MattScott

State of the Game: Fallen Earth 12/31/2018

On 1/30/2019 at 9:15 AM, Aroa Croft said:

you did not play in 2011, so I do not think you know what "fallen earth" means, its factions and the reasons that it gave to be an addictive game.

If the game was as you say, people would not have escaped the game, making it a game less than 50 people online. The "anticheat" is something that caused people who habitually pve, not to make the jump pvp. I do not know if you understand that doing pvp in a pvp game without anticheat is simply making the idiot and more when a player "uploaded a cheat to youtube showing it in the game" (it was very funny those times that some said that cheats did not exist). that there were gms 24 hours watching like mice ...)

The reality is in the numbers, of which you do not give many explanations.

If you want to laugh about my experiment, laugh. But already in advance I tell you that all those people that I invited came from the fallout 76 (not random games), I mean they were looking for this and have left since this does not offer to be a post apocalyptic mpg Morpg that attracts people. I stay that at least mattscot has played and seen a minimum part of the game, the first and second map (the best) and although I hope it makes that art that we all hope ... with anticheat I hope, if you want let the pvp continue.

You seem to not grasp the fundermental aspect that FE is both a PVE and PVP game. Not everyone will go and PVP because they just don't enjoy it. It isn't you MUST PVP, it is a choice and for a lot of players this choice means they never, ever PVP. BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE ANY PVP GAMES, or hate the PVP mechanics in FE. And that is fine, because it is their choice on how they play, not the simple minded PVP nerds that think everyone should flag up just for their entertainment.

When I started has no bearing on the fact my statement was true. People do not think FE is garbage because of no anticheat. Anticheat will not stop people calling others botters. Anticheat will not make others PVP. Anticheat will NOT draw people in. Stating the people you got to try FE played FO 76 means absolutely nothing. That game is so plagued with problems it isn't funny. These 2 games are NOT something you can even compare. Having an anticheat would not of kept those of your little 'social experiment' in FE. They tested it and found the game wasn't for them. The end.

Once again you fail to understand the basic discussion being had. FE is not for everyone and installing an anticheat will NOT help anything. You will still get those that lack the skill, the gear, the build, the luck on the day calling others cheaters regardless.

So stop clogging up the forums, the chats in FE with your demands because that is all anyone sees from you. We all know what you want. LO know what you want so now its ok to give it a rest.

• Thanks 2

On 1/29/2019 at 11:15 PM, Aroa Croft said:

you did not play in 2011, so I do not think you know what "fallen earth" means, its factions and the reasons that it gave to be an addictive game.

If the game was as you say, people would not have escaped the game, making it a game less than 50 people online. The "anticheat" is something that caused people who habitually pve, not to make the jump pvp. I do not know if you understand that doing pvp in a pvp game without anticheat is simply making the idiot and more when a player "uploaded a cheat to youtube showing it in the game" (it was very funny those times that some said that cheats did not exist). that there were gms 24 hours watching like mice ...)

The reality is in the numbers, of which you do not give many explanations.

If you want to laugh about my experiment, laugh. But already in advance I tell you that all those people that I invited came from the fallout 76 (not random games), I mean they were looking for this and have left since this does not offer to be a post apocalyptic mpg Morpg that attracts people. I stay that at least mattscot has played and seen a minimum part of the game, the first and second map (the best) and although I hope it makes that art that we all hope ... with anticheat I hope, if you want let the pvp continue.

Aroa your plan wont work. The game is okay, it does needs some fixes, but going back to 2011 certainly wont work. It will just cut the game and will feel more empty and there would be a lot less to do.

The newer maps are actually pretty nice.they only need a buff or there should only be certains mats at those maps to make it more interesting to go there.

The armor and weapons are actually decently balanced (of course it always could be better balanced). It only lacks some variation, but that's no reason to go back to 2011.

The factions are still the same, it's just that players care less about factions and became more clan focused.

About the anti cheat. I think Matt already said a few times a better anti cheat is on its way. Don't forget it's very easy to set your settings on low reso and hit easier. What 50% of the people might do which you claim whom are cheaters. Also don't forget the majority of the cheaters used to be on your side! 🙂

On 2/1/2019 at 1:33 AM, Dracio said:

You seem to not grasp the fundermental aspect that FE is both a PVE and PVP game. Not everyone will go and PVP because they just don't enjoy it. It isn't you MUST PVP, it is a choice and for a lot of players this choice means they never, ever PVP. BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE ANY PVP GAMES, or hate the PVP mechanics in FE. And that is fine, because it is their choice on how they play, not the simple minded PVP nerds that think everyone should flag up just for their entertainment.

When I started has no bearing on the fact my statement was true. People do not think FE is garbage because of no anticheat. Anticheat will not stop people calling others botters. Anticheat will not make others PVP. Anticheat will NOT draw people in. Stating the people you got to try FE played FO 76 means absolutely nothing. That game is so plagued with problems it isn't funny. These 2 games are NOT something you can even compare. Having an anticheat would not of kept those of your little 'social experiment' in FE. They tested it and found the game wasn't for them. The end.

