MattScott

State of the Game: APB 2018

1 hour ago, Kewlin said:

Not necessarily as huge as you might think. LO had said in a previous blog post that the player progression is different between console and PC, and they were planning on adding two new contacts as part of their plan to fix that.

I can only assume that these two new contacts are those, and probably won't add much if any new content to the game (beside missions, which is certainly big, I will admit.)

On the contrary while yes the 2 new contacts are obvious (wish they had some cooler clothing and story) 2 things I want to share with you all some may not know

1. The spots for these "new" contacts are already there here's the 2 spots.

Here's Lynette Casey

Overview of Contact area

PbJKjUw.png

Predicted Contact Placement

2badjF0.png

Building's Decorations

VLk9QSl.png

And here is Lucas Van Rooyen

Interior Overlook

ue0rXh4.png

Contact's Laptop Equipment

Vfy5Pwf.png

Behind the bar

xnD35Aj.png

Here's what the contacts look like for those who don't know (they also appear in the "character stand by screen" The "beach screen" for enforcers and 'night club screen" for criminals.

Lynette Casey - Prentiss Tigers

another picture (she is the 3rd one on the left holding the smg with a scope and silencer)

rWiNY.jpg

lynette.png

"This is a rendering I found online of Lynette. The file data for this photo said it was created back on May 5th, 2010.

That date might seem irrelevant, but that's over a month before the original APB went retail (in other words it wasn't in beta anymore)."

Lucas Van Rooyen - Blood Rose

umodel+2012-11-07+18-34-09-70_v2.jpg

Here's a few websites it looks like these contacts were meant to unlock those 2 unused equipment slots.

http://apb-online.org/forum/15-7291-1

http://apb-r.ru/news_542-kakie-svyaznie-mogut-poyavitsya-v-igre_.htmlсвязные

APB DB page for Lynette Casey - http://apbdb.com/contacts/Waterfront_E12/

and

APB DB page for Lucas Van Rooyen - http://apbdb.com/contacts/Waterfront_C12/

a 3d spin of Lynette Casey

and 3d spin of Lucas Van Rooyen

and 2.

LO previously released "abandoned" content so fill the next 2 contacts with the same 

Here's my list of things i hope the new contacts give (whether it makes sense or not)

"Neoprene_Facewear_Mask"

Look something like this

ZCBHM001.jpg

or this

yhst-67078759673233_2267_54443756__18690

or that

81XzCExiEyL._SX425_.jpg

"Body Suit Tank"

F_Underwear_Bodysuit_Tank.pngEven has an icon and if you didn't realise it Lynette is literally shown on the beach so this item seems obvious enough it's her's

Not just clothing but there are little things on "apb vault" showing "new" hairstyles.

"short afro"

"Swirly cornrows"

"Receding Hairline"

are a few.

Some of the "clothing" that was not released (still not 100% sure about the goggles) are allready "in game" used on contacts

Again link to this post - good old days

screenshot showing them in the game files 40295765bf3fae60dad2f3b876820e83.png

"'Fingerless Gauntlet' (R/L)"

m_handwear_gloves_enforcement_gauntletfim_handwear_gloves_enforcement_gauntletfi Being used by: 'Ty Durrant', 'Kaspar Danko' and 'Orlenz Morreti'

SGGolAP.png

"'Gauntlet' (R/L)" (with the fingers covered of course)

m_handwear_gloves_enforcement_gauntletrim_handwear_gloves_enforcement_gauntletle

Being used by: 'Templeton' Only.

'Police Badge'

m_neckwear_badge_enforcement_policebadge

iw9F1D4.png

Found on: Miguel Estebano

'Prentiss Tigers Badge (male and female)'

m_neckwear_badge_enforcement_prentisstigf_neckwear_badge_enforcement_prentisstig

roP9rlO.png- if you scroll up Lynette Casey is wearing one

Found on: Akiko X, Violet Prentiss, Chiza, Orlenz Moretti & Chung Hee

'Safety Goggles (head)' customizable 

m_hairwear_goggles_functional_flyingcont

mx1mhYz.png

Found on: Javez (Valentines Outfit)

Safety Goggle (neck) again a customizable one (not sure if either of those goggles are on armas if so please point out which pack)

m_neckwear_necklace_functional_gogglesfl

YwxX1ro.png

Found on: Templeton, Kaspar Danko, Stu Phoenix

'(Second Wave) Webbing Vest' (there is an armas clothing item that is Close to this with big boxes in the front but not this exact one)

m_top_vest_enforcement_webbingforbase.pn

HxYiShX.png

Found on: Ty Durrant

'(Second Wave) Webbing Vest (Holster)'

m_top_vest_enforcement_webbingholster.pn

5cwex1T.png

Found on: Darryl Kent

"big post" 

Merry Christmas Little Orbit and may the next year bring brand new surprises and "experiences"

Motorbikes and horses when?

