MattScott

State of the Game: APB 2018

6 hours ago, Kewlin said:

Except old prices on sale were cheaper still. 0.80 * 0.80 = 0.64, which is greater than 0.50. In order for current prices to be cheaper than old sale prices there would need to be at least a 37.5% discount, (including premium,) but that's still more expensive than old 50% off sales that coincided with any form of rebate. (It's slightly more complicated than that with the arbitrary, poorly executed price rework, but that's the basic version of it.)

Few people bought things without at least a 50% off sale, so I'd say it's hard to say whether ARMAS items are cheaper or not under LO until we see how they handle sales in the future. That said, their black friday sale was far worse than any other black friday sale APB has ever had.

Not including bonuses or anything LO sells 500 G1C for 5 USD, I'm not sure where you got your numbers.

They sell 500G1C for 6.05$.

Before this "20% cheaper G1C"  price change, it was 400G1C for 5.00$.

So for example, buying 4000G1C will cost me 48.40$ instead of 50.00$ (without bonus G1C you get if you buy larger amount of G1C at the same time ).

It means that price is lower for 3.1%. Somebody said 20%? @MattScot

Edited by wHisHi

1 minute ago, wHisHi said:

They sell 500G1C for 6.05$.

Before this "20% cheaper G1C"  price change, it was 400G1C for 5.00$.

So for example, buying 4000G1C will cost me 48.40$ instead of 50.00$ (without bonus G1C you get if you buy larger amount of G1C at the same time ).

It means that price is lower for 3.1%. Somebody said 20%? @MattScot

The only way G1C costs more for anyone than before is through VAT, which has nothing to do with G1.

3871f6d2761514ce89fe21e8e460fef9.png

1 minute ago, Kewlin said:

The only way G1C costs more for anyone than before is through VAT, which has nothing to do with G1.

3871f6d2761514ce89fe21e8e460fef9.png

Im glad that you dont have VAT applied.

I live in Europe, like atleast half of the players, and we pay more $. 

3 hours ago, Kewlin said:

The prices right before LO?

G1 adjusted prices before a couple times and not in a good way.

People I know who used to play noticed it back then and pointed it out to me.

So because of that I am not certain when or what prices you are referring to.

Little Orbit has been adjusting individual item prices as well as the 20% off so I 'm not sure how it wouldn't be better now. *shrugs*

Just now, wHisHi said:

Im glad that you dont have VAT applied.

I live in Europe, like atleast half of the players, and we pay more $. 

I also live in Europe, and I have several payment options, some of which have VAT others don't. Maybe you find the same is true for your country.

G1C.png

• Thanks 1

Hopefully this BR-styled gamemode, gonna be more of Slay Bell style than BR - cause the idea of some group of people battling over 1st place in all-out DM looks all wrong in my head (clan teaming up, carrying, cheating, bug abuse etc. etc.)

1 hour ago, Mitne said:

Hopefully this BR-styled gamemode, gonna be more of Slay Bell style than BR - cause the idea of some group of people battling over 1st place in all-out DM looks all wrong in my head (clan teaming up, carrying, cheating, bug abuse etc. etc.)

Literally applies to any damn game-mode on any damn game out there. (roflcopter)

• Like 2

Really looking forward to the updates for Consoles. I'm hoping it fixes the framerate and freezing issues.

Also, ENFORCER Paramilitary Pack when??? It's the one thing I've been waiting for since the game was ported to console, but to my knowledge it still has not been added to console Armas yet 😞

6 hours ago, Jazeker said:

Literally applies to any damn game-mode on any damn game out there. (roflcopter)

Except that normally in a BR mode you're in a game with random people beside your group. Not having an entirely random lobby could have drastic negative effects.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Little Orbit has been adjusting individual item prices as well as the 20% off so I 'm not sure how it wouldn't be better now. *shrugs*

LO didn't really lower the prices, in fact some items got more expensive. All they did was try to make a unified pricing scheme, which they totally fucked up.

It's pretty easy to do the math to realize that the 50% off the pre-LO prices plus additional ~30% G1C that we've gotten on most black fridays was better than the 40% off a handful of items we got this year. (Note that we get 25% more G1C now than before, so 30% is more than that, and 50% is clearly more than 40%, not to mention the black friday sale this year was only on a few items. On top of that, LO's price changes didn't really lower prices overall much if at all.)