Once again you fail to understand the basic discussion being had. FE is not for everyone and installing an anticheat will NOT help anything. You will still get those that lack the skill, the gear, the build, the luck on the day calling others cheaters regardless.

So stop clogging up the forums, the chats in FE with your demands because that is all anyone sees from you. We all know what you want. LO know what you want so now its ok to give it a rest.

In my opinion, your arguments are totally false and lack of game experience.

You should understand that when any game has pvp (to a greater or lesser extent), it should have a protection system. I do not question you that if the game was totally pve I would not need anticheat, but that is not the case.

Bringing people from Fallout 76 to try this means more than you can believe, since they are people who were looking for "What the game announces" and have gone frustrated since they do not see the announcement. If you bring people who do not seek this and it does not matter, since they may not be looking for "this", there is a big difference.

Look, I'm not here to argue with anyone, but the reality is that a lot of people have stopped playing because someone released the information that the game did not have anticheat (which is true).

Currently nobody makes pvp and will not return until the game has anticheat. Understanding fallen earth without pvp is impossible, given that the game has factions, wars, survival and was created with pvp orientation.

Although I do not know any game with pvp that does not have anticheat.

Honestly, I do not understand why you do not want the game to have anticheat, it would be something to investigate ; D

On 2/1/2019 at 5:33 AM, PraiseTheSun said:

Aroa your plan wont work. The game is okay, it does needs some fixes, but going back to 2011 certainly wont work. It will just cut the game and will feel more empty and there would be a lot less to do.

The newer maps are actually pretty nice.they only need a buff or there should only be certains mats at those maps to make it more interesting to go there.

The armor and weapons are actually decently balanced (of course it always could be better balanced). It only lacks some variation, but that's no reason to go back to 2011.

The factions are still the same, it's just that players care less about factions and became more clan focused.

About the anti cheat. I think Matt already said a few times a better anti cheat is on its way. Don't forget it's very easy to set your settings on low reso and hit easier. What 50% of the people might do which you claim whom are cheaters. Also don't forget the majority of the cheaters used to be on your side! 🙂

about returning to 2011 or 2012 is the only thing that occurs to me if the game did not have a strong development in mind in the future. I know that the game would work again, since it has worked in the past, which it does not currently do.

In my opinion the maps s1, s2 and could say s3 are complete (with missions, pvp zones varied). But everything else seems a joke (I include alpha zone and terminal that need a little more love and more missions and bosses), the last map is a rehash (copy and paste).

the weapons and armor are not balanced at all, I suggest you see in the wiki a list all weapons / armor level 55, and you will see that there is an immense variety, although the GT and AP of the last poop patch has made the choice is between these three limited things, why not put with similar stats all things of level 55 to make an election? (check it yourself and look at the wiki)

In my opinion Factions are destroyed, given that the game lacks anticheat and that there is no motivation to fight for them.Factions have always revolved around the pvp, if there are no pvp there are no factions, simple.

On the resolution, they could remove the low parameters, it is something that has been said many times that the game needs (hopefully, it is not so difficult to remove it!)

And about the last thing you said that if any cheater came or not with me, I can not say anything, since I do not know what others do, although you know very well that in the times that I did pvp every day I did not exclude anyone (good in pvp or very bad in pvp), honestly I I was not looking to win or lose, I just wanted everyone who was with me to have a good time and have a reason to enter the game every day.

I have always been very social !!

Edited by Aroa Croft
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aroa Croft said:

In my opinion Factions are destroyed, given that the game lacks anticheat and that there is no motivation to fight for them.Factions have always revolved around the pvp, if there are no pvp there are no factions, simple.

Factions have soooo much more to do with the game then just pvp....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, StubbyClaps said:

Totally agree and anyone that has played FE for some time knows faction lore. The stories are complex and at times somewhat entertaining.

20 hours ago, StubbyClaps said:

The factions have to do more with the "pvp" than with the "pve".

The aura of faction that you receive is for the keep captured in all the pvp territories and not for doing pve missions (this is received by the whole faction).

that I know there is no keep in territories not pvp, or if there are? Like there are certain resources that can only be caught in pvp faction territory.

In my view, there is no sense in a game having factions and that there are no wars, fighting and pvp between the factions.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Aroa Croft said:

The aura of faction that you receive is for the keep captured in all the pvp territories and not for doing pve missions (this is received by the whole faction).

that I know there is no keep in territories not pvp, or if there are? Like there are certain resources that can only be caught in pvp faction territory.

In my view, there is no sense in a game having factions and that there are no wars, fighting and pvp between the factions.

When Factions released long ago, vast majority of it was PVE focused. You could grind to max. Faction reputation through quests and killing other faction's NPC's and so unlock new recipes and items via Faction vendors.  I don't think this ever changed.

PVP stuff was added a later date and I never liked them much due to the horrible imbalance with armor and weapons. I did the instanced PVP stuff now and then, but didn't like that much either.

I really loved the PVE side of things in this game and enjoyed it for many years, including the grind for Faction reputation lol.