@MattScott

Edited by Zolerox
Forgot to say thank you silly me
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

1. The spots for these "new" contacts are already there here's the 2 spots.

Reveal hidden contents

the enforcer location is where Simon Tran (now the asylum enforcer contact) used to be

the criminal location is where Britney Bloodrose (now next to Byron Bloodrose, when g1 inexplicably decided to shuffle contacts around) used to be

• Like 1

My 2 cents:

Epidemic, while a decent event, shouldn't have replaced headless horseman event. Finding both of them a space of 2-3 weeks in calendar shouldn't be too difficult.

Re-balancing things that haven't been touched since forever takes time. Do more of this in baby-steps.

Events shouldn't require playing on so many different days to complete, or at least there should be more time to do them than 14 days if they require playing on 10 different days. That said, I'm fine if they take similar amount or even slightly more hours to accomplish. My issue is having time to do strictly limited amount of daily stuff on 10 days within 2 weeks while doing the same amount of stuff within 5 days instead is not a problem, as the 5/14 gives much more room for scheduling than 10/14.

Beyond that, I wish you a very productive 2019.

Edited by Chinook
added a sentence
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

the enforcer location is where Simon Tran (now the asylum enforcer contact) used to be

the criminal location is where Britney Bloodrose (now next to Byron Bloodrose, when g1 inexplicably decided to shuffle contacts around) used to be

I knew that, why did they shuffle them around again? ty durrant looks lonely

12 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

On the contrary. . .

So. . . what was contrary to what I said?

Also, the stuff you linked to from Innova clearly has nothing to do with what G1 intended, note how many of the things are already given by other contacts (and that nothing on Innova had anything to do with G1 APB.)

2 minutes ago, Chinook said:

~snip~

Agreed on all points.

3 minutes ago, Chinook said:

My 2 cents:

Epidemic, while a decent event, shouldn't have replaced headless horseman event. Finding both of them a space of 2-3 weeks in calendar shouldn't be too difficult.

Re-balancing things that haven't been touched since forever takes time. Do more of this in baby-steps.

Events shouldn't require playing on so many different days to complete, or at least there should be more time to do them than 14 days if they require playing on 10 different days. That said, I'm fine if they take similar amount or even slightly more hours to accomplish. My issue is having time to do strictly limited amount of daily stuff on 10 days within 2 weeks while doing the same amount of stuff within 5 days instead is not a problem, as the 5/14 gives much more room for scheduling than 10/14.

Im sure you already knew. But the 10/14 days title was to reward completionists only.

All others took at most 5/14 days to acquire.

That being said, Matt does seem to hear complaints, so who knows what we will get next event.

Edited by CookiePuss

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Im sure you already knew. But the 10/14 days title was to reward completionists only.

All others took at most 5/14 days to acquire.

How to not want a title that says 'Slayer'?

5 minutes ago, Chinook said:

How to not want a title that says 'Slayer'?

Easy, realize the title is actually "Santa Slayer".

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You mean it's yet another thing that isn't what it actually says on the tin?

smw5YKd.jpg

Just now, Chinook said:

You mean it's yet another thing that isn't what it actually says on the tin?

smw5YKd.jpg

Well how about that... "slayer" is definitely the better title.

Kinda wish I'd have kept up with it now.

1 hour ago, Kewlin said:

So. . . what was contrary to what I said?

Also, the stuff you linked to from Innova clearly has nothing to do with what G1 intended, note how many of the things are already given by other contacts (and that nothing on Innova had anything to do with G1 APB.)

