Akito

Car Play Balancing

Car Play Balancing  

106 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should players be able to shoot opposing players inside cars? (EX: The ability to shoot inside the car windows)

• Yes
    • No
    • Why you asking me? Who are you? Get outta my house before I call the cops!

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/31/18 at 06:00 AM

1 hour ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

daily silvers sucking at APB wanting to nerf apb thread throw it in the bin, thanks.

MattScott has already said he values anyone's opinions to give a better view overall.

Overruled by the beard himself.

this thread is so subjective though.

the OP can literally be summed up as this: "i don't like the way people play because it counters my own playstyle"

it's like me making a thread demanding that sniper rifles get removed/nerf because i don't like sniper playstyle. 

if you havea  problem with "car gameplay" just get an osmaw, or a volcano, or concs, or a satchel charge. how can you say it's not balanced when you literally have all of those at your disposal.

i have a vegas 4x4 with armor 3 and still one osmaw takes me out so how is it not balanced? 

2 minutes ago, Stunny said:

the OP can literally be summed up as this: "i don't like the way people play because it counters my own playstyle"

it's like me making a thread demanding that sniper rifles get removed/nerf because i don't like sniper playstyle. 

if you havea  problem with "car gameplay" just get an osmaw, or a volcano, or concs, or a satchel charge. how can you say it's not balanced when you literally have all of those at your disposal.

i have a vegas 4x4 with armor 3 and still one osmaw takes me out so how is it not balanced? 

^this^

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stunny said:

There are counters yeah, but the game is getting stale and that's why it's dying....it needs change.

16 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

^this^

1. sure enough it is to a certain degree.

2. The topic of car gameplay has been an on-going topic ever since the changes happened to vehicles and more importantly changes to LMGs (way back when I dont really remember). So clearly its not just me          saying "i dont like the way people play because it counters my own playstyle", clearly the topic itself is more than meets the eye.

3. It was a suggestion thread and I even made it a poll to see the point of view of others since I was curious about the topic. Its hardly even a "demanding" type of thread since the tone of the question itself wasnt anywhere near the "PLZ REMOVE CARS THEY TOO OP :(" kind of title, much less aggressive (Im genuinely asking the community on what they think)

4. What about players who havent unlocked demolition weapons? what are they stuck with when fighting against people who spam espacio or nulander with blow torch? The fact that you said "how can you say its not balanced when you literally have all of those at your disposal." just helps my point. I as a person with a HIGH leveled character with weapons that clearly give me a bit more of an edge than your average player, along with decent experience with the game can easily bully the players that dont have said advantages. Trust me I wouldnt be making this thread at all if I felt like car play wasnt an underlying issue. Hell, I do it myself when Im tryharding, Because thats how much of an abuse-able mechanic it is when done correctly.

*its easy to say that getting a certain gun or using a certain item can help you counter car play, However, the effect of said item varies depending on what the item is and how the user puts it in action, this ultimately decides the end result of whether its good or bad as a counter*

5.It doesnt matter if you main a Vegas 4x4, there are people who have Espacios or Nulanders with High Burn fuel, Armor 3, radar, etc roaming around. Its a mobile tank wall you take with you anywhere that doesnt kill you when it explodes and can take 1 osmaw rocket and still live (then the user gets out of their car and uses blowtorch almost instantaneously (trust me everyone does this same crap, hell I do it).

*Also lets not forget about the Fresno, which with the same popular mods used on Espacios and Nulanders, you can have a car that can survive 1 osmaw rocket and 2 volcano rockets with a 100% chance of survival and still being able to be driven without breaking down as quickly as other cars*

-God forbid the person is in a group or have someone to repair their car for them, it means less attention to their car along with support from their teammate and more time for chasing you down and mowing you 

-there are several variables that benefit car play mechanics more so than the negative aspect of using said "playstyle", I cant even think of a definite counter to it, though I can think of some it still isnt in the realm of 100% effective and a direct counter

@Stunny

Edited by Akito
typo

12 hours ago, Xegethra said:

There are counters yeah, but the game is getting stale and that's why it's dying....it needs change.

...so the game needs change by removing mechanics and banning people from playing ways you personally don't like to play?

how stale do you think the game would be if people were only allowed to play exactly the way you want people to play?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stunny said:

...so the game needs change by removing mechanics and banning people from playing ways you personally don't like to play?

how stale do you think the game would be if people were only allowed to play exactly the way you want people to play?

you’re making the issue way more black and white than it actually is, i don’t think anyone has said to outright remove carplay, just to add more balancing factors to it

• Like 1

I also never said I agreed with any banning. Just the car mechanics are lacking at the moment.

Lets imagine LO would realize this more than stupid suggestion.

It still wouldnt change your 0.1 kd every match in bronze district.

Just to be clear, I only voted no because I'm 100% sure that any proposition made towards "yes" is incredibly stupid and/or biased.

A lot of people are arguing for lowering car health. That's dumb, nobody should listen to them about pretty much anything: The reason everyone plays high health car is because of the volcano, and the fact that nobody likes getting OSK'd.

And let's face it, whether a bullet travels through the windows straight into the driver's head, or comes from the back of the car all the way to the driver's toenail shouldn't really lead to the same damage. But then you have two problems:

1) How to make sense of that in a game with no headshot (for all of you kids who get messy pants and foam at the mouth at the concept of realism)

2) How the fuck are you going to code that shit in

It's not worth the effort, especially with all the grumpy "old school" (aka the reason why the game is so moldy and no new player stays long enough) players who've been playing this game for so long they've got a massive rust buildup up there and can't think straight anymore, let alone not react violently to any change, percieved or otherwise.

And then there's just assholes telling others that they're wrong, yet will never point people in the right dirrection. Probably the second most pointless interaction I've seen on this smart haul of a forum.

You're all Removed Inappropriate Language ~@mayii and the game is shit, that's why nobody wants to play it. And all of your ideas are terrible, be it players or staff member.

"most players enjoy driving only 3 cars, so lets turn them into shit" - u

Well, that would be asuming people actually enjoy that instead of being forced to due to shitty gameplay and mediocre alternatives. Yeah sure, some hipster with his han coywolf is going to be "look at me I'm so different" well nobody cares about you or your shit car, we're all different, you don't matter and your parents never loved you.

Happy new year, get a life.

15 minutes ago, Onadan said:

Yeah sure, some hipster with his han coywolf is going to be "look at me I'm so different" well nobody cares about you or your shit car, we're all different, you don't matter and your parents never loved you.

Happy new year, get a life.

Best post of 2018. 

You basically wants to nerf a thing that made APB what it is, hell no. I love that vehicles in the game has that penetration defensive windows which makes the car system quite unique than other and gives it an aspect that changes it from being another "Grand Theft Auto" game. Without doubt there are few vehicles that needs to be nerfed such as the Vegas, and others that I can't remember their names rn. but basically most of the vehicles with the horrible handling and speeding.

23 hours ago, Onadan said:

Yeah sure, some hipster with his han coywolf is going to be "look at me I'm so different" well nobody cares about you or your shit car, we're all different, you don't matter and your parents never loved you.

Shit talk my coywolf again and we're gonna fight.