Dasimoge

[Design]Little Orbit launcher concept!

Design picture

mZi1rFt.jpg

I know the colors i took ain't fit at all.

Edit Notes:

-Changed title

-Changed design style

-Concept for a Little Orbit launcher

Status: Stopped atm due to irl stuff. ( Skilled worker examination Part 1 soon )

Greetings,

Dasimoge

Edited by Dasimoge
  • Like 3

Gonna be blunt, but it looks pretty bad. If you've only designed it for 2 hours you really shouldn't post it yet. The status texts are hard to read, download bar is hard to read, you have a whole bunch of dead space, the Han sever doesn't exist anymore, you lost the news panel, the 3 buttons in the middle seem randomly placed.

Personally I think the launcher is pretty much fine as it is, if anything I'd make it larger with a readable patchnote window and keep everything else mostly the same.

• Like 2

You have no deadline here!? Don't publish a version you're not even convinced of by yourself - criticizing it from the get go.

A lot of negativity for a presentation. Start strong and confident the criticism will come by itself.

1 hour ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

Gonna be blunt, but it looks pretty bad. If you've only designed it for 2 hours you really shouldn't post it yet. The status texts are hard to read, download bar is hard to read, you have a whole bunch of dead space, the Han sever doesn't exist anymore, you lost the news panel, the 3 buttons in the middle seem randomly placed.

Personally I think the launcher is pretty much fine as it is, if anything I'd make it larger with a readable patchnote window and keep everything else mostly the same.

I've posted it due to see what peoples would like to have on the launcher.

Obviously as well to collect opinions to make it better.

Though no i've not lost the news panel, i just didn't added it yet.

I'm thinking about to make my launcher concept as a HTML version, so you would be able to test the panels.

If ur a good designer, i don't mind sending you the PSD file.

@Dasimoge The following is what I could think of on the spot, see if it works well with your plans for the design:

1 » This is not critical but it would be nice if the launcher would show the currently selected region.

2 » Perhaps "Advanced Settings" should be inside "Settings", so Advanced Settings shouldn't be an option in the main screen.

3 » Move the "Repair" button to where the "Advanced Settings" button was (this is my opinion/preference, but currently the Repair-button is in the spotlight next to region and start buttons. Repair should NOT be in the center with these two. This step should fix that as well as the cavity left by step 2).

4 » Looking at "Remaining: 0mb", "mb" should be in uppercase letters (MB). Also add a space key-stroke before it (don't let the number hug the letters).

5 » The in-game currency is still G1C (plus websites), so there is a chance Gamersfirst's Logo should be included in the Launcher, but I am not sure.

6 » I personally don't mind this, but having buttons stand out from the background would also be nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

@Dasimoge The following is what I could think of on the spot, see if it works well with your plans for the design:

1 » This is not critical but it would be nice if the launcher would show the currently selected region.

2 » Perhaps "Advanced Settings" should be inside "Settings", so Advanced Settings shouldn't be an option in the main screen.

3 » Move the "Repair" button to where the "Advanced Settings" button was (this is my opinion/preference, but currently the Repair-button is in the spotlight next to region and start buttons. Repair should NOT be in the center with these two. This step should fix that as well as the cavity left by step 2).

4 » Looking at "Remaining: 0mb", "mb" should be in uppercase letters (MB). Also add a space key-stroke before it (don't let the number hug the letters).

5 » The in-game currency is still G1C (plus websites), so there is a chance Gamersfirst's Logo should be included in the Launcher, but I am not sure.

6 » I personally don't mind this, but having buttons stand out from the background would also be nice.

That's what i want to hear! 😉

• Like 1

The new draft is a lot better, good work. I think a different font is in order for the news and stuff, but other than that I think it's looking pretty good now

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

The new draft is a lot better, good work. I think a different font is in order for the news and stuff, but other than that I think it's looking pretty good now

Which font would you prefer?

Btw i thought about, to replace "Screenshots" mabye with "Twitch Highlights"..

21 minutes ago, Dasimoge said:

Which font would you prefer?

Btw i thought about, to replace "Screenshots" mabye with "Twitch Highlights"..

I would personally go with a non-bold or at least a less bold font for the text. Having it with the same weight as the title feels strange to me.

17 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

much better! (also heads up of the misspelling of "Complete")

Oh ups haha!

//Picture updated

Edited by Dasimoge

16 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

This is worse in every way.

Make it better 😉

• Thanks 1

Use a different font than the fat one and please... please don't stretch pictures...

Gave it a shot with 30 minutes...  It doesn't have all the features yours has but you know...
It's coming from an already existing game launcher of another game you may find out yourself 😛

wc0WLUa.jpg

Edited by Xue
  • Like 3

I see what you did there, using the font people used to select to make memes back in 2012.

17 hours ago, Cuve said:

Gave it a shot with 30 minutes...  It doesn't have all the features yours has but you know...
It's coming from an already existing game launcher of another game you may find out yourself 😛

wc0WLUa.jpg

Thats fucking cleeeeean. Nice LoL launcher vibe to it. 

• Like 1