What i was saying i meant "and probably won't add much if any new content to the game "

I was pointing out possible things they could add (i just stumbled over myself trying to say it in my typical way)

*cough ntec7 compact*

Edited by Zolerox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zolerox said:

I knew that, why did they shuffle them around again? ty durrant looks lonely

I thought they shifted the Criminal contacts in Waterfront due to the glitch of not being able to be witnessed in that corner of the map.

They've also moved contacts like Violet Prentiss around for some reason or another - at least Devil Dog was amusing to see in new perches.

30 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

What i was saying i meant "and probably won't add much if any new content to the game "

I was pointing out possible things they could add (i just stumbled over myself trying to say it in my typical way)

*cough ntec7 compact*

Yeah, but they already said that the purpose of them is to re-add existing content. I'm not saying what you're saying couldn't happen, but it's entirely speculation.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Wait, are you fucking serious? And to think I almost fell for it. How could it go from looking like one of the most badass titles to actually being one of the worst, lol.

*EDIT* Okay, you were trolling.

Edited by Kewlin

Matt there needs to be more quality of life updates to APB as there are still alot of problems that need addressing. Without some form of fix for these issues a new engine wont make things 100% better.

1. Threat and matchmaking. This needs immediate attention to remedy the issues that are improper threats by alot of the vet community causing grief among the new players. The system needs an overhaul as well as how easy it is to threat up. As it stands getting top threat is not only unsatisfying but for many tryhards it gives them an excuse to threat shame anyone who isnt gold threat. This in turn well help matchmaking find better balanced matches for everyone.

2. Community. This has been a problem for yrs, there are alot of toxic players in APB that threat shame others (mentioned above) grief just to annoy others, encourage less then stellar gameplay (cheating and bug abusing) and overall just make the quality of life in APB horrid. LO needs to take a crack at all this to change the APB culture into one that ppl want to be around and that is fun and helpful for all otherwise new players will quickly leave the game and the player base wont improve.

3. Cheating. Simply put LO needs to do more in this front as there are quite afew closet cheaters getting past battle eye.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

2. Community. This has been a problem for yrs, there are alot of toxic players in APB that threat shame others (mentioned above) grief just to annoy others, encourage less then stellar gameplay (cheating and bug abusing) and overall just make the quality of life in APB horrid. LO needs to take a crack at all this to change the APB culture into one that ppl want to be around and that is fun and helpful for all otherwise new players will quickly leave the game and the player base wont improve.

If I'm to be perfectly honest. . . APB would not be as fun without APB's culture.

I'll agree that there are things that need to be addressed, such as griefing, cheating, ghosting, etc., like you mentioned, but I don't think the culture as a whole should change, and I don't think it's really possible to "change" the culture without simply removing half of the playerbase. Half the reason I stick around APB is because I like its playerbase, which, I'll be honest, I actually think is pretty damned helpful to new players. Sure, people are assholes to anyone who's bad at the game, but that happens in nearly every PVP game, and I see plenty of people willing to give new players information and help them out whenever they ask.

As for glitch abusing, that's kinda' a fine line. For example, everybody jump-kicks doors, and quite honestly APB would be a far worse game (I.E. defense would be even more overpowered) without jump-kicking. Granted, I can't think of more glitches that really add to the game being abused, but I also can't think of all that many that get abused often negatively.

I'd say as far as new player retention goes, I'd attribute far more new player loss to APB being an extremely bizarre, complex game that has an extremely high skill-floor.

I appreciate the honesty and self-reflection. This seemed to be lacking massively at the previous devs now that I think about it. Reflecting on the mistakes made helps learning from them, even though you already admit plenty that you're not good at it yet. 

On the contrary however, you can't be not good at it for too long. 

The transparency and feedback is there, but at some point results have to pop up. I do think Little Orbit will be able to deliver, so I hope people are patient enough.

I wish I applied for any of the volunteer programs, I'd like to help out in any way I can.

I'm not without questionmarks, but the way Little Orbit has been sofar is far better than Reloaded has ever been.

Since 2013, at least.

Edited by Haganu

@MattScottVery cool. Maybe entertain the thought of having any sort of leveling progress with the challenge mode/ alternate districts. That is, any new ones and the ones we have now. Being able to grind a bunch different stuff just helps a game.

To give a totally random example; always thought having 'FightClub level' would be a 'nice to have', even if it's just an repeating exp bar and a number behind our names.

