Sign in to follow this  
magik

Reactions to Q&A Livestream

4 minutes ago, -Rachel- said:

Your computer is ten years old then?

Could we not resort to blaming people's hardware when it's well known that APB's performance got worse on a patch on patch basis (back when there was patches)?

My current PC is 3 and a half years old.

When it was new I had no stuttering on the standard launcher.

Then I got some stuttering after about a year.

After about a year and a half, I switched to the Advanced Launcher and eliminated stuttering with some tweaks to texture detail.

Now I'm stuttering even with Advanced Launcher.

My PC is not chocked with spyware, and my performance on other games has been consistent.

Edited by MrChan

1 minute ago, -Rachel- said:

That shouldn't be happening. o.o

Hopefully the engine upgrades will fix it for you.

Well it doesn't happen when I use the advanced launcher lol.

Edited by Flylow

Just now, MrChan said:

Could we not resort to blaming people's hardware when it's well known that APB's performance got worse on a patch on patch basis (back when there was patches)?

My current PC is 3 and a half years old.

When it was new I had no stuttering on the standard launcher.

Then I got some stuttering after about a year.

After about a year and a half, I switched to the Advanced Launcher and eliminated stuttering with some tweaks to texture detail.

Now I'm stuttering even with Advanced Launcher.

My PC is not chocked with spyware, and my performance on other games has been consistent.

That's alarming, I've never had trouble with the game stuttering at max graphics.

4 minutes ago, Flylow said:

z87 pro with i7 4770k

16gb ram

not running on an ssd though but every other game runs fine sooo.

as soon as i put in an SSD things changed for the better.. Was weird although it was also 7 years ago that I did that.

Tbf, my PC wasn't a top of the range model when built and I would have replaced this year except I went and bought a house and consequently have no money.

But still, the performance deterioration is real. And some issues seem to be server side, so even brute forcing with a very high single thread performance i7 or Ryzen has its limits.

I wonder would my old Core Duo that I played APB on when it first came out still run it at all...

2 minutes ago, -Rachel- said:

That's alarming, I've never had trouble with the game stuttering at max graphics.

i dont see how that can be true since everyone is affected by subpar garbage collection, regardless of hardware

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Seedy said:

as soon as i put in an SSD things changed for the better.. Was weird although it was also 7 years ago that I did that.

If I remember the forum chatter correctly, they changed it so that something to do with loading in other players' customisations (possibly the whole lot, but I'm not sure) used Hard Drive space when it previously had used RAM. That slowed down things for most of players, but those with APB on an SSD would feel it less.

Edited by MrChan

He said that they will have the same stance on nudity, correct?

Is that stance the old waist up is fine, below waist is not?

1 minute ago, FloofehMoofin said:

In my opinion it was a great Q&A. 

No more tradeable legendarys out of JMB's xDD

I missed a little but was it mentioned if JMBs or rare weapons in your inventory might be considered swap-able between the characters you make?

1 minute ago, Naomi Armitage said:

I missed a little but was it mentioned if JMBs or rare weapons in your inventory might be considered swap-able between the characters you make?

He didn't say anything about that. So i guess it stays

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i dont see how that can be true since everyone is affected by subpar garbage collection, regardless of hardware

Shrug? I dunno?

My rig is not amazing (CPU is FX 8150, GPU RX480, 20 GB RAM) and I've never had issues with the game.

Go see it yourself if you missed it

Just now, FloofehMoofin said:

He didn't say anything about that. So i guess it stays

Hope we are still allowed to mail, or they can just make them account bound, would be nice.

3 minutes ago, FloofehMoofin said:

In my opinion it was a great Q&A. 

No more tradeable legendarys out of JMB's xDD

That's not what he was saying. He was pretty much remarking how with other games like for instance CS:GO, H1Z1 or any other game with an ingame loot box system there are third party websites which are used to complete transactions with real money on weapon skins or in-game items. The marketplace however is fine because it's using the monetary value we collect in game to purchase those weapons off people, we're not using real life currency to complete that transaction. 

I knew they'd unban everyone it was the smartest move for them. Makes instant money from unbanned players and allows them to look like they're being merciful to a playerbase that was mistreated for years by the previous owner.

gg

1 minute ago, AgentWatson said:

That's not what he was saying. He was pretty much remarking how with other games like for instance CS:GO, H1Z1 or any other game with an ingame loot box system there are third party websites which are used to complete transactions with real money on weapon skins or in-game items. The marketplace however is fine because it's using the monetary value we collect in game to purchase those weapons off people, we're not using real life currency to complete that transaction. 

idk if this will still stay then. but lets see

I appreciated the fact that the answers were well thought out and sensible. Also mostly in line when it comes to what I kinda hoped. Matt was a well-spoken gentleman with realistic-sounding visions.

In the light of this, we're in good hands as long as they have resources to pull off the things requied.

Edited by Chinook
typo
  • Like 1

Great question lineup by Kempington and a great answers from Matt!

4 minutes ago, Ohshii said:

I knew they'd unban everyone it was the smartest move for them. Makes instant money from unbanned players and allows them to look like they're being merciful to a playerbase that was mistreated for years by the previous owner.

gg

Kinda surprised you're being cynical about it now when you seemed very much in favour on the old forums.

So long as BattleEye promptly deals with anyone who relapses.

• Thanks 1

I greatly appreciated the way the QnA was handled although maybe because it pertains to me I wished I would've gotten a better answer on that HAN server question. Yes I do think people who want to transfer from Han to Jericho will appreciate that Little Orbit are working to allow that transfer to happen. But at the same time, there is an overarching issue with HAN that keeps people there as opposed to the alternatives and that's lower latency. 

Sign in to follow this