Sign in to follow this  
magik

Reactions to Q&A Livestream

@Aphadon@Lixil

Any confirmations on the usage of the mousefix? 

Are we allowed to use the APB advanced launcher or are we at risk? Since there is a new anti-cheat.

Do we have to go back to vanilla and just repair our game?

I missed the first half of the Q&A. Can someone tell me Little Orbit's stance on bare breast symbols?

I hope that they are able to replace advanced launcher / low configs to an acceptable degree. Sure doing things their way makes sure nobody gets banned but who knows how long it will take for them to release a replacement and I hope I still have my 120 fps. 😞

Just now, Xnetexe said:

I missed the first half of the Q&A. Can someone tell me Little Orbit's stance on bare breast symbols?

Seem to be out.

1 minute ago, Xnetexe said:

No nudity in our PG version of APB.

If Joker Box items become untradeable to comply with legislation, then Legendaries need to become account wide.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xnetexe said:

They said nudity wasn't appropriated that's more likely what they said globally.

3 minutes ago, jarko said:

@Aphadon@Lixil

Are we allowed to use the APB advanced launcher or are we at risk? Since there is a new anti-cheat.

Dont use apb advanced launcher for now. they are looking into the program and adding the features to the game.

3 minutes ago, jarko said:

@Aphadon@Lixil

Matt said for now, don't use it because they don't know how it will interact with the anti-cheat.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bellenettiel said:

It was definitely super positive.

But it feels also dangerously positive and i'd be lying if i said i wasn't cautiously optimistic over it.
Most remarkably was when he was alone talking to chat.

i think at that point he was trying to load up kemps stream to see the twitch chat. but honestly who knows. if you aren't familiar with livestream. some might not know how to proceed from there. was bad timing on kemps part for not going to the toilet before the stream started 😛

• Like 1

Matt said they're about to unban a major part of players banned by FairFight, sooner or later.

Well, while i'm not happy about it, i think it's not a critical move. Now that they're about to start using BattleEye, players that were banned in the past and complained about a faulty "punkbuster / fairfight anticheats", will now get a second chance to play fair.

So, their deal will be: Either play fair, with no cheats. OR, cheat again and as soon as BattleEye catches them, they will have no chance to give sorryazz excuses as "i was wrongfully banned, i'm legit plis gib unban sir".

For me, it's a win-win situation. They either get a second chance, or they legit ruin it with no other chances for no more lame excuses. "Russians hacked me, ermagherd ..."

Edited by Poperon
Grammar corrections.

Is the new anti-cheat operating at this moment?

Edited by jarko

Just now, -Rachel- said:

If Joker Box items become untradeable to comply with legislation, then Legendaries need to become account wide.

Read one of the replies I made because it applies to what you've said. I'm sure Matt isn't entirely familiar with every system in the game but I'm sure he wasn't talking about the marketplace. He was talking about using illegitimate websites used for trading for real money. He was also exclaiming that once he had worked on systems in the past and removed systems in the games that prevented trading in-game items for real cash they saw a marked decline in the amount of scamming and illegitimate trading going on. 

Also he did say they were thinking of giving a reduction of price to Joker Boxes which may come along with the Armas marketplace price balance as a whole. 

Damn, I can't make female symbols anymore?

I guess I'll start switching to trap male symbols then.

hi im sadira

5 minutes ago, Poperon said:

Matt said they're about to unban a major part of players banned by FairFight, sooner or later.

He said it'll be after the next patch when Battleye is put in.

I don't really agree with giving cheaters a second chance, I think it's a cop-out for people who don't need a second chance because they didn't blow their first one yet. And it's clear from what he said about sitting in on support tickets and discovering that there have been unfair bans that they have the records to judge whether an existing ban was right or not. So I'd prefer they deal with the bans case by case and only unban the unfair ones.

But tbf, maybe they won't have the resources to do that.

If Battleye is effective, it won't negatively effect the game ultimately.

Edited by MrChan
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jarko said:

Is the new anti-cheat operating at this moment?

No, it will be implemented in next patch. (Unless something more urgent to patch has to be fixed before that patch goes live)

• Like 1

One of the more interesting parts in my opinion was when Matt mentioned a new map on the way. Unfortunately the streamer decided to cut him off and launch into a monologue at that moment so he didn't get the chance to elaborate, which was a great shame.

• Like 1

Textures streaming from the HDD to VRAM slowly because of having an old 5200RPM HDD and having huge log files that get opened and closed constantly and don't split until nearly 512mb in size doesn't exactly help with the game stutter either. Modifying APBEngine.ini (I know, I know, I shouldn't be doing this but I wouldn't have to if the game ran at a semi-decent FPS and didn't stutter so much) to split the log files and purge them earlier isn't an option because it gets overwritten by the default value when you open the game, even w/o APBLauncher.exe. Little Orbit, pls fix.

1 minute ago, Ace or Allecto said:

One of the more interesting parts in my opinion was when Matt mentioned a new map on the way. Unfortunately the streamer decided to cut him off and launch into a monologue at that moment so he didn't get the chance to elaborate, which was a great shame.

A new map although cool should and would be definitely VERY far in the future

Still expecting nothing. That 3.5 is going to kill the game.

I've gotta admit, I'm looking forward to what LO will be doing with their 3 phases.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AgentWatson said:

Read one of the replies I made because it applies to what you've said. I'm sure Matt isn't entirely familiar with every system in the game but I'm sure he wasn't talking about the marketplace. He was talking about using illegitimate websites used for trading for real money. He was also exclaiming that once he had worked on systems in the past and removed systems in the games that prevented trading in-game items for real cash they saw a marked decline in the amount of scamming and illegitimate trading going on. 

Also he did say they were thinking of giving a reduction of price to Joker Boxes which may come along with the Armas marketplace price balance as a whole. 

That's a good point, but my concerns is that they go overboard just in case.

1 minute ago, Similarities said:

Textures streaming from the HDD to VRAM slowly because of having an old 5200RPM HDD and having huge log files that get opened and closed constantly and don't split until nearly 512mb in size doesn't exactly help with the game stutter either. Modifying APBEngine.ini (I know, I know, I shouldn't be doing this but I wouldn't have to if the game ran at a semi-decent FPS and didn't stutter so much) to split the log files and purge them earlier isn't an option because it gets overwritten by the default value when you open the game, even w/o APBLauncher.exe. Little Orbit, pls fix.

This is why lower latency memory with 3D Xpoint SSD's are much more preferable. The time that random reads and writes on those drives are accessed way faster than even a conventional SSD. Intel Optane the 900P ones are out but they're extremely expensive. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DiBBz said:

i think at that point he was trying to load up kemps stream to see the twitch chat. but honestly who knows. if you aren't familiar with livestream. some might not know how to proceed from there. was bad timing on kemps part for not going to the toilet before the stream started 😛

yeah!
But it was hilarious tho, it added to the charm and stuff.
Kemp actuality did a pretty good job of laying down the real questions.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this