People that keep saying to others they haven't been here long enough and don't know the game was always PVP focused. That is simply an outright lie and an insult to the history of this game, just because you have a PVP agenda.

I have been with this game since the Friend & Family alpha, so I have been with the game since the start and seen it all evolve over the years. The game started out as pure PVE focused game and even the first release of Factions was PVE.  Most of the PVP systems were added much later, including Clan PVP and Faction PVP.

merged 

Also to give people a little history lesson about Fallen Earth.

The friend & Family Alpha started back in 2008, with a closed Beta in 2009 and official release in September 2009.

Gamers First didn't take over the game until 2011.  Since some very specific people with PVP agenda like to keep bringing up that they played this game since 2011...well, you missed almost 3 great first years of the game under Icarus, when population was at it's peak and a lot of stuff was happening with the game.

Just saying,

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Aroa Croft said:

1.The factions have to do more with the "pvp" than with the "pve". (- how?🤣 Do you even know the faction lore? go here : https://fallenearth.fandom.com/wiki/Factions and CTRL+F (search for the word "pvp" there.) and then explain me why you think it has to do more with pvp. 

2.The aura of faction that you receive is for the keep captured in all the pvp territories and not for doing pve missions (this is received by the whole faction). -This has only 1% to do with the factions, 99% is about the faction lore(PVE) , why don't you tell about that?)

3.that I know there is no keep in territories not pvp, or if there are? Like there are certain resources that can only be caught in pvp faction territory. (-Again PVP, you are talking only about  the "1 percentage", has nothing to do with the lore.

4.In my view, there is no sense in a game having factions and that there are no wars, fighting and pvp between the factions. (AROA LOGIC, here you tell us that there are "no wars, fighting and pvp between factions," When you told before(1) that factions have to do more with pvp then pve. EDIT: https://fallenearth.fandom.com/wiki/PvP (your "1 Percentage")

giphy.webp

Edited by Viscera

On 2/3/2019 at 9:25 AM, Aroa Croft said:

You have to understand this game is much more than a pvp salt field....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/3/2019 at 8:39 PM, Jeronan said:

When Factions released long ago, vast majority of it was PVE focused. You could grind to max. Faction reputation through quests and killing other faction's NPC's and so unlock new recipes and items via Faction vendors.  I don't think this ever changed.

PVP stuff was added a later date and I never liked them much due to the horrible imbalance with armor and weapons. I did the instanced PVP stuff now and then, but didn't like that much either.

I really loved the PVE side of things in this game and enjoyed it for many years, including the grind for Faction reputation lol.

People that keep saying to others they haven't been here long enough and don't know the game was always PVP focused. That is simply an outright lie and an insult to the history of this game, just because you have a PVP agenda.

I have been with this game since the Friend & Family alpha, so I have been with the game since the start and seen it all evolve over the years. The game started out as pure PVE focused game and even the first release of Factions was PVE.  Most of the PVP systems were added much later, including Clan PVP and Faction PVP.

merged 

Also to give people a little history lesson about Fallen Earth.

The friend & Family Alpha started back in 2008, with a closed Beta in 2009 and official release in September 2009.

Gamers First didn't take over the game until 2011.  Since some very specific people with PVP agenda like to keep bringing up that they played this game since 2011...well, you missed almost 3 great first years of the game under Icarus, when population was at it's peak and a lot of stuff was happening with the game.

Just saying,

It is true that the game was launched in September 2009, but it is FULLY  FALSE what you say, since the game has had pvp since its inception. As I know that in vain words you can not convince anyone I show you a video (see the publication date)    PUBLICATION DATE 02/10/2009 ( the video of the "lesson")

I'm not going to answer everything else you write, since they are your opinions / personal experiences and I do not get there but I think the video clarifies everything (clan name under the name, pvp, faction ....)

JUST SAYING  ;D ( As far as I know, YOU CAN NOT MODIFY THE DATE OF PUBLICATION on youtube)

On 2/3/2019 at 9:10 PM, Viscera said:

1.The factions have to do more with the "pvp" than with the "pve". (- how?🤣 Do you even know the faction lore? go here : https://fallenearth.fandom.com/wiki/Factions and CTRL+F (search for the word "pvp" there.) and then explain me why you think it has to do more with pvp. 

2.The aura of faction that you receive is for the keep captured in all the pvp territories and not for doing pve missions (this is received by the whole faction). -This has only 1% to do with the factions, 99% is about the faction lore(PVE) , why don't you tell about that?)

3.that I know there is no keep in territories not pvp, or if there are? Like there are certain resources that can only be caught in pvp faction territory. (-Again PVP, you are talking only about  the "1 percentage", has nothing to do with the lore.

4.In my view, there is no sense in a game having factions and that there are no wars, fighting and pvp between the factions. (AROA LOGIC, here you tell us that there are "no wars, fighting and pvp between factions," When you told before(1) that factions have to do more with pvp then pve. EDIT: https://fallenearth.fandom.com/wiki/PvP (your "1 Percentage")

giphy.webp

you call yourself a fool, saying that the pvp is one percent of the game, so much so that I do not need to answer you.

the only 1 percent here is your intelligence

mwo,x1000,ipad_2_snap-pad,750x1000,f8f8f

13 hours ago, StubbyClaps said:

You have to understand this game is much more than a pvp salt field....

