Sign in to follow this  
VladIasi

Quality

After you finish all the "Top Problems" can we see a major improvement on the way the game looks? I know you said we wouldn't, but as everyone knows, if you have a small decal you can't really tell what it is, so this is a major problem. More, we can see this throughout the world, with objects, vehicles and even characters and clothes. 
Please do something about this. We are waiting.

• Like 1

I'd be for cleaning things up and making things scale better, but I really hope that they don't do what a lot of AAA devs do and blow tons of money on graphics at the expense of everything else.

Plus I'd rather not see the hardware requirements of the game go up much, if at all. That would be annoying.

15 minutes ago, Freewind said:

I'd be for cleaning things up and making things scale better, but I really hope that they don't do what a lot of AAA devs do and blow tons of money on graphics at the expense of everything else.

Plus I'd rather not see the hardware requirements of the game go up much, if at all. That would be annoying.

They talked very little about this topic, but they said that even on UE4 we won't see a significant change on the visuals. What I am trying to say on this topic is that we need more quality overall, not necessarily way better graphics, but the resolution of objects, decals, characters. As we all now, everything is a bit too pixelated at the moment. 

1 minute ago, VladIasi said:

They talked very little about this topic, but they said that even on UE4 we won't see a significant change on the visuals. What I am trying to say on this topic is that we need more quality overall, not necessarily way better graphics, but the resolution of objects, decals, characters. As we all now, everything is a bit too pixelated at the moment. 

Maybe. We need to be careful though. Final Fantasy 14 died because the game gave flower pots the same graphical attention as player characters. Nobody could run the game well.

Let's not have APB do the same thing, aye?

I think that the old engine upgrade videos look good enough:

Just now, Freewind said:

Maybe. We need to be careful though. Final Fantasy 14 died because the game gave flower pots the same graphical attention as player characters. Nobody could run the game well.

I agree with you, didn't even say that we need huge improvement only on the visual quality, after all, this is a shooter. But you have to agree with me that an improvement in this way, that will not have major consequences on the hardware requirements, would be welcomed, otherwise, the costumization system is almost useless. 
Anyway, the game lags right now mostly because of the engine it runs on, but on UE4 we will not have problems like we have now, the code will be done right, without the bugs and performance issues we see and have now.

All in all, we have to wait and see anyway, hopefully they will make this game look and perform as we expect to. After all, it's 2018 and so it should perform and look at least as a game from 2015 and not 2010.

49 minutes ago, VladIasi said:

After you finish all the "Top Problems" can we see a major improvement on the way the game looks? I know you said we wouldn't, but as everyone knows, if you have a small decal you can't really tell what it is, so this is a major problem. More, we can see this throughout the world, with objects, vehicles and even characters and clothes. 
Please do something about this. We are waiting.

Let them handle actual problems first, and oh, higher your graphics settings then.

2 minutes ago, ninetenduh said:

Let them handle actual problems first, and oh, higher your graphics settings then.

As I have said, this is something they need to take a look on after they finish the major problems. And running the game on "Maximum" doesn't do anything, trust me, people have talked about this too.

A vast majority of the playerbase seems to run the game on Minimum anyway. They also seem to prefer spending their money on Armas weapons than getting/building a PC that isnt a complete potato. Seriously, I built my rig from a summer job (with rent, insurance, car, food, the usual expenses) and it runs Arma 3 maxed out at 160+ FPS. I don't see why minimum graphics are even an option now, if you can't run APB at this point, then why even bother having a PC?

1 hour ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

Performance over quality imo.

Even if i already liked it... im quoting it...because performance over quality...

1 hour ago, Thial said:

I think that the old engine upgrade videos look good enough:

Agreed this looks good enough. All it has to do is use the potential of our PC Parts to actually deliver the best performance and less stuttering,freeze and lag as posible. and give me the damn option to reach 144fps... my 1080 on 30% usage and 7700k on 35% usage when running apb(on minimum ofcourse) to try maintaining a stable fps even tho it barely stays at 120

1 minute ago, Keshi said:

Even if i already liked it... im quoting it...because performance over quality...

