Akito

Car Play Balancing

Car Play Balancing  

106 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should players be able to shoot opposing players inside cars? (EX: The ability to shoot inside the car windows)

• Yes
    • No
    • Why you asking me? Who are you? Get outta my house before I call the cops!

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/31/18 at 06:00 AM

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

what would be untrue?

Well tell us then, why would the devs need to wait til 4.0 to balance vehicles?

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Well tell us then, why would the devs need to wait til 4.0 to balance vehicles?

what are you doing? the 3.5 is to help clean up the spaghetti and the final upgrade would give the real possibilities of major changes like that without adding major bugs. you of all people know that.

did you have your coffee yet? still kinda early this morning.

5 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

what are you doing? the 3.5 is to help clean up the spaghetti and the final upgrade would give the real possibilities of major changes like that without adding major bugs. you of all people know that.

did you have your coffee yet? still kinda early this morning.

Well just so you know, you are wrong and you are once again, spreading misinformation.

Please, just stop already.

• Like 1

Well just so you know, you are wrong and you are once again, spreading misinformation.

Please, just stop already.

by all means correct me and say what and why

2 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

by all means correct me and say what and why

Everything you said was incorrect.

Which shouldn't be surprising, because you were only guessing.

12 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

When the engine upgrade is upgraded to the final upgrade the changing car programming would be safely possible without  making a chaotic mess of bugs so i would rather wait

how is that a guess?

Balance is a top priority just after the upgrade to 3.5, as we've been told.

4.0 is far off, as we've also been told.

Balance is a top priority just after the upgrade to 3.5, as we've been told.

4.0 is far off, as we've also been told.

yes....and? *shrugs*

9 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

yes....and? *shrugs*

Just go away already.

Spreading misinformation is harmful to the community.

Its ok not to know stuff.

You dont always have to pretend.

Edited by CookiePuss

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

When the engine upgrade is upgraded to the final upgrade the changing car programming would be safely possible without  making a chaotic mess of bugs so i would rather wait

what misinformation?

7 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

Nah, that wouldn't work. You can just do the insta-enter/exit to deal with that.

Then fix that too while youre at it, it needs to be fixed,

But most car warriors jump out 5 feet from you, not posistion their car to insta-glitch in and out, so it'd still nerf it 

3 hours ago, Frosi said:

Pretty much this. However, some car mods are still absurd when they're compared with each other. Steel Plating 3, Armored Engine 3 and Radar Tower / Car spawner. Although a general health nerf to the current Meta nerfs go could a long way.

I'd go ahead and say that High Burn Fuel is a worse offender than all of the above, but it "disguises" itself as a quality of life mod pretty well. It takes out the risk of relying too much on one's car for cover, and some cars' huge health pools don't exactly help. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Archon said:

Then fix that too while youre at it, it needs to be fixed,

xd LO fixing something haha 

still waiting for that car radar fix ;; not just the fact that they dont show up, but also the fact that people who spawn in range of the radar tower never actually go off the map until it's destroyed/repsawned hahahaahaha

Edited by iRawwwN

56 minutes ago, Lyfeld said:

I'd go ahead and say that High Burn Fuel is a worse offender than all of the above, but it "disguises" itself as a quality of life mod pretty well. It takes out the risk of relying too much on one's car for cover, and some cars' huge health pools don't exactly help. 

Not gonna lie, I actually forgot about HBU there for a second. Obviously another mod on the list of Car Modifications that should be looked into. (Reducing the max health of the car would be a valid tradeoff.)

19 minutes ago, Frosi said:

Not gonna lie, I actually forgot about HBU there for a second. Obviously another mod on the list of Car Modifications that should be looked into. (Reducing the max health of the car would be a valid tradeoff.)

Vehicles already have a different amount of health. the majority of players either use 4x4 vegas or a heavy vehicle "espacio, nulander, even the 4x4 dolton fresno but, its quite rare to obtain." becuase of the difference in health.

adding sp3 and hbf on top just makes the heavies more of a cruch to deal with since its superior for cover and takes way more punishment.

there are times where people place exp3 and car-bomb but, I digress the only thing I can say is the timer could be larger since every time you re-spawn the vehicle it resets the timer making it spammable. adding like a cooldown of 2m makes it feel more balanced since other skills have that as well making more of strategy instead of running wild abusing it.