I do not say the opposite.

It is more I like the pve, but I already did all the missions / bosses offered by the game, being the pvp the only thing that motivates me to continue entering the game, honestly.

Edited by Aroa Croft
  • Thanks 1

All it had was a PVP toggle for people that wanted it and a few PVP flagged scrapyards which were hardly used. It didn't had any unique resources (just more concentrated as incentive) that could only be gotten from there (or there would have been hell on forums if it were the case).

It was just there for the people that wanted some PVP and that's it. They really didn't put much effort in it and was buggy like hell, like in beginning people couldn't turn off the PVP toggle when accidently entering the area (wasn't really marked well) and log out of the game.

I have been in and out of those scrapyards so many times during that time, harvesting resources without any PVP action. Often people just came in there to harvest themselves.

The first two years after launch were pure PVE focused, with fixing most pressing issues in the game, adding the Clan system so people could actually form clans in the game. Adding the Tier2 and Tier3 zones, beyond Plateau. After that they started working on the Factions system and implementing that, which was again PVE only at start. The only way to gain faction reputation was killing other factions NPC's in the beginning. It was quite a hefty grind (still ingrained in my brain lol). 

Then after that they started working on player housing and revamping the starter areas to help new players settle in better.

Then, when all that was done, the game still bleed subscribers due to Icarus having trouble stabilizing the game, fixing issues, still lack of endgame (Icarus unfortunately had no clue how to make interesting group content in form with dungeons, lairs, etc.  If Icarus had one weak point it was that sadly). The NPC AI was also not really impressive and still isn't.

So as last resort they starting revamping the starter zones again, this time a lot of stuff was revamped within the Plateau zone, with more quests, more fleshed out NPC factions, etc. and adding the Blood Sports instanced PVP stuff.

While the small group of diehard PVP people were happy with it, a lot of people weren't and quit the game. Since they felt Icarus had the wrong priorities, especially after Lee Hammock left in 2010.  Suddenly focusing on Blood Sports PVP, instead of continue to fix the game, performance issues, lack of endgame, etc.

There were a few dedicated PVP clans that tried hard to get any PVP action going between eachother, declaring war on eachother (in Roleplaying sense), but they were in minority. Due to the horrible imbalance in game with armor and weapons, there was too much griefing going on, with low lifes exploiting, hacking, etc.

It's one of the reasons I never toggled myself for PVP anymore, never bothered and avoided it like the plague.....like many others.

--------------------------------------

Now...don't get me wrong. There is PVP in this game and it has it's place and obviously there are people that enjoy it (if fixed and with proper anti-cheat) even I might try it from time to time.

But the core of the game is the open skill system with a very strong focus on crafting, the ability to make everything yourself in the game. The vast majority of players enjoy this aspect of the game and always have. Together with it's unique Post Apocalyptic setting, it's what makes this game fantastic!

As long as the new server with revamped game keeps that core experience intact, keeps the Faction system the way it is, so PVE players can still progress as is, etc.

Then I have absolutely no problem with PVP being in the game as well.    You have the PVP flagged scrapyards, the Faction PVP enabled areas (Capture the Fort), etc. All which can be a lot of PVP fun (especially the Faction forts) when Blue Orbit manages to get cheating and hacking under control!

I don't even mind that there is an imbalance with armor and weapons, it's how its suppose to be in this game, since it's an MMORPG!  Without this imbalance the core gameplay would fall apart ( crafting, progress, desire to get higher tier recipes for better armor and weapons, etc).

In the end, all I wanted to do is put the record straight and put the history of the game in perspective!  Under Lee Hammock, the game direction was very much PVE focused.  Most PVP stuff was added after he left. Which really hurt the future of the game and made a lot of people quit (including me).

PS. And that last picture you posted. You are a perfect example why this game would actually be much better off without any PVP!

There would be no need for anti-cheat! No drama! No toxic atmosphere in game!  No PVE vs PVP fights on the forum and in the game. Etc.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jeronan said:

All it had was a PVP toggle for people that wanted it and a few PVP flagged scrapyards which were hardly used. It didn't had any unique resources (just more concentrated as incentive) that could only be gotten from there (or there would have been hell on forums if it were the case).

It was just there for the people that wanted some PVP and that's it. They really didn't put much effort in it and was buggy like hell, like in beginning people couldn't turn off the PVP toggle when accidently entering the area (wasn't really marked well) and log out of the game.

I have been in and out of those scrapyards so many times during that time, harvesting resources without any PVP action. Often people just came in there to harvest themselves.

The first two years after launch were pure PVE focused, with fixing most pressing issues in the game, adding the Clan system so people could actually form clans in the game. Adding the Tier2 and Tier3 zones, beyond Plateau. After that they started working on the Factions system and implementing that, which was again PVE only at start. The only way to gain faction reputation was killing other factions NPC's in the beginning. It was quite a hefty grind (still ingrained in my brain lol). 