Agreed this looks good enough. All it has to do is use the potential of our PC Parts to actually deliver the best performance and less stuttering,freeze and lag as posible. and give me the damn option to reach 144fps... my 1080 on 30% usage and 7700k on 35% usage when running apb(on minimum ofcourse) to try maintaining a stable fps even tho it barely stays at 120

That's purely optimization magic, and a bit of dust from adding more graphical instensive tasks as right now APB loves CPU + Single core performance. (like the majority of games, actually)

Why do you run APB on minimum if you can run it higher?

2 hours ago, VladIasi said:

They did say they were going to do a pass on the models or a visual upgrade iirc on the open letter blog. I agree that APB drastically needs a visual upgrade. Characters, weapons and vehicles still look like they’re stuck in last, last, last gen graphics though we’ll likely need to wait on either UE 3.5 or 4 because they have to dumb down the poly count and texture resolution on everything for optimization purposes 

Edited by SuperToaster
  • Like 1

would b nice 2 see better looking symbols when they are on cars and cloths 💜

I believe as Matt said in the Q&A they are definitely going to be looking into this when the second project 'Unification' starts. 

1 hour ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

That's purely optimization magic, and a bit of dust from adding more graphical instensive tasks as right now APB loves CPU + Single core performance. (like the majority of games, actually)

Why do you run APB on minimum if you can run it higher?

i have a 144hz monitor and if i max everything, even if it STILL WONT use all my 1080 power i will get around 70 fps...and lets not talk about waterfront.. 😞
so minimum with bloom on is the best for me to try maintaining at 120fps. it sucks lol

Any other 144hz users here?

Everyone crying out for engine upgrade for better graphics yet the majority of the playerbases uses minimal or potato.

🤠🤠🤠🤠

3 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

Performance over quality imo.

yeah tell that to all the graphic whores who told me that "apb looks bad because of graphics"

2 minutes ago, Keshi said:

i have a 144hz monitor and if i max everything, even if it STILL WONT use all my 1080 power i will get around 70 fps...and lets not talk about waterfront.. 😞
so minimum with bloom on is the best for me to try maintaining at 120fps. it sucks lol

Any other 144hz users here?

144Hz monitor is pointless atm because the game is locked to 121 fps.

And the game is more CPU heavy than GPU, but with the Engine upgrade it would be hopefully more balanced out.

But yes, i too use 144Hz monitor.

6 minutes ago, iPlumbum said:

144Hz monitor is pointless atm because the game is locked to 121 fps.

And the game is more CPU heavy than GPU, but with the Engine upgrade it would be hopefully more balanced out.

But yes, i too use 144Hz monitor.

yep...been praying for years for the new ""engine"" to also have better optimizations and can allow me to cap at 144 and not dip and lose half my fps in the center of waterfront

2 hours ago, Dark Rider 400 said:

A vast majority of the playerbase seems to run the game on Minimum anyway. They also seem to prefer spending their money on Armas weapons than getting/building a PC that isnt a complete potato. Seriously, I built my rig from a summer job (with rent, insurance, car, food, the usual expenses) and it runs Arma 3 maxed out at 160+ FPS. I don't see why minimum graphics are even an option now, if you can't run APB at this point, then why even bother having a PC?

i mean part of the problem is that theres very little performance difference between minimum and maximum settings without going outside the game and using advanced launcher

and even if you have a pc that can consistently hit 120fps theres still terrible optimization issues that affect stability

I play on high settings, and maintain 45-60 fps, Asylum is the only true bane of my computer's existence, it'll dip into the high 20's.

Sure minimum for performance, but I like being able to see the detail I've put into my character and clothes.

In my opinion, the game should move the symbols on cars and characters to vector graphics.

4 hours ago, Freewind said:

No worries - no one can run APB anyways

Sign in to follow this