowflake treatment instead of actually trying to improve and be able to obtain said item.

dude ! are you some kind of EXCLUSIVE ? by accident ! character ~ frostfrostfrost does not belong to you ?

topic NO FREE TRIAL FOR WEAPONS

Edited by Yood

25 minutes ago, Yood said:

dude ! are you some kind of EXCLUSIVE ? by accident ! character ~ frostfrostfrost does not belong to you ?

topic NO FREE TRIAL FOR WEAPONS

lets pretend like I understand what google translator is trying to tell me. yes

13 minutes ago, Frosi said:

the sparkling clown who plays in the silver district is not my authority .

5 hours ago, Yood said:

...Look most players are not Bronze, I'd say there is an even number of silvers to golds.

What you're getting for your Joker Tickets/Armas Purchase is exclusive version of the Vegas which has all wheel drive, this gives it better handling both on road, off road and going around corners.

This vehicle can be gotten with 1,2,3 or 4  mod slots from Joker Distrobution Store in Socail.

Armas will give a 4 mod slot version and the vehicle is permanently unlocked, getting a second Vegas after Armas unlocked will only cost $1200 and no joker tickets.

If you don't think a customisable all wheel drive version of the fastest car in game, with 4 mod slots is not worth that effort/money...

...Then that's your opinion and you don't have to get the car!

2 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

...Look most players are not Bronze, I'd say there is an even number of silvers to golds.

What you're getting for your Joker Tickets/Armas Purchase is exclusive version of the Vegas which has all wheel drive, this gives it better handling both on road, off road and going around corners.

This vehicle can be gotten with 1,2,3 or 4  mod slots from Joker Distrobution Store in Socail.

Armas will give a 4 mod slot version and the vehicle is permanently unlocked, getting a second Vegas after Armas unlocked will only cost $1200 and no joker tickets.

If you don't think a customisable all wheel drive version of the fastest car in game, with 4 mod slots is not worth that effort/money...

...Then that's your opinion and you don't have to get the car!

only the Armas and Joker shop provides you vegas 4x4 sell which is impossible . contacts have a simple Vegas up to three free slots but you can both sell and buy. what are you talking about ?

top NO FREE TRIAL FOR WEAPONS

I sincerely hope that the removal of the trial system is either temporary or an error, otherwise I can't see myself spending any G1C on weapons in this game again. And no, I am also not willing to get a shorter lease for money to try the weapon, nor do I play enough FC, or care to want to, to use the JT ones as a trial.

5 hours ago, Misakaaa said:

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

So... you want rewards for nothing then?

This is a perfect example of this issues that'll arise with the lack of Armas weapon trials and with everyone expecting everyone else to just "goto the joker store". 

People want an easy, free and simple way to try new things in a game far past it's prime where everyone else probably already has it. Making people purchase premium items with free currency is great, but when it say, Costs what would be the equivalent of, around 1,000,000 in game dollars. Because that's what the normal Vegas 4 slot goes for, it can become problematic. 

On a good game a non premium member can get around 2.5-4K a mission. For simplicity's sake we'll use 3K as the going rate. If you were to get 3K consecutively EVERY GAME. It would take you a total of 334 matches to meet the 1,000,000 dollar mark. JTs cannot be farmed the same way, so sadly you must be locked to a fixed skill capped grind. Where FC comes in and so does the 84 consecutive days (of which is if your rank 255) of wasting your time playing hours of APB just to get them dailies done. Now this model of progression is okay for anyone who pays for premium and legitimate golds who can do well in FC. BUT for the other 75% you have a very very very starved system of progression that ultimately pushes towards Armas purchases. 

Then we hit the second issue. Now that we've got this system of fremium in place, you'd think they'd be on equal grounds? No, Arma's still has exclusives like the RFP Fang, but in hindsight, The Joker Store does have the Stheno.. Even though we get the AMG as a loyalty reward... 

Like I said in my previous reply, I'm all for the JS. But not when JTs are and can, be considered hard earned and spent better elsewhere, like on a Coywolf or Vegas 4x4. People shouldn't be forced to use their hard earned currency just to TRY something. For as long as I've played they've had trials and I think it's just as much a gesture of honesty in letting people try their products before purchase as it is integrity as a company to show that they aren't out to rip you off with gimmicky guns and packs.. 

2 hours ago, Frosi said:

As an SPCT I'm surprised you didn't pick up on this, he's saying that you've derailed the post with the 4x4 talk, it's about weapon trials, not the fact you can buy a car from there, let alone an expensive one.

All that being said, I genuinely think it was a poor decision to remove trials from Armas as it will only hurt new players who have nothing further without a trial-able arsenal in a game where the majority of player that are playing have plenty of premium guns to choose from on a whim.

Edited by Trivirium
Factual accuracy

6 minutes ago, Trivirium said:

This is a perfect example of this issues that'll arise with the lack of Armas weapon trials and with everyone expecting everyone else to just "goto the joker store".

Yeah I should have been more clear before, sorry about that.

I also think its a bad idea not to be able to trial weapons before buying.

I do not think the Joker Store is a viable substitute for trials in its current state.

My previous statement only meant that as far as earning joker tickets goes, I believe you should have to put in some effort.

it would be nice to see an official response from orbit on this but i really can’t think of any reason that would justify removing the free trials

if free trials are gone for good, does that mean the refund policy will change?

Hi all,

I just saw this thread.

Removal of the Free Trial system was purely an oversight on our part. It just got lost in the shuffle. In a game like APB with so many complex weapons, players need to be able to try before they commit.

I’ve let the team know, so we can work on getting that back in.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

I just saw this thread.

Removal of the Free Trial system was purely an oversight on our part. It just got lost in the shuffle. In a game like APB with so many complex weapons, players need to be able to try before they commit.

Thanks,

Matt

ask and ye shall receive lol

any chance there could be an update to the system while it’s already being worked on?

there were various weapons that didn’t have a trial for whatever reason, and personally i think the f2p trial time should be bumped up to 1 hour instead of 30min

34 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

I just saw this thread.

Thanks,

Matt

Great news, thank you for get us know and updated.

Me and friends missing that features so much.

47 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

ask and ye shall receive lol

any chance there could be an update to the system while it’s already being worked on?

there were various weapons that didn’t have a trial for whatever reason, and personally i think the f2p trial time should be bumped up to 1 hour instead of 30min

isn't it 3 hours though? or is that only premiums?

2 minutes ago, Psygo said:

isn't it 3 hours though? or is that only premiums?

it's 30mins for f2p and 3 hours for prem