Then after that they started working on player housing and revamping the starter areas to help new players settle in better.

Then, when all that was done, the game still bleed subscribers due to Icarus having trouble stabilizing the game, fixing issues, still lack of endgame (Icarus unfortunately had no clue how to make interesting group content in form with dungeons, lairs, etc.  If Icarus had one weak point it was that sadly). The NPC AI was also not really impressive and still isn't.

So as last resort they starting revamping the starter zones again, this time a lot of stuff was revamped within the Plateau zone, with more quests, more fleshed out NPC factions, etc. and adding the Blood Sports instanced PVP stuff.

While the small group of diehard PVP people were happy with it, a lot of people weren't and quit the game. Since they felt Icarus had the wrong priorities, especially after Lee Hammock left in 2010.  Suddenly focusing on Blood Sports PVP, instead of continue to fix the game, performance issues, lack of endgame, etc.

There were a few dedicated PVP clans that tried hard to get any PVP action going between eachother, declaring war on eachother (in Roleplaying sense), but they were in minority. Due to the horrible imbalance in game with armor and weapons, there was too much griefing going on, with low lifes exploiting, hacking, etc.

It's one of the reasons I never toggled myself for PVP anymore, never bothered and avoided it like the plague.....like many others.

--------------------------------------

Now...don't get me wrong. There is PVP in this game and it has it's place and obviously there are people that enjoy it (if fixed and with proper anti-cheat) even I might try it from time to time.

But the core of the game is the open skill system with a very strong focus on crafting, the ability to make everything yourself in the game. The vast majority of players enjoy this aspect of the game and always have. Together with it's unique Post Apocalyptic setting, it's what makes this game fantastic!

As long as the new server with revamped game keeps that core experience intact, keeps the Faction system the way it is, so PVE players can still progress as is, etc.

Then I have absolutely no problem with PVP being in the game as well.    You have the PVP flagged scrapyards, the Faction PVP enabled areas (Capture the Fort), etc. All which can be a lot of PVP fun (especially the Faction forts) when Blue Orbit manages to get cheating and hacking under control!

I don't even mind that there is an imbalance with armor and weapons, it's how its suppose to be in this game, since it's an MMORPG!  Without this imbalance the core gameplay would fall apart ( crafting, progress, desire to get higher tier recipes for better armor and weapons, etc).

In the end, all I wanted to do is put the record straight and put the history of the game in perspective!  Under Lee Hammock, the game direction was very much PVE focused.  Most PVP stuff was added after he left. Which really hurt the future of the game and made a lot of people quit (including me).

2 hours ago, Jeronan said:

PS. And that last picture you posted. You are a perfect example why this game would actually be much better off without any PVP!

There would be no need for anti-cheat! No drama! No toxic atmosphere in game!  No PVE vs PVP fights on the forum and in the game. Etc.

As I have shown you in that Youtube video (uploaded on 02/10/2009), the PVP / clans / factions have been from the beginning, to a greater or lesser extent.

To say that from the beginning the game has been pure "pve" is simply to lie since the game contained the pvp ingredient to the same extent that it now has it. Obviously they have been adding maps, new weapons, but that has nothing to do with the issue we are developing.

I tell you, this is not a race between the pvp and the pve in a game, since the game combines the two, and therefore it is a "unique" game.

Personally I tell you that the pvp does not create "drama" and does not create a "toxic atmosphere", but rather it is the lack of "security" that creates the aforementioned.

It has no explanation that a game, that has pvp, does not have anticheat, or does it have it?  that's where drama and toxicity come from.

ps. I put the photo because that person gives me the same ridiculous photo when he answers me, I think he has already done it two or three times, that everything has an explanation.

Edited by Aroa Croft

PvP is a big part of the game. I think PvP used to be a reason a lot of people played. A lot of people also play for the RP and PvE, don't get me wrong.

I think what people mean to say @Aroa Croft, we've heard your ideas over and over again. We get it and we know what you want.

As Matt said he doesn't know yet what he'll exactly do, he's waiting the new engine + code and sees from there. Let's just wait and see okay? 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not sure PVP is that big in FE since you see the PVP nerds log in, fight for a bit and log out until the following day or so, yet the PVE players are all still there hrs later and make up most of the player base. just saying....

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Cpt. Beer said:

PvP is a big part of the game. I think PvP used to be a reason a lot of people played. A lot of people also play for the RP and PvE, don't get me wrong.

I think what people mean to say @Aroa Croft, we've heard your ideas over and over again. We get it and we know what you want.

As Matt said he doesn't know yet what he'll exactly do, he's waiting the new engine + code and sees from there. Let's just wait and see okay? 🙂

Lee Hammock's original vision of the game was a PVE only sandbox game.

That's why PVP features were literally barebones at launch. Since there was a vocal minority in the beta that wanted PVP in the game, so they added a PVP toggle and a few scrapyard zones in Plateau that flagged you for PVP when you entered, where people could hide behind scrap and shoot at each other. Which is what is shown in that 2009 youtube video.

