Nitronik

I made a scope for the RSA Hunter, check it out

I always thought the gun was honestly kinda lame, so I found out a lot of the texture is unused and added a scope on top of it. Yay!

NQyNCZ0.pngAxexzCE.png

• Like 12

I agree with this motion, makes sense to have a high powered scope on a supposed long-range revolver

Looks cool, too bad it hits like spit past 70m

This would be great, thank you.  Right now this gun is fun to use, but it's just so damn ugly with that zebra skin.  If we could have it updated with this scope and enable skins for it, that would be awesome.  I'd love to see the chrome skin on this.

7 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

This would be great, thank you.  Right now this gun is fun to use, but it's just so damn ugly with that zebra skin.  If we could have it updated with this scope and enable skins for it, that would be awesome.  I'd love to see the chrome skin on this.

Can you imagine that happening? 😳

I haven't painted the skin RGB mask for the scope yet... wouldn't take long to wing it, but I have no access to what would let me manipulate the end-results you'd see ingame

Edited by Nitronik

If this were implemented, I might actually use one to be all

7nLWdzk.gif

• Like 3

looks like the blackops 4 revolver with the scope

18 minutes ago, Nitronik said:

Can you imagine that happening? 😳

It'd be awesome for sure, but I don't know what LO's policies are regarding community collaboration.  I know G1 was against it, but maybe LO is a little more open about that sorta thing.  It is an asset made from their own assets after all.

27 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Was it harder or easier making it as blocky as the rest of APB?

ironically it was harder, since I had to fit a lot of detail into even more limited UV space, all while trying to make such spike-y edges look round--

25 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

It'd be awesome for sure, but I don't know what LO's policies are regarding community collaboration.  I know G1 was against it, but maybe LO is a little more open about that sorta thing.  It is an asset made from their own assets after all.

I made the scope all on my own 🤔 but I reckon the pistol was indeed made by them. Whoops! 😳

Edited by Nitronik

now make a holographic reflex sight, gun accessories aren’t allowed to make sense in apb

Edited by BXNNXD
added stuff
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

now make a holographic reflex sight, gun accessories aren’t allowed to make sense in apb

Has to be either/or . I'm tired otherwise I'd take you up on that.

I have no idea what GamersFirst were thinking giving HMS to a gun without a scope... We already had the Act Gold Marksman.

1 hour ago, Nitronik said:

I always thought the gun was honestly kinda lame, so I found out a lot of the texture is unused and added a scope on top of it. Yay!

Do like it.

1 hour ago, BrandonBranderson said:

ugly with that zebra skin

Nooo keep the zebra skin (at least as an option 😊 ).

45 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Some ideas for further improvement...

Client side laser aiming point.... that would be kinda amazing. (client side so ppl wont see you aiming)

yGsnAHb.png

^3.5? 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like the concept idea and have wondered about this myself.

Also as constructive criticism I have to point out a few inaccuracies.

1 scopes for revolvers tend to not go past half way on the barrel due to balance issues.  (there are exceptions like a .50 caliber dirty harry style revolver)

2 the mounting part itself is normally around the cylinder or slightly to the front if it and normally the same size as the cylinder.

I offer the criticism  in hopes that you can pursue this path and improve designs whether it be APB or something else in design.

Where would we be without the artwork in games? Thank you.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

1 scopes for revolvers tend to not go past half way on the barrel due to balance issues.  (there are exceptions like a .50 caliber dirty harry style revolver)

2 the mounting part itself is normally around the cylinder or slightly to the front if it and normally the same size as the cylinder.

I offer the criticism  in hopes that you can pursue this path and improve designs whether it be APB or something else in design.

Thank you - for this specific project I actually found references of the scope being attached to the venting ribs themselves, as for number 1 that's something I'll absolutely keep in mind for the future

12 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

The RSA is a Colt Anaconda

Here's an Anaconda with a scope mounted

ktI2Ffo.jpg?1

1 minute ago, Knite said:

ktI2Ffo.jpg?1

Not being a gun person myself, I wonder... How far out can you effectively hit targets with a gun like that?

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Not being a gun person myself, I wonder... How far out can you effectively hit targets with a gun like that?

It's easy enough to hit targets at 100yds without optics; Hickok45 does it frequently on his YouTube channel. Typically, large bore revolvers with optics mounted on them are used for handgun hunting, where the scope makes it much easier to acquire your target.

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

How far out can you effectively hit targets with a gun like that?

i doubt you could use it accurately past 500 yards even with a lot of experience

2 minutes ago, Knite said:

ktI2Ffo.jpg?1

That's why I also mentioned there are exceptions.

Thanks for pointing out the details for people.

43 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Oh hey, that's very interesting. Thanks for posting that!

ftfy

44 minutes ago, Knite said:

You can do 500yds without optics if the wind is calm enough and you're experienced enough with your firearm. There's a guy who can do 500 yds with a 1911

y27s2pm.png

Holy shit, that's freaking impressive.