Sign in to follow this  
Puffdragon

So I tried APB on PS4... And I have some concerns...

Firstly, am I able to link my pc account with the ps4 account like tiggs promised?

Secondly, is there an aim assist function?

Thirdly, the graphics are not what I had hoped for, no anti-aliasing, pastel colours, bad shadowing, no anti-aliasing... I see why this version wasn't brought to pc.

Now I know it's a work in progress and I'm hopeful still, but at this point I can't see myself starting over just so I can play a worse looking version. If I was able to link my pc account I could see myself getting into streaming it. But it's definitely sub-par compared with the pc version.

it only gets worse on the xbox version too 😕

Planning on grabbing a ps4 later this year so here's hoping that we'll be able to use our characters on pc or at least have the option to transfer the said characters over to xbox/ps.

7 minutes ago, dShade said:

Planning on grabbing a ps4 later this year so here's hoping that we'll be able to use our characters on pc or at least have the option to transfer the said characters over to xbox/ps.

I don't think that's even in the plans.

Not sure if its even possible.

Pretty sure they already said that it is not possible to connect PC accounts to console and vice versa.

• Like 1

acccount linking is likely up to sony/microsoft and i doubt they would allow it - in fact i remember “probably not” being the official stance ever since we got apb on consoles

in my opinion the idea of APB on consoles just crazy (attempt to hide from cheaters ). I can't claim, but I will assume that the console servers now have all complex of problems . but there are two that Lo will never be able to change - bad handling character and a very small percentage of accuracy when shooting hits .

Edited by Yood

Doesn't the console version also miss the theme and music kiosks?

On 1/7/2019 at 12:54 PM, Puffdragon said:

Firstly, am I able to link my pc account with the ps4 account like tiggs promised?

Thirdly, the graphics are not what I had hoped for, no anti-aliasing, pastel colours, bad shadowing, no anti-aliasing... I see why this version wasn't brought to pc.

Now I know it's a work in progress and I'm hopeful still, but at this point I can't see myself starting over just so I can play a worse looking version. If I was able to link my pc account I could see myself getting into streaming it. But it's definitely sub-par compared with the pc version.

1). Well Lady Tiggs is no longer a member of staff at GamersFirst so It's up to Little Orbit's disgression if Sony and Microsoft agrees to Linking existing accounts but I don't see why not...

The only issue is Sony is stubborn with games being cross platform.

2). I don't have a console, but being console one would assume so there probably would be aim assist.

3). Xbox/PS4's versions of APB are running on a skeleton framework of Unreal Engine 3.5, The PC version still is on Unreal Engine 3.0!

GamersFirst rushed porting out the console versions in time for a contractual deadline in agreements with Deep Silver.  Also each update and patch has to be verified by Microsoft and Sony respectively.

The console version seem rough around the edges... because it just is rough around the edges, console versions of APB haven't been refined yet and it is on the To-Do list at Little Orbit.

4). There is the technical issue of having characters on different servers, Matt Scott has stated that transferring characters on to other servers may cause unforeseen affects that may be negative to the account's content. For example a player created design/symbol may become corrupted during transfer and there may not be much (or any) way to prevent or recover damaged content.

Transferring from a PC server to another PC server is not viable, let alone to a completely different gaming platform.

You need to pay a visit to XBOX version, that's worser than playing Mario Kart on a potato

The PS4 version is....special, and I've heard worse about xbox. The aim assist is terrible, people abuse it. Almost everytime you switch weapons you have to restart the game. After playing a few missions, you have to restart the game. The game is always crashing, people can type certain things in chat to make everyone lag. The graphics are a joke. You can't obtain legendaries via in game money, only with real money or other legendaries.

But here I am...still playing...waiting for the magical update.

On 1/7/2019 at 7:54 AM, Puffdragon said:

are you seriously actually expecting something from consoles at this point? even with the track record of console APB since launch?............

05onfire1_xp-superJumbo-v2.jpg?quality=9

Edited by Akito
typo

On 1/7/2019 at 5:48 PM, CookiePuss said:

I don't think that's even in the plans.

Not sure if its even possible.

certainly feasible but not possible under the condition that LO doesn't wanna pay the other publishers so you get to keep your weapons -

which would be a ridiculous thing to ask for -

or well that e.g. Koch Media (apb ps4 eu) would give them to you for free.

Would you ask Gameforge if you could get your items from En Masse? Especially if both are still publishing the (more or less) same game?

For APB it's not only a different publisher per region but also per platform (tbh, not too sure how common that is)

(not directed at you, Cookie, just trying to explain in general)

Edited by neophobia

On 1/8/2019 at 3:50 PM, VickyFox said:

1). Well Lady Tiggs is no longer a member of staff at GamersFirst so It's up to Little Orbit's disgression if Sony and Microsoft agrees to Linking existing accounts but I don't see why not...

The only issue is Sony is stubborn with games being cross platform.

4). There is the technical issue of having characters on different servers, Matt Scott has stated that transferring characters on to other servers may cause unforeseen affects that may be negative to the account's content. For example a player created design/symbol may become corrupted during transfer and there may not be much (or any) way to prevent or recover damaged content.

Transferring from a PC server to another PC server is not viable, let alone to a completely different gaming platform.

1)

iirc it was stated before that tiggs was still there in a mentor-kinda, non-directly-acting role.

not sure how up-to-date that info is.

not only sony/ms have a say in that but also the different publishers. apb is not only published by LO (see above)

4)

are you sure that's how it was stated? i'd get differences between (engine!) versions but servers? why was that no issue with innova and hoplon?

ah sorry for doublepost. posting on phone, was hoping for merge thingy to happen. guess i was too slow...

Edited by neophobia

5 hours ago, neophobia said:

4)

are you sure that's how it was stated? i'd get differences between (engine!) versions but servers? why was that no issue with innova and hoplon?

Don't know why server merges are different, something to ask a member of staff.

44 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

Don't know why server merges are different, something to ask a member of staff.

sorry jeez, i hope you didn't rewatch the vid, a "nah, i'm sure" would've been enough xd

Sign in to follow this