Unfortunately Lee Hammock left in early 2010 and not much of his vision got executed anymore, since the new director had an urgent need to suddenly put his own stamp on the game, alienating the community who bought the game, paid the monthly sub to support what Lee Hammock envisioned for the game and got fed up with Icarus new direction that started adding more and more PVP features (like Faction PVP and Blood Sports), while leaving a ton of issues and bugs in the PVE part of the game untouched. We were still waiting for better clan features. We were still waiting for improved NPC AI. We were still waiting for Endgame content. Etc. Etc.

So after Lee Hammock left and the sudden shift in focus, there was literally an exodus of people leaving the game. Hence, Icarus got into financial trouble due to dropping sub numbers and had to sell out to Gamers First. Who turned it into a F2P Pay2Win game with loot boxes. That was the moment I left and gave up on the game.

What I at least hope for Little Orbit to do, if they manage to relaunch the game on a new engine, to at least remove the Pay 2 Win aspects out of the game, like those horrible loot boxes and create a better monetization model around cosmetics only and just one F2P option and one Subscription option.

I am fine with that F2P get lower crafting and gathering speeds and have some chat restrictions and that when you subscribe get the normal craft and gathering speeds and some cash shop currency each month. I happily pay for a sub each month, as long as they remove Pay 2 Win and loot boxes from the game and manage to fix some of the issues.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Aroa Croft said:

It is true that the game was launched in September 2009, but it is FULLY  FALSE what you say, since the game has had pvp since its inception. As I know that in vain words you can not convince anyone I show you a video (see the publication date)    PUBLICATION DATE 02/10/2009 ( the video of the "lesson")

I'm not going to answer everything else you write, since they are your opinions / personal experiences and I do not get there but I think the video clarifies everything (clan name under the name, pvp, faction ....)

JUST SAYING  ;D ( As far as I know, YOU CAN NOT MODIFY THE DATE OF PUBLICATION on youtube)

you call yourself a fool, saying that the pvp is one percent of the game, so much so that I do not need to answer you.

the only 1 percent here is your intelligence

mwo,x1000,ipad_2_snap-pad,750x1000,f8f8f

I do not say the opposite.

It is more I like the pve, but I already did all the missions / bosses offered by the game, being the pvp the only thing that motivates me to continue entering the game, honestly.

Showing a 2009  video where 1 guy is shaking his spikey clubs all over his opponenent's face isn't telling much, you are just showing to me that pvp existed long ago, which everyone knows here already.  But i am telling you "AGAIN" that the PVP(Your 1 percent) wasn't as great as PVE, see look this video there is only one guy who is pvping against 2-3 others in 2009, you call this pvp? Majority of players back then didn't bother doing pvp, even thesedays in 2019, there aren't much pvpers left . maybe 1 or 2, highest numbers are PVE players and RPers. Make a poll/survey( I heard you like doing "Social Experiments" for Fallen Earth) and you will find out what most people prefer in this game.   I am not against PVPers , since i am also in the "1 percent gang" myself, but i am also doing PVE aswell. 

You tell me that the only 1% is my intelligence, well what about your google translator.I can confirm you are the only one using it in here🤣

,google-translate_o_242803.jpg

Compare that 2009 video, with these 2:

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Cpt. Beer said:

totally agree with you,  I only ask for an anticheat that protects us and makes our time worthwhile to be spent.

4 hours ago, Dracio said:

Not sure PVP is that big in FE since you see the PVP nerds log in, fight for a bit and log out until the following day or so, yet the PVE players are all still there hrs later and make up most of the player base. just saying....

That's what happens now, given that all the people who made pvp in the past have left the game. The usual thing was that the pvp was present 24 hours of the game. The cause, not having anticheat

1 hour ago, Jeronan said:

Lee Hammock's original vision of the game was a PVE only sandbox game.

That's why PVP features were literally barebones at launch. Since there was a vocal minority in the beta that wanted PVP in the game, so they added a PVP toggle and a few scrapyard zones in Plateau that flagged you for PVP when you entered, where people could hide behind scrap and shoot at each other. Which is what is shown in that 2009 youtube video.

Unfortunately Lee Hammock left in early 2010 and not much of his vision got executed anymore, since the new director had an urgent need to suddenly put his own stamp on the game, alienating the community who bought the game, paid the monthly sub to support what Lee Hammock envisioned for the game and got fed up with Icarus new direction that started adding more and more PVP features (like Faction PVP and Blood Sports), while leaving a ton of issues and bugs in the PVE part of the game untouched. We were still waiting for better clan features. We were still waiting for improved NPC AI. We were still waiting for Endgame content. Etc. Etc.

So after Lee Hammock left and the sudden shift in focus, there was literally an exodus of people leaving the game. Hence, Icarus got into financial trouble due to dropping sub numbers and had to sell out to Gamers First. Who turned it into a F2P Pay2Win game with loot boxes. That was the moment I left and gave up on the game.

What I at least hope for Little Orbit to do, if they manage to relaunch the game on a new engine, to at least remove the Pay 2 Win aspects out of the game, like those horrible loot boxes and create a better monetization model around cosmetics only and just one F2P option and one Subscription option.

