Defibrillator

We have melee weps?

Hi,

I was checking dmr and dog ear's stun dmg per shot cuz i was tryin to stun my frnd using it. Then i stumbled upon this.

O8RxWSU.jpg

Did we have melee weps? I thought the knife was jus an aesthetic. Is this somethn like devlar or bunny shield or nekrova alone content?

• Like 1

Melee weapons were planned back in the day but I believe they had issues balancing them.

Getting corner popped by a guy with a baseball bat and being beaten to death doesn't sound like all that much fun either

Edited by Frosi

Yes APB does have a melee weapon, it's the blow torch.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rade said:

Yes APB does have a melee weapon, it's the blow torch.

So we get a medal for that? @Aeronaut help us out here.

Technically vehicles are melee weapons cause you are holding them with your hands.

This "backstabber" medal was in the game for some time but Blowtorch never triggered it.

It was patched out a while ago under g1's rule

(no we never had actual melee weapons it was planned but never made it)

Edited by Zolerox
  • Like 1

there was never any melee weapons in the live version, the devs tested the mechanic  and decided against it because it doesn’t make much sense to chase a guy around with a bat when you can just shoot them in the face with your gun

Oooooold stuff that never made it even close to release during the RTW days. It was horribly broken mechanically (bugs galore!) and just plain not worth it. Plus the reasons above kinda outline why it's just a rather pointless thing for them to bother with.

Edited by Genobee

They were removed back in 2007-2008 because of gameplay issues, balancing issues, and all around stupidity.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Defibrillator said:

So we get a medal for that? @Aeronaut help us out here.

take the blowtorch neck thingy and jab it into your enemies orifices. no need to turn on the burny function otherwise you'll create smelly smells.

wait, how violent can text be before it gets deleted from the forums?

7 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

there was never any melee weapons in the live version, the devs tested the mechanic  and decided against it because it doesn’t make much sense to chase a guy around with a bat when you can just shoot them in the face with your gun

• Like 1

People forget too easy. IIRC the idea was: running out of ammo --> melee.

With ammo being in shorter supply than what we have now. And like, today we don't even need to visit the Joker Ammo Machine to resupply anymore.

TBH it wasn't really that stupid as it sounds today because the game was different. Still it was sort of silly and got removed.  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, _chain said:

Oof that Rocket Melee bash is such a missed opportunity for something similar to the beauty in Saints Row. 

But if that's not to your liking here is something more tasteful.

Edited by KnifuWaifu

I would like to see melee weapons. And its great that there are already animations for that. There could be different models like knifes, base ball bats, batons - maybe even tradable versions or simple event rewards.

Could be a project after UE4.0... but on other side im not sure how well that works in APB. If everyone jumping around like crazy and things like that...

It would be annoying to have a bat or something only to get shot cus you had the wrong weapon. However, as a novelty they could make throwable knives that act much like the 8 ball and half brick.

Melee weapons could be used if fight club ever gets a melee rules mode. But in action districts they don't really seem feasible. 

yes.

vEJCEXm.jpg
only now I notice how the sledge hammer and fire axe got mixed up LUL

41 minutes ago, Snubnose said:

yes.

vEJCEXm.jpg
only now I notice how the sledge hammer and fire axe got mixed up LUL

interesting names for the PIG and NL9 as well

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

the soldering lamp is a versatile melee weapon for both factions .the absence of medals harms the system .

z5Y0tO6Ozx.jpg

Edited by Yood

5 minutes ago, Defibrillator said:

Imagine using an osmaw to ram a door.

imagine we're talking about a melee . 

71Eh50PD0U.jpg    with the sweep in the head .