Hollywood7098

2 Player Vehicles

Hey, just a suggestion here, but could the FE team allow 2 players to enter cars. I speak for us all when I say that would be really cool. Really look into this for us please!

• Like 1

+1 but it's been a hell of a bad experience when testing in the past... Even in an instance it went all to hell.

1 hour ago, Hollywood7098 said:

Really, I didn't know it was tested and I'm sure since apb allowed it. It could be possible and done

sadly the engines have nothing in common so comparison cant be made. Don't get me wrong; it would be iconic if we could have pickups with a machine gun mounted in bed that a 2nd player could "man," Im  just not sure it would be feasible technology wise.

7 hours ago, Hollywood7098 said:

To get a engine that relates, would that require a game reset?

That would require building a new game from the ground up. Fallen Earth II. Engines are not plug in play.

Not saying the feature cant be done in current engine; but as Nysek said there is hurtles. As much as we love FE there is no denying it never had the best coding. While Im not flaming the original devs (all the respect for their attempt and hard work) the truth is he engine could be called a amateur/hobby engine compared to most MMOs. You have to keep in mind Icarus Studios was a small independent company trying to break into a big time industry. Coding a MMO is no joke (saw a interview once where a NASA programmer said MMO coding was more complicated than any program NASA used.) IS could only dream of the resources of the AAA big dogs. That's why I have respect for them. Also keep in mind FE wasn't all about the game. It was developed to show off their platform/engine they wanted to market to other companies. It was never stable enough which probably contributed to them going out of business. Again... not slamming the devs or saying they didn't care about the game. I had personal chats with a couple of them during beta and they were great guys who really wanted to give us a good experience.

Question also has to be asked....  does the new owners have full access to the source code? Development access and source code access is two different animals. Not a 100% analogy but think being able to mod a game vs coding the game. The tools only allow you to change so much.

• Like 1

I would be happy with being able to throw a lasso over people and drag them around behind my horse. That would technically be considered a 2 person mount right?

• Like 2