Kominis

This is why you lag.

0bncW1J.png

Civilian vehicles filing up the streets.

Edited by Kominis

Those civvie cars could be the difference between you dying out in the open to sustained fire and you having just enough cover to regen some hp back. Worth it IMO

Holy what a bad graphic

How is people even asking for engine upgrade when they can't run the game at default settings?

1 minute ago, Nessie said:

Holy what a bad graphic

How is people even asking for engine upgrade when they can't run the game at default settings?

fck me, right? Have been wondering same thing for past years now

5 minutes ago, Nessie said:

Holy what a bad graphic

Hope you're not serious... People want the engine upgrade because it will offer more optimization thus potentially making people not having to tone down the graphics to get more consistent framerate. Also, most "good players" do this because it removes a lot of the visual clutter.

Edited by swft
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, swft said:

Also, most "good players" do this because it removes a lot of the visual clutter.

i much prefer more fps and better response versus having average graphics and lower fps.

this is the only game where i don't do that. i don't want to play a game that looks like a ps2 game in 2018. 

28 minutes ago, Nessie said:

Holy what a bad graphic

how is people talking about the engine upgrade when they clearly don’t understand it?

ot: all those cars are prolly equal to one decently customized player character running around

since there was obviously mission activity there recently, is the alternative you’re suggesting that vehicles should potentiallly despawn mid firefight?

10 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

how is people talking about the engine upgrade when they clearly don’t understand it?

ot: all those cars are prolly equal to one decently customized player character running around

since there was obviously mission activity there recently, is the alternative you’re suggesting that vehicles should potentiallly despawn mid firefight? Maybe despawn them when they are not touched for an amout of time.

1 minute ago, Kominis said:

Maybe despawn them when they are not touched for an amout of time.

this already happens 

potato graphics is bad.

please upgrade your computer and add a graphics card.

decent graphics card is around 100 American dollars.

decent computer as cheap as 300 American dollars but recommended to buy better one than that.

please buy both at same time or this will be ineffective.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nessie said:

Holy what a bad graphic

i want the engine upgrade so we can leave that behind once and for all and start actually changeing the game for good.

...and yes, i voted "new content over engine upgrade" in that old, old G1 poll

7 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

this already happens 

Well, somewhat. As far as I know, they only despawn if they're actually able to drive around so they can get to the nearest despawn location. The problem with that is how easily you can stop the cars from driving around, roadblocks or even entering the car and removing the "Driver" will completely stop them from moving around and will result in crowded areas such as seen in the OP.

There's no real solution to this situation and it is why a lot of configs aimed to improve your FPS will choose to lower all sorts of civilian models, this includes cars and their character model aswell while also likely making them use their lowest possible texture quality at all ranges. All you can do is hope for the engine upgrade to improve the overall performance of the game by a lot so the fps dips in crowded areas like this aren't as noticeable.

9 hours ago, Kominis said:

0bncW1J.png

This doesn't look like jericho I usually spend a good 30 mins each day with an alig Clearing up vehicles that are not "on path". I'm a traffic cop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Frosi said:

Well, somewhat. As far as I know, they only despawn if they're actually able to drive around so they can get to the nearest despawn location. The problem with that is how easily you can stop the cars from driving around, roadblocks or even entering the car and removing the "Driver" will completely stop them from moving around and will result in crowded areas such as seen in the OP.

There's no real solution to this situation and it is why a lot of configs aimed to improve your FPS will choose to lower all sorts of civilian models, this includes cars and their character model aswell while also likely making them use their lowest possible texture quality at all ranges. All you can do is hope for the engine upgrade to improve the overall performance of the game by a lot so the fps dips in crowded areas like this aren't as noticeable.

vehicles will just despawn after a certain amount of time regardless of where they are, its screwed me over on more than a few occasions 

i agree theres no easy fix, either we just get better performance overall or perhaps some extra ai pathing so civilian drivers arent just stopped until respawn

30 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

vehicles will just despawn after a certain amount of time regardless of where they are

Huh, the more you know I guess. I rarely ever had cars despawn in front of me so I figured it's a bug more than anything else.

Edited by Frosi

8 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

vehicles will just despawn after a certain amount of time regardless of where they are, its screwed me over on more than a few occasions 

As long as they weren't used recently.

I think after that 5 minute timer to despawn starts.

Edited by Mitne

Ugh. Do you even traffic waves? 

Clearly some pleasant fellow cut someone off like 8 hours ago and now its bumper to bumper traffic due to traffic waves. Drive safe kiddos.

no. i don't lag anyway, and even on joker NE when it had dozens of full districts i never lagged. 

we don't lag because of anything in the game.

we lag because of crappy g1 servers, full stop.

though admittedly they've gotten a lot better since LO took over.

1 hour ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Ugh. Do you even traffic waves? 

Clearly some pleasant fellow cut someone off like 8 hours ago and now its bumper to bumper traffic due to traffic waves. Drive safe kiddos.

That's what he got for playing in rush hour.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nessie said:

Holy what a bad graphic

i think he uses this sets for more smoothness.

20 hours ago, Kominis said:

0bncW1J.png

i dont really get lag because of civilians, but i know people that do, and yeah its a pain in the patootie but u can just blow em up 

13 hours ago, Frosi said:

"--- far as I know, they only despawn if they're actually able to drive around so they can get to the nearest despawn location.---"

"There's no real solution to this situation ---"

I've watched abandoned cars despawn, eventually. That, I can confirm.

When I'm having a high ping, low fps night (low being less than 14fps; shit pc, working on it) on NA server, I'll run repo and traffic patrol. Every dirty job that comes along.

ie Impounding stolen vehicles and clearing intersections. Roleplay isn't all arrests, bounty hunting and glory, but hey I have vehicles set up for it and a Grease Monkey outfit...so why not? 

It's not perfect, I know. But I do my best to be part of the solution.

Cars driving along have despawned in front of me.

Most likely traffic was held up so they never drove off map the way they do.

its a pain when you need them for cover or a ride and poof they're gone at that critical moment 🙄