Sign in to follow this  
SnowStormy

New players APB

Hi every one, 

ME and my friend starte playing APB for a week or so and we are having some troubles and i was hoping we are not alone. 

We followed some tutorials on how to get starded posted here since the in game tutorial doesn't help you at all and we kinda got the basisc of the game. 

Fast forward two days and we begin matchmaking and doing missons a total nightmare. 

We got players that are above our rank on every mission until we found out thanks to another tutorial posted here that the district was în făcut for silver players so we change it. 

Now here is where the fun begins on the bronze district, lord have mercy on us. 

Matchmaking was the same, everything was identica. 

I'm not an expert when it comes to fps games i admit but does this game not have a average Player district or everyone is a pro? 

And dont let me get started on cheaters.. 

How does a new Player supposed to survive? 

Our gamer tags are SnowStormy and MrsLolla check our kda

APB does not have a large enough playerbase anymore to segregate everyone and every attempt to it in the past was met with either a lot of abuse by dethreating to a lower rank and a massive inactivity spike by the mediocre golds. 

Basically you get spanked a lot and adept to it to become better in this game.

Maybe you could ask if 2 people can join you two and have them explain you the ropes as you go on this spanking to ease it up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You're new. APB has a pretty high learning curve. You'll be getting your patootie handed to you for a while. Take it as a learning experience that you can improve from.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AlexandraTromp said:

APB does not have a large enough playerbase anymore to segregate everyone and every attempt to it in the past was met with either a lot of abuse by dethreating to a lower rank and a massive inactivity spike by the mediocre golds. 

Basically you get spanked a lot and adept to it to become better in this game.

Maybe you could ask if 2 people can join you two and have them explain you the ropes as you go on this spanking to ease it up. 

the game has a sufficient base for the game ! just some adjust the rules for themselves to be the winner always .

• Like 1

Honestly threat districts were mistake.

They tried to directly fix problem with matchmaking as it is - but until matchmaking won't be fixed, such situations will continue to arose again and again.

It's not the problem that golds are playing near you, it's the fact that you are even paired up with them so their scheme works.

And from the gold perspective, at some points, at servers like Jericho, you can't even do your contacts cause servers are litteraly dead for one threat or another.

Doesn't justify dethreating at all of course tho.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 1

On 1/6/2019 at 12:07 PM, Mitne said:

Honestly threat districts were mistake.

They tried to directly fix problem with matchmaking as it is - but until matchmaking won't be fixed, such situations will continue to arose again and again.

It's not the problem that golds are playing near you, it's the fact that you are even paired up with them so their scheme works.

And from the gold perspective, at some points, at servers like Jericho, you can't even do your contacts cause servers are litteraly dead for one threat or another.

Doesn't justify dethreating at all of course tho.

Without segregating or a server wide matchmaking you always keep the problem of bad matchmaking.

Even if the district is full you have to assume that around 50% is either already in a mission or is AFK so not really a big pool to choose from.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 8:28 PM, SnowStormy said:

Hi every one, 

ME and my friend starte playing APB for a week or so and we are having some troubles and i was hoping we are not alone. 

We followed some tutorials on how to get starded posted here since the in game tutorial doesn't help you at all and we kinda got the basisc of the game. 

Fast forward two days and we begin matchmaking and doing missons a total nightmare. 

We got players that are above our rank on every mission until we found out thanks to another tutorial posted here that the district was în făcut for silver players so we change it. 

Now here is where the fun begins on the bronze district, lord have mercy on us. 

Matchmaking was the same, everything was identica. 

I'm not an expert when it comes to fps games i admit but does this game not have a average Player district or everyone is a pro? 

And dont let me get started on cheaters.. 

How does a new Player supposed to survive? 

Our gamer tags are SnowStormy and MrsLolla check our kda

you dont notice it now, but blieve me, bronze and silver districts are 2 completely diferent animals

a gold in the bronze district is (at best) a half-decent silver in the silver district (the standard of what is gold and silver is diferent in both districts), and i meant it.

sadly for you guys, this is APB, steep learning curve, few players with lots of experience. its not imposible to get into this game, but it will take some work.

if you need help with tips and such, we will be happy to help you with whatever we can, giving tips or answering questions.

but the best tip i can give you is, get familiar with all the weapon types (learn what shotguns, SMGs, assault rifles, semi autos and snipers are good for), and every time you get killed ask yourself what you could have done diferently, and how you ended up in that bad situation.

welcome to the jungle

• Like 1

Pretty much everything the ice bear above me said.

And I'd like to clear up something before you get it burned into your brain that this game has a deep rooted infestation.  Cheaters exist, yes.  BUT with the way APB handles, you can do things on a normal basis that look like things only a cheater would do in any other game.  For example, the 3rd person free look camera.  Someone could have their back to you, then immediately snap to you when you get near them, that is most of the time due to the character giving no indication as to where the camera is really looking unless they are in Marksman mode (right mouse button), and they were already aiming at you before they fired.  Same goes for peeking around corners.  You can look around corners easily without exposing yourself at all because of the offset of the camera.  That being said, cheaters are still here, but they were a much MUCH bigger problem before BattleEye was implemented a few months ago.  Also this community is very paranoid when it comes to cheaters.

But like Polar said, there are plenty of us that would be happy to answer any questions you have about the game.  There's no dumb questions when it comes to this game because... Well... APB is weird in a lot of ways compared to other games.  Some guns have weird shooting mechanics, while others are completely standard, some vehicles have strange quirks or abilities.  Others are just boring as hell to drive.  (I'm classifying the Vegas's ability to make a stunt ramp out of any vehicle smaller than a dump truck as an ability, while a strange quirk would be the Growl's steering/speed mechanics or how the Morai just does not have a functioning reverse gear.  Or even just weird bugs like how the Jericho and Bishada will almost always flip over if you give one of their rear wheels a little rub.) 

Anyway, I hope you get the hang of APB soon!  One of the game's biggest problems is new player retention rate because of how difficult it is for a newbie to get started.  Beat the shit out of that learning curve.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

Hi, nice to meet you and welcome to the forums.

I would like to thank All of you for the quick responses and Tips, i got netter at the game since läst time i posted and the game has indeed  many flaws but i guess i cant complain too much since it's Free to play and enjoyable kinda. 

Sign in to follow this