Sign in to follow this  
_chain

|GAME| - chat filter

Our forum has more language restrictions than the game

Edited by _chain

28 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

the forums are pg13 and the game is 18+ 

Many other games have an age restriction of 18, but that doesn't keep them from having a solid chat filter to keep the annoying folks from insulting everyone, among other things. 

PEGI works solely based on game content, so do other companies responsible for this. You can't rate a game based on wether or not people insult,  you should know that. 

I'm suggesting an active chat restriction,  that either blurs the most used offensive words or provides chat bans for a little while, while obviously not restraining me and other players from calling each other, let's say, mentally challenged individuals that can barely sleep one night without drowning in their own saliva. You know. 

It certainly would not hurt to have this and would keep people from calling you a "mentally challenged" ntec noob after they sorely lose. (switched out the R word with the words between quotes, turns out that gets replaced and completely changes the meaning of the phrase, who woulda thunk) 

Edited by _chain

The game has a profanity filter, report function for harassment, and an ignore feature. I honestly think that is more than enough for most situations.

• Like 1

The forum can be viewed by anyone without the need to log into an account and I do not think this part of the GamerFirst site has Age Verification.

In game the NPC say swear words most of the time as explications, You need an account to get in game so why need a chat filter for a game when you're shooting other players?

I have been playing the game off and on for 4years. Last night on Waterfront a civilian walked by my car and I over heard him say this.

"Your wife tried to f@#k me last night". It kinda shocked me there is a ridiculous amount of civie conversations that just funny and crazy. Borderline racist as well.

On 12/31/2018 at 4:50 PM, Leefekyn said:

The game has a profanity filter, report function for harassment, and an ignore feature. I honestly think that is more than enough for most situations.

Or just do what I sometimes do, and turn chat off. 

San Paro suddenly gets a lot less toxic when you do. 

Edited by CookiePuss