I am fine with that F2P get lower crafting and gathering speeds and have some chat restrictions and that when you subscribe get the normal craft and gathering speeds and some cash shop currency each month. I happily pay for a sub each month, as long as they remove Pay 2 Win and loot boxes from the game and manage to fix some of the issues.

We do not know the vision of lee hammock, but if the game contains pvp from its beginning, we can not say that it was "totally pve". watching the video, While the name of the clan under the player's name shows that there were clans and their existence, like the factions.

Another thing that I see, is that you see the game as p2w, when in my opinion it is not, although I think it is a game paid for leveling / cracking faster. The pvp and the pve have undergone many changes since the game started, although it is true that developers have "stalled" from their third map, which is in my opinion the last consistent with pve, missions and others. You and I have many points in common, like that should not put pvp, if the game lacks anticheat, the game being totally pve. like many others. Although where I do not share opinion with you is in the "initial" orientation of the game, since in my opinion, it contained values of pvp and pvp, making this game unique by mixing it

27 minutes ago, Viscera said:

Showing a 2009  video where 1 guy is shaking his spikey clubs all over his opponenent's face isn't telling much, you are just showing to me that pvp existed long ago, which everyone knows here already.  But i am telling you "AGAIN" that the PVP(Your 1 percent) wasn't as great as PVE, see look this video there is only one guy who is pvping against 2-3 others in 2009, you call this pvp? Majority of players back then didn't bother doing pvp, even thesedays in 2019, there aren't much pvpers left . maybe 1 or 2, highest numbers are PVE players and RPers. Make a poll/survey( I heard you like doing "Social Experiments" for Fallen Earth) and you will find out what most people prefer in this game.   I am not against PVPers , since i am also in the "1 percent gang" myself, but i am also doing PVE aswell. 

You tell me that the only 1% is my intelligence, well what about your google translator.I can confirm you are the only one using it in here🤣

Compare that 2009 video, with these 2:

( videos pvp?)

I have only shown the pvp, when someone says that pvp does not exist (is it difficult for you to understand that?)

The game is 50% pvp, 50% pve, you can not understand the game without both at the same time. stop saying "bullshoot".

If in the videos that you showed, you take away my old friends andromeda and jasmin, I do not know what would have happened ..... you have a lot to thank and how you started your path in pvp instead of disrespecting those poor people who  tried to teach the newbies.

I tell you the same thing as last time, speak properly and know what you're talking about.

-- Finish--

Edited by Aroa Croft

14 minutes ago, Aroa Croft said:

I have only shown the pvp, when someone says that pvp does not exist (is it difficult for you to understand that?)

The game is 50% pvp, 50% pvc, you can not understand the game without both at the same time. stop saying "bullshoot".

So a PVP toggle and a couple tiny PVP tagged scrapyards at launch made the game 50% PVP and 50% PVE?  Really?  Were you there at 2009?  You clearly were not!

I was there and except for a few small clans that did PVP, the vast majority didn't bother nor enabled the PVP toggle due to constant griefing of said PVP clans.

The scrapyards were void of people most of the time, where I could just walk in, get flagged for PVP and just roam around harvest my heart out without a single PVP encounter.

All you did is googling a youtube video from 2009 and a terrible one at that. Exactly showing how terrible and laughable PVP is in this game.

I seriously cannot phantom how you desperately try to defend PVP in this game, while it's one of the worst PVP experiences of any game I have ever experienced and I have played a lot of games with PVP.

Just slapping a anti-cheat program in front of the game client isn't going to magically fix this.

Faction PVP can have it's moments, since its just zerg versus zerg, like other MMORPG's that offer open world PVP. So the weapon and armor imbalances don't play a huge role.

The core of this game is PVE. While you like it or not. The open skill system, the extensive crafting this game offers, all the quests and roaming around in the Apocalypse. This is what the game was at launch!

It was very barebones and under Lee Hammock, nothing was added PVP wise. All focus was on adding Sector 2 and 3 content, adding Clan functionality, implementing Vaults (and AH came much later) and then Factions ( PVE only at that time ).

It wasn't until Lee Hammock left, that Faction PVP was added and the release of Blood Sports (this was I think just before or around the time Gamersfirst took over if I remember correctly).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Aroa Croft said:

The game is 50% pvp, 50% pve, you can not understand the game without both at the same time. stop saying "bullshoot".

If in the videos that you showed, you take away my old friends andromeda and jasmin, I do not know what would have happened ..... you have a lot to thank and how you started your path in pvp instead of disrespecting those poor people who  tried to teach the newbies.

I tell you the same thing as last time, speak properly and know what you're talking about.

-- Finish--

Disrespecting? Haha, you have clearly no idea who you are talking to right now, Andromedda is a spanish speaking player that started TNO together with me, he also was in Nightmares, i know him much longer then you did. I pvped  and did events together with both Jasmin and Andro for 4+ years. You are the one who is making a fool of yourself without doing research, The time i spent in game, from 2012 till now, i haven't seen you doing much compared to Andro, Jasmin and any other players you dont know about. You have been more active in the forums then you did ingame. I'm not telling "bullshoot" , you are just on denial.

