MattScott

State of the Game: APB 2018

14 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

sounds promising 

the new contacts sound like they’re going to have already existing content, is there any specifics what exactly that is (old RAF rewards, 3slot legendary variants, etc)?

and will these contacts be entirely new creations from orbit or will they be old g1 assets that orbit has put the finishing touches on?

I've been trying to figure this out. I'm not sure there's any actual differences in rewards on consoles, though joker box / premium gear does seem more prominent

It's nice to see LO putting effort in fixing the game. My rank may not show it but I have played APB for a long time and I can't wait for the awesome changes you guys have in store for us.

Looks like I'm gonna have to get the old gang back together. Try to re-live some epic, funny moments we had with APB in the past 😛

Best of luck LO o/

12 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

the enforcer location is where Simon Tran (now the asylum enforcer contact) used to be

the criminal location is where Britney Bloodrose (now next to Byron Bloodrose, when g1 inexplicably decided to shuffle contacts around) used to be

Give Britney back her home. It makes no sense for her to be sharing a space with another.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Jump dashing with an obj is another prime example of bug abusing. theres a reason carrying an obj restricts your ability to move and jump dashing means you can be long gone by the time it takes the other team to respawn. Holding a shield ontop of a car to be able to car surf is another example of bug abusing. I never said change everything but I am definitively saying to change the culture in regards to the negatives and the culture of abusing bugs to gain an advantage.

To be honest, while you have a point that they're exploits those things don't take much effort for anyone thats willing to learn it to master it. With mission timers being a low as they are and ttk being as low as it is every single mobility trick is beneficial. Normal players can learn how to do it easily and that in itself is a skill.

Some of the best bugs were not fixed in other games and they became features in upper ends of competitive play. One bug/exploit that springs to mind is Counter Strike's bunny hopping is one bug that could have easily been neutered but valve kept it and it's still here to this day and seen in pro league play.

Edited by Shini

@MattScott

You could be making a serious mistake with adding the new leveling contacts on the same old districts with this low of a population;

- The gap between lower-level and 195 mod-unlocks is already huge, and still these people have to fight each other. This already could be considered totally unfair to new players.

- The reason all original mod-unlocks below 195 are all done at lower, fast-to-reach, levels was very intentional towards keeping things balanced!!! The old G1 didn't care about it. From mobile car repair torches, detonators, car surfing, taggers, better grenades configs, the list goes on and on. The original idea was: unlock everything fast so you can switch out any configuration for the battle, being able to wear a multiple of modifications at one time takes progress (or later on, Armas purchases).

- If these new 3.x contacts unlock new mods for even higher levels the gap between lower level members and high level ones becomes even more ridiculous and you'll drive away any new people at a fast pace because of dumb unbalanced game-play gaps created without understanding how low VS max level game-play was originally balanced.

I'm not talking about veterans who re-roll on new accounts knowing every inch of this game with perfect aim. I'm talking about new people who check out your game. Vets do need something new to do, but -for crying out loud- focus on balance with new people in mind as a good change; G1 made the mistake with 195 mods, calling the fight balanced with newer players is now already quite ridiculous, do not repeat it, do not make the gap even worse.

Of course you could fix the old problem of balancing with a new matchmaking system, that would be a fix, but we would need that in the game first and not on the drawing board or on a desk drawer. Do not screw up the balance (gap) even further, pretty please.

Sincerely,

Monolillity.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Im the only 1 who start reading from "whats coming in 2019"?Hehe ill read the 1st part later

3) New progression to sync PC and console Once we get all three platforms on the same code, we are going to release 2 new contacts with new in-game missions and rewards.

So Lynette Casey(enf)and Lucas Van Rooyen(crim)are finally arriving?Nice i guess from march onwards

5) New team Challenge Mode For those of you who participated in Epidemic and Slay Bells, you have seen the beginnings of what this mode can be. This will be a hybrid of Battle Royale and Territory Control mechanics where players get to choose the parts of the map that collapse. We are very excited about this new mode and look forward to sharing more with you as we get closer to its release some time in the first quarter.

I guess this can also turn into clan vs clan with all the leaderboards etc.Consider this idea..👍

Edited by TheMessiah

So..no changes for the new players? No new matchmaking/rank system or tutorial in a year? How do you think this game is gonna go above 500 playerbase?

Game needs a lot of new content and for new players aswell, not just 2 end-game contacts.

What's your real plan LO? You want this game to grow and become bigger or stay at 500/1k playerbase? APB needs a complete rework, not just content or engine

Armas marketplace wont save APB

Edited by Lato
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Jazeker said:

@MattScot Very cool. Maybe entertain the thought of having any sort of leveling progress with the challenge mode/ alternate districts. That is, any new ones and the ones we have now. Being able to grind a bunch different stuff just helps a game.

