MattScott

Putting the servers on Mitigation

Hi everyone,

I’m sure you have noticed consistent outages in APB since Christmas. Unfortunately, we have been getting hammered by a new form of DDoS attack, and it is taking our networking team time to work up and test a new defense.

For the time being, I’m going to put the servers on Mitigation, so at least things are up and stable. I honestly hate turning on this form of mitigation because it adds significant latency.

Apologies. Bear with us.

Thanks,

Matt

Edit: Apparently my network engineers have determined that the large Citadel crash this morning was an issue with our provider. We’ll keep watching things.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Bear with us.

fed32c367f76ee3e6b9e696d0a31ae1d--manicu

well at least we got official acknowledgement of the issue

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

If I am ever on mitigation/life support, pleas pull the plug.

And then plug it in again?

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

1 minute ago, ExpectoPatronum said:

Why joke about something serious like this? LO is being attacked by real criminals. Get a grip.

sorry sir, i’ll get back to tracking down the ddoser right away even tho i can barely turn on my own pc without help

1 minute ago, ExpectoPatronum said:

Why joke about something serious like this? LO is being attacked by real criminals. Get a grip.

Welcome ExpectoPatronum,

I appreciate the sentiment, and DDoS is no joke. But this community has a twisted sense of humor. I take most of it as them just making the best of a bad situation.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ExpectoPatronum said:

Why not, the staff is working on it, we as players can't do anything further. Sorry for trying to stay positive ...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ExpectoPatronum said:

Can I have some good boy points too

• Thanks 1

"This community has a twisted sense of humor" H-hey :c

24 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Welcome ExpectoPatronum,

I appreciate the sentiment, and DDoS is no joke. But this community has a twisted sense of humor. I take most of it as them just making the best of a bad situation.

Thanks,

Matt

I see it in a different way. I dislike this too but I can see why.

When a community has been lied to and left in the dark for years sooner or later they become toxic. It's not your fault, its the "previous owners" fault.

1 minute ago, Nickolai said:

I see it in a different way. I dislike this too but I can see why.

When a community has been lied to and left in the dark for years sooner or later they become toxic. It's not your fault, its the "previous owners" fault.

IDK man, my earliest memories of APB are of absurd levels of antisemitism, racism, and bizarre dark or lewd humor, back in the RTW beta days. Heck, the sense of humor's built into the game's writing.

I'm pretty sure we've always been this way.

33 minutes ago, MattScott said:

[...] this community has a twisted sense of humor. I take most of it as them just making the best of a bad situation.

Sums up the past few years nicely 🤣

22 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

IDK man, my earliest memories of APB are of absurd levels of antisemitism, racism, and bizarre dark or lewd humor, back in the RTW beta days. Heck, the sense of humor's built into the game's writing.

I'm pretty sure we've always been this way.

What is wrong with calling out 2% of the population for being over represented in certain areas that subvert and undermine western society?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, ExpectoPatronum said:

44 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Welcome ExpectoPatronum,

Thanks,

Matt

pretty much this.

We joke around a lot to keep the laughter up and our hearts strong.

28 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

What is wrong with calling out 2% of the population for being over represented in certain areas that subvert and undermine western society?

You guys had to bring it up. 

Shaking my h.

This might be the first thread where so many posts have a downvote or more. Usually one or two posts have dv buut this thread is special.

"During this time, we will be stopping the clocks on your Premium so it is not wasted"

Yeah, I know its not your fault, but I did pay for Premium and my expectation is that I get to use it

This is now the second time this week, where I actually had time to play that I cant because I get disconnected

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Farbon Ciber said:

"During this time, we will be stopping the clocks on your Premium so it is not wasted"

Yeah, I know its not your fault, but I did pay for Premium and my expectation is that I get to use it

This is now the second time this week, where I actually had time to play that I cant because I get disconnected

You expect to be able to use your premium. . .?

IN APB?!

1 hour ago, killerskull said:

This might be the first thread where so many posts have a downvote or more. Usually one or two posts have dv buut this thread is special.

a certain dingus dongus up above apparently wants the community to come together and either mourn silently or track down a ddoser, i cant really tell tbh

5 hours ago, MattScott said:

Welcome ExpectoPatronum,

Thanks,

Matt

Not sure if I like your attitude m9 🤔

Thank you matt, very cool, but I'll get my uncle, who cleans the CEO's toilet at MICROSOFT, to BAN these DDoS baddies o9 you guys just wait

Edited by _chain

6 hours ago, MattScott said:

Welcome ExpectoPatronum,

Thanks,

Matt

Hahaha best post I have red in past couple of months. Made me lol.

This community is pure "gold" or "tra*h", depends how you look at it

1 minute ago, wHisHi said:

Hahaha best post I have red in past couple of months. Made me lol.

This community is pure "gold" or "tra*h", depends how you look at it

why cant it be somewhere in the middle

23 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

why cant it be somewhere in the middle

• Like 1