Edited by IRyanI

9 minutes ago, Frosi said:

-x% acceleration/torque would make more sense (different fuel being less efficient or something), and also deter people from stacking high burn fuel with steel plating 

You bastards leave my Nitro3, Steel Plating 3, High Burn Fuel, Radar Tower Pioneer alone!

mmmmm interesting idea, if the cars cant be destroyed before everyone inside is done for

and like osmaws should require at least two shots in 4 seat cars (front seats boom / back seats boom)

Players shouldn't be able to repair their vehicles on the spot. Remove blowtorch and vehicle play will be balanced again.

Accused of misinformation and no reason why given.

Does anyone remember how many different ways cars were broken to where they could be shot through?

You know....like they were not there to begin with?

I do and I know where I was in waterfront still during one of those times they were broken and provided zero cover.

Nothing wrong with me saying I would rather wait than tamper with something that can break again.

About the high burn fuel :

Every time I play on silver district the first thing I hear lately  is 3 to 7 different volcano rockets going off.

Does it really matter that it takes you two more rockets to kill someone when their car blows but doesn't kill them from the fuel?

Now if you're not actually using a volcano of course it matters especially if you do not have cover....so get under cover perhaps?

Which would be great if cars do not get broken again.....

Which is why I would rather wait.

No.

The better way to fix the "car gameplay" issue is to review and balance all the cars health/speed/accel, etc. 

The biggest issues are the: Pioneer/Espacio and 4x4.

On 12/24/2018 at 8:56 AM, Fortune Runner said:

Accused of misinformation and no reason why given.

Does anyone remember how many different ways cars were broken to where they could be shot through?

You know....like they were not there to begin with?

I do and I know where I was in waterfront still during one of those times they were broken and provided zero cover.

Nothing wrong with me saying I would rather wait than tamper with something that can break again.

He told you why.  You just ignored it and said "Yes ...and?".  He said that LO themselves said balance is a priority after 3.5.  4.0 is a long ways away.  Like a really long ways away.  They are rewriting the entire game for 4.0.  The misinformation you gave is the idea that changing anything about vehicles would cause a whole mess of bugs, and that it can only be done successfully with 4.0, which isn't true.  They might even be able change them just fine now without running into too many issues, though there is always the possibility of something breaking.  We just don't know.  Saying we just don't know is better than saying something that might not be true.

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

He told you why.  You just ignored it and said "Yes ...and?".  He said that LO themselves said balance is a priority after 3.5.  4.0 is a long ways away.  Like a really long ways away.  They are rewriting the entire game for 4.0.  The misinformation you gave is the idea that changing anything about vehicles would cause a whole mess of bugs, and that it can only be done successfully with 4.0, which isn't true.  They might even be able change them just fine now without running into too many issues, though there is always the possibility of something breaking.  We just don't know.  Saying we just don't know is better than saying something that might not be true.

But I didn't say that. that's what you two said I said but I did not.

10 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Devs with proper knowledge of Unreal 3 should be able to implement breaking glass and shoot-through windows into a game without much problem. It's not even a might be

The problem of breaking glass/shoot-through windows, convertibles and even motorcycles have never been and will never be one-on-one tied with engine limitations, especially not in UE3.5. The problem lies within balance itself. Cars don't travel very quickly in the game, and the map isn't built for much higher velocity either.

Tech available these days allows for much deeper and more creative ambitions to be realized. 

It's risible from Fortune Runner to call it Engine Limitations in one way or another.

It's a matter of how much you want to change. That would always be the bottleneck for things like that.

I think changes like these will get immense negative backlash from the community, "because then it's not APB anymore," even though APB deserves so much more than it is now. Far beyond midtown. Especially considering the tech available these days.

• Thanks 1