Ketog

I tried APB on triple monitors and that's what i got .

So i just got a third screen and it happened to be the same as my secondary screen , im now running a triple screen setup with a 1920*1080 screen in the middle and two 1600*900 screens on the side ( that costed 60€ together)

Im currently running a RX480 with 8GB of VRAM and an i7 6700 (not K) that i got for 50€ and 8Gigs of DDR4 Ram running at 2133 MHZ and as i know my graphics card can handle that, i wanted to try out APB on triple screens using AMD Eyefinity (equivalent to nvidia surround).

i wonder how many people tried that... @BungMonkey maybe ? :classic_happy:

I've already tried APB in extremely wide formats or weird resolutions but without actual physical monitors , it was only in windowed and using specific launch parameters , if you want to know how that looks like there you go :

warning image heavy spoiler .

Tests with a wide but okay looking resolution i don't remember which to be honest

8djGXZk.png

V7EqX4Y.png

More tests with an extremely wide resolution

Y9d5lIK.png

5Y8Lzcj.png027Kww0.pngHDtsFBN.pngsHXX0v5.png5IKk3ux.png

lWkAMnw.png

More stupid tests with a very high vertical resolution :

The line in the middle is my windows bar btw , i couldn't get it off .

H1Cc8mx.pngwxi9YwU.pngkZzGYLj.pngOVv0pYd.png

So anyway , if you seen the previous first pictures , you noticed that the gamme other than being super wide , seems normal , also the UI is on the sides like it's supposed to.

Let's go straight to the point , i started apb on my triple monitors (so in 5374*1080)

and i got a completely normal login screen on the middle screen with nothing on the sides , i thought my setup wasn't correct or that apb didn't like it  , but i kept on going and went to waterfront , everything was in the middle screen until i spawned and got this :

unknown.png

IMG_20181224_143248.jpgIMG_20181224_143333.jpg

Not gonna lie , i was completely amazed on how it turned out , triple screen was working , and only in game , not in the menus before entering a district , first thing i noticed is the UI isn't on the sides like i expected it to while the game was rendereing on all three screens the UI was only in the middle .

unknown.png

At first this seemed awsome as i wouldn't have to turn my head to look at my ammo or teammates , but i realised something else when going to fight club

unknown.png

Look at my teamate called "Zinnedine" i can see his name on the screen , but as soon as he gets on my left screen , where the ui isn't ...

unknown.png

I can't see his name anymore , his name dissapeared , that's when i remembered enemy names are part of APB's UI .

and i thought having the UI in the middle was very practical , haha , well guess i won't know if someone is an enemy or not as long as i don't directly look at him  .

while playing like this was mostly fine (i had an average of 80 FPS) , i noticed some funny bugs , such as this :

unknown.png

The kill icon being on the side of my main screen , no idea what it's going there but well , okay i guess.

And when i took damage the red effect was only in the middle :

unknown.png

While it was great , it was also very unpractical in other ways , but there we go , that's all i got .

This topic isn't a rant or anything , i just wanted to share my experience , im pretty sure everyone here knows APB isn't made for such crazy setups , and actually only very high budget games will support this .

but i wonder now, did any of you tried playing/plays apb this way ?

on my side im gonna switch back to single screen apb like i always used to play , not only it's easier on the eyes , but it's not bugged and i have a much higher FPS haha

Enjoy APB !

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Il play with a Samsung CHG 90 „32:9“ 3840x1080.

But enough is enough at this point xD

Edited by Fumiku
  • Like 2

Even though the UI doesn't support more than one screen it still looks very interesting
1920x1080 using 1280x1024 in game is enough for me tbh

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Fumiku said:

Il play with a Samsung CHG 90 „32:9“ 3840x1080.

But enough is enough at this point xD

Oh damn ! you got the ultrawide display , i've seen this but i never though an apb player would have one ! can we get a fullscreen screenshot ? :B

Edited by Ketog

57 minutes ago, Ketog said:

Oh damn ! you got the ultrawide display , i've seen this but i never though an apb player would have one ! can we get a fullscreen screenshot ? :B

yep one moment ^^

Edit:

eqkapUB.jpg

Edited by Fumiku
  • Like 5

How does it work in just one UW screen? 

