Sign in to follow this  
Westford

Repost - Marksmanship mode bug

This is a Re-post from:

Marksman Mode Bug

05/30/2018

11/05/2016

Marksmanship mode bug

https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/401176-marksmanship-mode-bug/?hl=%2Bmarksmanship+%2Bbug#entry4434944

Old Forums......

03/29/2016

Getting thrown out of marksmanship mode ...

https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/395216-getting-thrown-out-of-marksmanship-mode/?hl=%2Bmarksmanship+%2Bbug#entry4322622

Old Forums......

01/24/2015

wierd bug.......

https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/374086-wierd-bug/?hl=%2Bmarksmanship+%2Bbug#entry3962860

Old Forums......

06/19/2013

Character bugged out help ASAP please!

https://steamcommunity.com/app/113400/discussions/0/846956740586067858/?l=german

Steam Discussion

09/19/2012

Marksmanship Mode Bug:

https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/298049-marksmanship-mode-bug/

Old Forums......

I have been experienced this bug for the last few months. (2018), and periodically over the last few years..

Usually, this issue is resolved after a "Patch Update".

This is no longer the case.

Issue:

When pressing "Right Mouse Button" (RMB) to go into Marksmanship mode (as a toggle)

when aiming in on Opposition, Marksmanship mode toggles back to "Standard View" ..

This does NOT happen when aiming & shooting at NPC's ...   ie civilians ...  only opposition.

"Flippy-Flop"......   as the user battles the "zoom-out"  bug , back and forth, re-pressing the RMB to obtain Marksmanship mode.

Marksmanship mode cannot be maintained..

Changing the Marksmanship mode from "Toggle" to "Hold" does help a bit,   but only for a short while,

as the "un-Zoom" /No-Marksmanship mode battle continues.

Question:

The posts that have been submitted in the APB Forum/Bug section,

are these "Defects" entered into the LO's support system for follow up ,

or .........

Should users SKIP the Forum/Bug sub forum, and move directly to the support system for traceability ... ?

@MattScott

@Lixil

BTW: @MattScott still gotta a brother, they call him @MattScot

Edited by Westford

BTW:

I did uninstall/reinstall the game.

Also ran a registry cleaner ....

Did not work ...

Edited by Westford

just stop pressing shift when you aim , simple as that

If you press the sprint button while aiming it will siply kick you out of marskmanship mode , that's why it doesn't happen against civilians , either because you're not in the tention of the fight or not moving

BUT , if you have shift pressed and aim while keeping shift pressed i will not kick you out , but let'as say you don't properly hold shift while fireing  (because of the heat of the fight) you might acidentally unpress shift for a few miliseconds and might end up in you pressing it again , thus kicking you out of the marksmanship mode .

or it could be your keyboard that as a very bad anti ghosting feature / worn keys.

And please before responding , try those scenarios yourself .

Edited by Ketog

Oh! By the way, found one myself while grinding on Beacon, which you just reminded me.

You had to die while in marksmanship (also tilting to one side?) AND right when the round ended, cam would get stuck into the marksmanship zoom (of the last weapon used before the end of rounds. I can't tell if the weapon had anything to do with it, but i doubt it.) without actually ads-ing

You would then spawn with the camera awkwardly tilted and zoomed over one shoulder, which would then zoom out while sprinting and climbing ladders and then returning to the awkward position, and only returning to a normal position when respawning after a round start. 

Had this happen a couple of times by chance,  but if i were to recreate it intentionally i doubt i'd pull it off. 

To me it happens also with nades…. since i bid them to mouse 4 sometimes also if i keep holding the button, my character throws the nade anyway, ending throwing my own nade on my own feet like an idiot 😑

2 hours ago, _chain said:

Oh! By the way, found one myself while grinding on Beacon, which you just reminded me.

You had to die while in marksmanship (also tilting to one side?) AND right when the round ended, cam would get stuck into the marksmanship zoom (of the last weapon used before the end of rounds. I can't tell if the weapon had anything to do with it, but i doubt it.) without actually ads-ing

You would then spawn with the camera awkwardly tilted and zoomed over one shoulder, which would then zoom out while sprinting and climbing ladders and then returning to the awkward position, and only returning to a normal position when respawning after a round start. 