2 hours ago, Kewlin said:

LO didn't really lower the prices, in fact some items got more expensive. All they did was try to make a unified pricing scheme, which they totally fucked up.

It's pretty easy to do the math to realize that the 50% off the pre-LO prices plus additional ~30% G1C that we've gotten on most black fridays was better than the 40% off a handful of items we got this year. (Note that we get 25% more G1C now than before, so 30% is more than that, and 50% is clearly more than 40%, not to mention the black friday sale this year was only on a few items. On top of that, LO's price changes didn't really lower prices overall much if at all.)

hmm so in other words its a mess and i should stay away so i dont get a headache rofl

6 hours ago, Kewlin said:

Except that normally in a BR mode you're in a game with random people beside your group. Not having an entirely random lobby could have drastic negative effects.

Taking population of this game randomization is out of question.

This game is simply too small for BR (plus you can pick any server you want - something which BR lobbies don't allow for... for a good reason - and even that don't counter-act all problems of mine with idea of BR in APB)

LO did give us the '99 g1c credit' option for random items, including the most favorable ones of (sometimes quite expensive) packs.

This year will be interesting. OT: If I get really rich soon I would like to try that flight trick to celebrate new year twice, with the family. Let's fantasize further and meet MattScott on that same future plane because of the same reason. Ok maybe I'm having a bit much.

Sincerely,

Monolillity

8 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

hmm so in other words its a mess and i should stay away so i dont get a headache rofl

Not a terrible idea.

@MattScott

Off topic but there is a user "imitating" your profile name " @MattScot  1 T. please fix that.

Against TOS to "pose" as staff or did you guys remove that from the tos.

2, I brought it to your attention before so this is a reminder and should be put sightly higher priority then "console update" only slightly. 

APB is still unavailable for The Oceania region I'd like to play APB on Xbox but it's not in Australia

(and also means all those "Beta rewards" you gave to console players everyone else missed out on because

we never got the game over here.)

Edited by Zolerox
  • Thanks 1

Lots of great questions (and ideas) here.

I’ve been working a reduced schedule over the holiday break, but I’ll try to get some amswers organized soon.

2 hours ago, Zolerox said:

@MattScott

Off topic but there is a user "imitating" your profile name " @MattScot  1 T. please fix that.

Against TOS to "pose" as staff or did you guys remove that from the tos.

Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Happy New Year everyone 

It's a new year time for a new you With this 2 day premium code recreate yourself or just move that 1 symbol half an inch to the left.

(2 day premium)

HAPPYNEWYEAR2019 - Expires in 2 weeks "from when i posted this" 

Clickable link 'put the code in for me' if your new years resolution is to be lazier

CLICKME

Source :

Edited by Zolerox
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

HAPPYNEWYEAR - Expires in 2 weeks "from when i posted this"

I think the code is HAPPYNEWYEAR2019

24 minutes ago, iTzBlackout said:

You couldn't wait 13 seconds? look at the time i edited it.

25 minutes ago, iTzBlackout said:

1 minute ago, Zolerox said:

lol... owned

1 hour ago, Zolerox said:

When forum is life

On 12/29/2018 at 10:34 PM, Kewlin said:

Not necessarily as huge as you might think. LO had said in a previous blog post that the player progression is different between console and PC, and they were planning on adding two new contacts as part of their plan to fix that.

I can only assume that these two new contacts are those, and probably won't add much if any new content to the game (beside missions, which is certainly big, I will admit.)

When I say 255. What do you think of.... Well forget it now! 😄

12 minutes ago, koenyboy500 said:

When I say 255. What do you think of.... Well forget it now! 😄

Also, since this is the State of the Game post (I'll move this to suggestions if neccesary. 0_o)... Is it possible that we will see a 'remove all modifications' or a 'ModPreset1' button appear on the inventories?

Also. I did some peeking and you got some (APB) game rivalry inbound. I just wanted to bring that to your attention.

Here to help, though there is no good deed unpunished (believe me, I know)

Any (forumrulerelated) problems with this post, (I'll) just delete it   \_/^,^\_/

Happy new year everyone!