1 hour ago, _chain said:

How does it work in just one UW screen? 

Don't ask me this ^^

I had a "Acer Razer Z35" before, but was pure trash. (Ghosting, tearing and lots of stretching on the sides).

The "Samsung chg90" works very very well in some games. (tested only the ones i had)

I am surprised it works perfectly in apb as well without any streching parts.

Edited by Fumiku
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Fumiku said:

yep one moment ^^

Edit:

eqkapUB.jpg

Is it playable? Looks cool 😄

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

Is it playable? Looks cool 😄

Yup it is. as i mentioned before. With the Acer Razer Z35 i would get a headache from playing (cuz stretched everywhere).

With the Samsung its fine (ye its just new that you see more as normal) 😄

But i don't regret it to bought it xP

Edited by Fumiku
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

if u had 3x 1080p monitors they would of been perfect...

2 hours ago, Latsha said:

Even though the UI doesn't support more than one screen it still looks very interesting
1920x1080 using 1280x1024 in game is enough for me tbh

u play stretched or black bars?

56 minutes ago, Fumiku said:

Don't ask me this ^^

I had a "Razer Z35" before, but was pure trash. (Ghosting, tearing and lots of stretching on the sides).

The "Samsung chg90" works very very well in some games. (tested only the ones i had)

I am surprised it works perfectly in apb as well without any streching parts.

Im pretty sure razer doesn't make gaming screens 😛

i guess you meant Acer Z35

1 hour ago, _chain said:

How does it work in just one UW screen

Im pretty sure APB works completely fine in a single screen doesn't matter the resolution , using AMD super resolution i have tried playing APB in 8K and everything seemed normal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ketog said:

Im pretty sure razer doesn't make gaming screens 😛

i guess you meant Acer Z35

Im pretty sure APB works completely fine in a single screen doesn't matter the resolution , using AMD super resolution i have tried playing APB in 8K and everything seemed normal

Holy shit, ye acer. I was a bit wooshy with predator and razer :s

Fookin stupid names ....Corrected it oi

Edited by Fumiku

APB in ultrawide is great, I'm using a 29" ultrawide atm and I'm planning on getting some monitors to flank each side. Maybe I'll try triple screen with 2 16:9 monitors and a 21:9 in the middle.

• Like 2

On 12/24/2018 at 3:42 PM, Keshi said:

if u had 3x 1080p monitors they would of been perfect...

u play stretched or black bars?

stretched, helps me move my mouse horizontally tbh
once i went super wide i can't go back because 1080p seems so slow and vertically stretched to me

1 hour ago, moneychixx said:

nice, you can see everything on the side, good for corner camping X'D

You can do this in some games as well, like CsGo etc

Even if its first person.

Edited by Fumiku

On 12/26/2018 at 12:55 AM, LordTimzor said:

Why is there a colour difference between your middle and outer screens though? o_o'

Well , it's just different screens , plus the side screens as they're cheap , they got very narrow view angles making them dimmer when not looking straight at them , but i can assure you the color difference is barely noticable when playing .

• Like 1

On 12/25/2018 at 3:44 PM, Latsha said:

stretched, helps me move my mouse horizontally tbh
once i went super wide i can't go back because 1080p seems so slow and vertically stretched to me

i know the feels...been playing on 4:3 on csgo too, so much easier to move and aim lmfao

Did you find that setup actually useful in game? Wasn't it unconfortable to look at the other monitors?

1 hour ago, Merody said:

Did you find that setup actually useful in game? Wasn't it unconfortable to look at the other monitors?

even tho it made apb much more immersive , it wasn't very practical , having no ui on the sides meaning no enemies / allies names just made it basically pointless , as for the looking , well , i placed my monitors is a way that i barely have to turn my head to look at them , so no it wasn't unconmfortable .

it also made me a bit dizzy at first but it(s mostly because im not used to my whole field of view being taken by screens , it went away the more i played it this way so i guess it's only a matter of getting used to it.

If you ever consider it, I recommend getting a 1440p 21:9 monitor. It has the convenience of a ultrawide screen experience but it only 1 monitor and its not as disorientating as playing with 3 monitors that have bezels that are clearly too f*cking wide.

LG has some good ones 😉