Had this happen a couple of times by chance,  but if i were to recreate it intentionally i doubt i'd pull it off. 

That happens not because you died, but because the gamemode took your weapon away when you were in marksmanship mode.

On 1/4/2019 at 12:09 AM, Ketog said:

just stop pressing shift when you aim , simple as that

If you press the sprint button while aiming it will siply kick you out of marskmanship mode , that's why it doesn't happen against civilians , either because you're not in the tention of the fight or not moving

BUT , if you have shift pressed and aim while keeping shift pressed i will not kick you out , but let'as say you don't properly hold shift while fireing  (because of the heat of the fight) you might acidentally unpress shift for a few miliseconds and might end up in you pressing it again , thus kicking you out of the marksmanship mode .

or it could be your keyboard that as a very bad anti ghosting feature / worn keys.

And please before responding , try those scenarios yourself .

I thought that I may have been pressing the SHIFT key periodically over the years.

So I logged into the Financial Server to test this out.

No OPP, just aiming at NPC’s.

( I was incorrect when I stated "This does NOT happen when aiming & shooting at NPC's ...   ie civilians ...  only opposition." )

Apparently this bug is prevalent when just aiming.

·         Not moving

·         Crouch mode

·         Not strafing Left or Right

·         No Shift Key pressed

·         Just looking around

It looks like I should submit a support ticket ...

Thanks for the input.

Edited by Westford

13 hours ago, Westford said:

I thought that I may have been pressing the SHIFT key periodically over the years.

So I logged into the Financial Server to test this out.

No OPP, just aiming at NPC’s.

( I was incorrect when I stated "This does NOT happen when aiming & shooting at NPC's ...   ie civilians ...  only opposition." )

Apparently this bug is prevalent when just aiming.

·         Not moving

·         Crouch mode

·         Not strafing Left or Right

·         No Shift Key pressed

·         Just looking around

It looks like I should submit a support ticket ...

Thanks for the input.

That's very very weird, i've never had this bug once, neither did i knew someone that had it , im pretty sure i can't help you from now , but could i know which mouse you're using ?

2 minutes ago, Ketog said:

That's very very weird, i've never had this bug once, neither did i knew someone that had it , im pretty sure i can't help you from now , but could i know which mouse you're using ?

i had the same issue with two of my mice as they were getting older, none with new ones.

3 minutes ago, neophobia said:

i had the same issue with two of my mice as they were getting older, none with new ones.

Reminds me of a keyboard that had a togglable response time , and when changing it it was doing the same but with the keyboard , (basically pressing Wx1000 in a second , instead of continuously pressing W) , as you said this might be due to the mouse being old and using a different response time and being incompatible with the engine .

it could be loads of stuff honestly , some older RAT mouses simulates clicks  for their extra buttons and doesn't work with anticheats or do some weird bugs like both the original function of the key and the modified one happening .

Let's see what hardware OP's running .

Looks to me like the switch on your mouse is dying, when you hold RMB it's actuating several times. There IS a bug where you unmarksman randomly, but that's not what's happening to you here.

I do have an older mouse.

Microsoft USB IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0

This issue has been happening to me off an on for a few years in this game alone.

Will experience the issue for a few weeks, and usually after an APB update, the issue is corrected.

No problems for months, and then the issue comes back.

I don't know if DDOS mitigation could be a factor.

When I 1st had this issue, I thought that the RMB was faulty, and time for a new mouse.

But when playing another game that uses RMB to zoom in, never a problem, only this game.

I'll get a new mouse and see if that resolves the issue.

EDIT:

I tried a wireless mouse that I had laying around, and RMB was working as intended.

Odd that the RMB would intermittently fail like that.

Time for a new mouse.

Thanks

Edited by Westford

If you can solder you can just replace the switches. I did that on my G400 and it clicks like new again.

that video looks like a mouse hardware issue, but there really is a marksmanship bug that untoggles you from marksmanship mode. i've experienced it before, it's rare. it just acts like you released RMB, that's it. you gotta re-aim to fix the bug.