Obviously we got joker tickets, but yeah, new initiatives maybe.

Having *a* FightClub level. (Matt if I could ever get an edit button that would be awesome, lol)

• Like 5

My "slay bells event" guide is 100% completed first time I've done an event guide BEFORE the event ended.

I would have completed it sooner but unfortunately slayer title made it so it took at least 10 days.

Guide. Slay Bells - Christmas 2018 - Event

Here's a link and images i picked to show a preview of it and maybe when we get the new engine we can get "clean" icon's and fix apb's "Pixelation" and decal's being low res.

So for 2019 with the "engine slight update 3.5" Will these "image fuzz" issues go away?

The below examples is my recent work I spent a few hours editing icons making things look sharper and cleaner

RED is my "edited" pictures

the one's with a "BLUE" outline are the Original Icon's as they appear in game.

*note The left image has 2 boxes the box that says "more" is too low and misses the word,

The 1st box is just useless in general.

The "border" under the word Tradable is missing.

sFpM8xe.png Gun's

Big Sheet

RED Outlines are My edits

BLUE outlines are the original icon's as they appear in game 

*note the slay bells icon has green and yellow "digital fuzz" while the snowflake has multiple grey lines , The Santa hat "ho ho ho now i have a..." has light red when it should be red, The "Santa slayer" has a little bit of fuzz near the face area.

*note2 The rest are less event tied and more APB in general icon, The "new weapons" icon has green and yellow fuzz,, "new primitives" icon has a lot of issues red fuzz yellow fuzz grey for some reason, The "joker ticket" icon (at default brightness) has grey outline issues the J and O are attached etc. "new clothing item" has a few issues some fuzz around the collar.

OTuqwsg.png

*Note the "slay bells" icon's lvl 1-9 the "X" and "V" are a tad crappy (blue outline) so i redrew those as well and lowered them a bit.

so. @MattScott

2019 "engine Update" Q&A possible?

as you can see I'm interested in an assets upgrade (icon's customisation limits etc.)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zolerox said:

~Zolerox long blogpost like post~

Well , your post was as cool as Matt's blogpost to be honest , glad i seen this

thanks for your blogpost Zolerox

:classic_laugh:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zolerox said:

"big post" 

I agree with smexy Eggman and want to say that I loved this post too. I knew there were people in those static scenes that I had never seen before and totally agree that APB's files are full of junk that could easily fill up some New Contact rewards for us (like a 0 slot ATAC? /s).

Also was originally upset that they're predicted to be WF contacts as WF is a ghost town most days but realistically new Contacts there mean it'll breathe new life into that lesser used district as the older players with everything unlocked will want in so I'm all in. 

Edited by KnifuWaifu
@ggspct spammer man - this is what quality looks like FYI.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Kewlin said:

If I'm to be perfectly honest. . . APB would not be as fun without APB's culture.

I'll agree that there are things that need to be addressed, such as griefing, cheating, ghosting, etc., like you mentioned, but I don't think the culture as a whole should change, and I don't think it's really possible to "change" the culture without simply removing half of the playerbase. Half the reason I stick around APB is because I like its playerbase, which, I'll be honest, I actually think is pretty damned helpful to new players. Sure, people are assholes to anyone who's bad at the game, but that happens in nearly every PVP game, and I see plenty of people willing to give new players information and help them out whenever they ask.

As for glitch abusing, that's kinda' a fine line. For example, everybody jump-kicks doors, and quite honestly APB would be a far worse game (I.E. defense would be even more overpowered) without jump-kicking. Granted, I can't think of more glitches that really add to the game being abused, but I also can't think of all that many that get abused often negatively.

I'd say as far as new player retention goes, I'd attribute far more new player loss to APB being an extremely bizarre, complex game that has an extremely high skill-floor.

Jump dashing with an obj is another prime example of bug abusing. theres a reason carrying an obj restricts your ability to move and jump dashing means you can be long gone by the time it takes the other team to respawn. Holding a shield ontop of a car to be able to car surf is another example of bug abusing. I never said change everything but I am definitively saying to change the culture in regards to the negatives and the culture of abusing bugs to gain an advantage.

WHERE ARE THE 50% Sales G1 did ????? since LO took over there are no 50% sales !

Edited by Atomkraftwerk