Sign in to follow this  
VladIasi

Quality

If they fixed performance, less people would have to run with potato graphics and that would improve the impression of how the game looks.

It is about 9 years old and always had a slightly cartoonish aesthetic, imo. So there's only so well it's going to hold up until it's rebuilt on Unreal 4. Which is quite a while down the line.

2 hours ago, SuperToaster said:

They did say they were going to do a pass on the models or a visual upgrade iirc on the open letter blog. I agree that APB drastically needs a visual upgrade. Characters, weapons and vehicles still look like they’re stuck in last, last, last gen graphics though we’ll likely need to wait on either UE 3.5 or 4 because they have to dumb down the poly count and texture resolution on everything for optimization purposes 

Finally someone who got my point. I agree with you and I am sure we have to wait for the UE4 upgrade until we see some changes. 
For all of you, it is not about performance issues here, I have a good PC that can run APB good enough on maximum settings, the idea is that they want to port the game to UE4 for several reasons. One of them is optimization because even if you have a good enough PC you will still have problems with the game, because of its various bugs and scrip issues.

1 hour ago, Keshi said:

yep...been praying for years for the new ""engine"" to also have better optimizations and can allow me to cap at 144 and not dip and lose half my fps in the center of waterfront

What you mean thats a feature of waterfront 😅

52 minutes ago, ╬ PzKpfw VI Tiger said:

No worries - no one can run APB anyways

Tada tsssss

Sign in to follow this