Kominis

This is why you lag.

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Cars driving along have despawned in front of me.

Most likely traffic was held up so they never drove off map the way they do.

its a pain when you need them for cover or a ride and poof they're gone at that critical moment 🙄

Only thing worse is out of mission player cars painted like normal cars and abandoned in the street. The ultimate cover bamboozle. 

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Only thing worse is out of mission player cars painted like normal cars and abandoned in the street. The ultimate cover bamboozle. 

you had to remind us rofl

There's no problem here, so no solution required...

As some already mentioned, these "civvy" cars are an integral part of the game-play (cover, maneuverability and transport)

It would be way more annoying if more often you spawned and there was no car around.
It already happen sometimes, you spawn in a relatively big street and literally there's no car for miles around and you just watch enemies complete stage X/Y/Z while you're still hauling arse* getting a vehicle.

Edited by Tigrix

On 12/27/2018 at 9:06 PM, Zolerox said:

This doesn't look like jericho I usually spend a good 30 mins each day with an alig Clearing up vehicles that are not "on path". I'm a traffic cop.

*tfw when people dont thank the traffic cop*

Not all heroes wear capes...........

On 12/28/2018 at 1:03 PM, CookiePuss said:

...I'm guilty of this. I get very lazy with customizing cars. 

On 12/27/2018 at 4:28 PM, Kominis said:

0bncW1J.png

Civilian vehicles filing up the streets.

Ive not logged in for ages.. I am today though to tell you that this amount of cars is making no difference to your game. None at all. If there were like 30 cars on the screen, this would make a difference.

the cars all follow a set path from point to point. They do this on your PC until such time as something outwith their control happens to them. Eg.. you crash in to them or another player crashes in to them, then they change on everyones screens. It is super unlikely that the server is constantly sending the positions for each car then lerping (look this up) from place to place. It is more likely that the car is set on a set path with a set set of parameters. As an example:

• server spawns car in garage
  • server tells car where to go and what path to use to get there
  • car starts its path and tells every client (you and me and everyone else) exactly when this is going to happen
  • Occasional Vector3 sync (look this up) to make sure car is in same position for everyone (maybe ever second or so but could be longer I dont know exactly)
  • car reaches destination (you see it going underground)
  • car is moved to another garages position and reprogrammed to do new path (it is unlikly if the car is not damaged that the car is destroyed and re-instantiated (look this up) as this would cause overhead on everyones CPU or GPU depending on how they work; I dont know how APB is doing it)

Side Case:

• car is stolen
  • player takes control
  • car is destroyed in some way or when a player gets out the car is destroyed after set time unless player re-enters or a new player enters car

Side Case 2:

• car is hit by anything at all
  • car stops
  • car is stationary until its timer for being stationary runs out
  • car is destroyed (cant be moved to garage as it has damage and so is not brand new)

Side case 3:

• player pulls driver out of car
  • player doesn't enter car so car is empty
  • car timer for destroy is active
  • car is destroyed again because it does not fit full criteria for being moved to garage and reused (has no driver)

Also I seen a post saying something about cars in distance from player are destroyed. I dont think this is the case with APB. I think all cars are active on the server across the map even when no one can see them. The reason i think this is because the game is fully server based for pretty much everything and the overhead for removing and re-instantiating vehicles on a distance basis would be bigger than just letting the rendered object disappear and staying in track of the cars Vector3 position. One of the old devs told me years ago there is something like 400 AI in the game at any one time (cars and toons). If this was like the new GTA then there would be a shed load more stuff going on, on your screen as they use the local players position in comparison to the surrounding living world to determine what is around about them at all times (this is why you can walk up the street, go back, and not find the same people there). When two player get close to each other one player gets priority on whos stuff is shown the most but all the players game objects are mixed and shown to all players. This, I am 99% sure, is not the case with APB.

If I am wrong with any of these points, please let me know.

• Like 1