If you don't believe me, why not ask Andro and Jasmin themselves  if you think that i am really disrespecting them , so If you have discord(sent pm through forum) and we'll talk more in a professional way there with the players you think i have disrespected lmao. If i show your previous forum post to them, they will die from laughter, but it's better if you speak to them yourself , i give you that opportunity.

Edited by Viscera

2 hours ago, Viscera said:

Disrespecting? Haha, you have clearly no idea who you are talking to right now, Andromedda is a spanish speaking player that started TNO together with me, he also was in Nightmares, i know him much longer then you did. I pvped  and did events together with both Jasmin and Andro for 4+ years. You are the one who is making a fool of yourself without doing research, The time i spent in game, from 2012 till now, i haven't seen you doing much compared to Andro, Jasmin and any other players you dont know about. You have been more active in the forums then you did ingame. I'm not telling "bullshoot" , you are just on denial.

If you don't believe me, why not ask Andro and Jasmin themselves  if you think that i am really disrespecting them , so If you have discord(sent pm through forum) and we'll talk more in a professional way there with the players you think i have disrespected lmao. If i show your previous forum post to them, they will die from laughter, but it's better if you speak to them yourself , i give you that opportunity.

I do not think this is a forum topic and out of respect I ask you, that you create a topic about talking about past issues and we gladly talk about it.

However, only mention that you are not answering what you are not interested, since I stated that the game had pvp since its inception and I have shown. Although andromeda if it is Spanish-speaking, but it is Latin America belonging to the faction "enforcer" (probably the one that has recruited the most and gave more life to that faction) and Jasmine belongs to lb always, being relevant in that faction since the clan "red alert" was mostly banned (in my opinion unfairly), however I can call those two people "pvpers" because they are and have been social people who have taught people to play and understand the game .

About the other clan that you have spoken to me (nightmare), I just have to say that it is the clan of a player called "mitzy", who has always been of the tech faction and although he himself has shown his "cheat" on screen and was banned for it. (You can see this in the old forums).

For me to understand that you did pvp in 2012 is inexplicable, because I have not seen you and I was one of the people who have always been active (24 hours).

I tell you, again, that you need to speak properly and if you want to continue with the conversation, I invite you to create a new post, I ask this out of respect for the other users of this forum, thank you..

- finish-

Edited by Aroa Croft
- finish-

2 hours ago, Aroa Croft said:

I do not think this is a forum topic and out of respect I ask you, that you create a topic about talking about past issues and we gladly talk about it.

However, only mention that you are not answering what you are not interested, since I stated that the game had pvp since its inception and I have shown. Although andromeda if it is Spanish-speaking, but it is Latin America belonging to the faction "enforcer" (probably the one that has recruited the most and gave more life to that faction) and Jasmine belongs to lb always, being relevant in that faction since the clan "red alert" was mostly banned (in my opinion unfairly), however I can call those two people "pvpers" because they are and have been social people who have taught people to play and understand the game .

About the other clan that you have spoken to me (nightmare), I just have to say that it is the clan of a player called "mitzy", who has always been of the tech faction and although he himself has shown his "cheat" on screen and was banned for it. (You can see this in the old forums).

For me to understand that you did pvp in 2012 is inexplicable, because I have not seen you and I was one of the people who have always been active (24 hours).

I tell you, again, that you need to speak properly and if you want to continue with the conversation, I invite you to create a new post, I ask this out of respect for the other users of this forum, thank you..

- finish-

All i did was responding to your previous post, I didnt brought up or tell any issues from the past did i? 

Enforcer faction grew because of Drallex, not sure you know who that is, but just forget about it and I agree on the part about Jasmin tho, he carried the lb faction in pvp at the end, after RA has lost most of their members back then. 

Yes, i know that Nightmares is founded by Mitzy, but Andro was part of it, that's all i wanted to tell you, i'm glad you see mitzy as a cheater, but again it's the past (No one cares).

I started in 2012, but i did start doing pvp mid 2013 and i do have quite a lot of toons by now.

There is no need to correct the way i speak, all i'm doing is stating facts and i am informing you , So i don't understand why you have something against me, while others are correcting you aswell.

- finish -

Thanks for the updates Matt! And thanks to you and the team for all of your efforts! FE is a great concept and deserves to be a popular game. And it has its chance thanks to the boondoggle Bethesda made of Fallout 76.

FE has a world's worth of content compared to that shell of a game, and immense potential for fun and interesting gameplay. Going to keep watching and supporting the game through this remake, and can't wait to see it reborn!

• Like 1

Moondog Spot here! I last logged on in 2012. Started playing when it was Icarus Studios.  Used to do a lot of PVP open world and Circuit farming ganking. Fun times former Wolves of War, former 10th Mtn officer. I didn't leave due to state of game. I retired and took a long tech free vacation. If this gets rebooted I will be most happy to come back and give it another go.

I dont even remember where I parked my car.

Moondog

2009-2012 good times.