To give a totally random example; always thought having 'FightClub level' would be a 'nice to have', even if it's just an repeating exp bar and a number behind our names.

Obviously we got joker tickets, but yeah, new initiatives maybe.

Having *a* FightClub level. (Matt if I could ever get an edit button that would be awesome, lol)

@MattScott

Holy cow - just realized that I tagged a "lookalike MattScott" named "MattScot" (see my post above).

@mods; there is a "lookalike MattScott" account named "MattScot" xD. What-the-bleep.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Shini said:

To be honest, while you have a point that they're exploits those things don't take much effort for anyone thats willing to learn it to master it. With mission timers being a low as they are and ttk being as low as it is every single mobility trick is beneficial. Normal players can learn how to do it easily and that in itself is a skill.

Some of the best bugs were not fixed in other games and they became features in upper ends of competitive play. One bug/exploit that springs to mind is Counter Strike's bunny hopping is one bug that could have easily been neutered but valve kept it and it's still here to this day and seen in pro league play.

The door jumping one alright keep it as I do like not dying opening doors lol but jump dashing with an obj really should be fixed. That one is an unfair adv to the team that has said obj and the other team now has no time to try to get the obj for themselves. 

How do we know these things weren't intended?

Is the a Dev blog or something to back up that claim?

17 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

How do we know these things weren't intended?

Is the a Dev blog or something to back up that claim?

given they specifically fixed objective jumping with heavy items and not with medium items i think it’s safe to say it’s a feature now

that was g1, so if orbit wants to balance things differently its up to them

so, what about account merging? any plans yet?

it has been said it's somewhere in the future but it's never really been "pinpointed" (or actually mentioned on a roadmap I think)... I'm more excited about that then the engine update TBH...

Just now, Snubnose said:

so, what about account merging? any plans yet?

it has been said it's somewhere in the future but it's never really been "pinpointed" (or actually mentioned on a roadmap I think)... I'm more excited about that then the engine update TBH...

last i asked it was just something they were looking into in the future but it’s nowhere near a priority (paraphrasing)

the way it was worded sounded like not until after the engine upgrade which is pretty understandable since i think merging accounts has to be done manually - that’s a lot of time on something that only affects a minority of players

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Jump dashing with an obj is another prime example of bug abusing. theres a reason carrying an obj restricts your ability to move and jump dashing means you can be long gone by the time it takes the other team to respawn. Holding a shield ontop of a car to be able to car surf is another example of bug abusing. I never said change everything but I am definitively saying to change the culture in regards to the negatives and the culture of abusing bugs to gain an advantage.

I wouldn't blame that on the community. Those are things G1 should fix, not things players should be penalized for doing.

Lol.

12 hours ago, Atomkraftwerk said:

WHERE ARE THE 50% Sales G1 did ????? since LO took over there are no 50% sales !

There's a permanent 20% off on g1c so its already cheaper than the old prices *shrugs*

14 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Holding a shield ontop of a car to be able to car surf is another example of bug abusing

I thought g1 left that in as a feature though?

oh dang, guess ill have to come back in february

happy new year guys

Nice summary of the accomplishments since May.

Looks like a lot of preliminary work had to get done in preparation.

Looking forward to what comes in 2019.

Thanks LO Team. 

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

There's a permanent 20% off on g1c so its already cheaper than the old prices *shrugs*

Not true.

G1 sold 400 G1C for 5$

LO sells 420 G1C for 5$

Thats + 5% *shrugs*

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

Except old prices on sale were cheaper still. 0.80 * 0.80 = 0.64, which is greater than 0.50. In order for current prices to be cheaper than old sale prices there would need to be at least a 37.5% discount, (including premium,) but that's still more expensive than old 50% off sales that coincided with any form of rebate. (It's slightly more complicated than that with the arbitrary, poorly executed price rework, but that's the basic version of it.)

Few people bought things without at least a 50% off sale, so I'd say it's hard to say whether ARMAS items are cheaper or not under LO until we see how they handle sales in the future. That said, their black friday sale was far worse than any other black friday sale APB has ever had.

17 minutes ago, Halelulia said:

Not true.

G1 sold 400 G1C for 5$

LO sells 420 G1C for 5$ 

Thats + 5% *shrugs*

Not including bonuses or anything LO sells 500 G1C for 5 USD, I'm not sure where you got your numbers.

Edited by Kewlin

Don't worry guys, businessman Pound got the future in his hands.

oGDrzNmh.jpg?width=681&height=465

59 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

which old prices though? G1 changed prices on stuff a couple times.

The prices right before LO?