Akito

Car Play Balancing

Car Play Balancing  

106 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should players be able to shoot opposing players inside cars? (EX: The ability to shoot inside the car windows)

• Yes
    • No
    • Why you asking me? Who are you? Get outta my house before I call the cops!

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/31/18 at 06:00 AM

hmmmmmmmm

Edited by Akito

I don't think it's a good idea to change fundemental aspects of game like this, however, I do think a nerf to 'car warrior' gameplay is a good idea. I wouldn't know how they'd do that. (Slowing down the entering and exiting vehicle action is the best i dea I got tbh)

• Like 1

What have i told you about thinking shasatu???

A already suggested in the past some changes they should make to car gameplay and a new mod they could add to the game. Currently when you get out of a car at high speeds your health is not affected. They should change this and then they could also add a new mod that Improves resilience

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Archon said:

I don't think it's a good idea to change fundemental aspects of game like this, however, I do think a nerf to 'car warrior' gameplay is a good idea. I wouldn't know how they'd do that. (Slowing down the entering and exiting vehicle action is the best i dea I got tbh)

+1 Add a bit of self-damage if you exit your car at high speeds... that way, car rushing is a bit of a punished gamble.

Also, can we please have 5 storage slots in the uhm... sh** i forgot the name of the vehicle ... that sporty subaru-type racing car....
I like the vehicle, but it breaks as easily as a mini and it has only 2 storage slots, for some odd reason.

Edited by Tigrix
  • Like 3

I think rather than 'real realism' we need 'hollywood realism' whereby if you shoot the petrol cap on any vehicle it will instantly blow up!

And even I'm not sure if I'm being serious.

I wouldn't mind if this was possible, and for the people that like car windows as they are, with that the devs could make a mod for cars that fortifies car windows.

This game simply wasn't made for the car windows to be shot through. The gunplay and the speed at which the vehicles move just don't work with this and would make the game super frustrating.

9 minutes ago, LoveForMatt said:

Why not adding them to the pile?

Has nothing to do with hackusations.

7 hours ago, Archon said:

(Slowing down the entering and exiting vehicle action is the best i dea I got tbh)

Nah, that wouldn't work. You can just do the insta-enter/exit to deal with that.

11 minutes ago, LoveForMatt said:

Why not adding them to the pile?

We don't have pile of this YET

Just put it in that corner over here.

with there being armas kits that cover the windows - no, that would be a bad idea.

but yeah... it probably should be possible (as there also are hitboxes of the players inside the cars iirc), although i think AV weapons are a good way to bypass this issue and simultaneously bring more variety to the weaponpool

also, i think balance wise it is fair that you can lean outside the windows and be shot then - and that people can carsurf (although that should be made more accessible to newer players (i know, it already is, with jt...))

Edited by neophobia

If that's added I'd also like to be able to pull out my SMG or secondary to shoot out and defend myself from that crap. 

Also +1 to damage when leaving the car at max speed

Edited by _chain
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, _chain said:

If that's added I'd also like to be able to pull out my SMG or secondary to shoot out and defend myself from that crap. 

It never gonna be added.

OP think UE 3.0 is sponge which can take everything.

• Like 1

If you'd implement this some of the car kits could actually be considered pay to win since some kits put plating over the windows making the players inside harder to see (like the latest Pioneer kits). I think a better place to start would be to put a stop to this Vegas/Pioneer meta since everyone is only using these vehicles and you're pretty much invincible inside them.

Edited by -Niw
  • Like 1

I think rebalancing all vehicles would make this a lot less of an issue.

• Like 5

up conc hard damage to explode any car with one grenade and bring back the ability to run yourself over with your own vehicle 

3 hours ago, GhosT said:

I think rebalancing all vehicles would make this a lot less of an issue.

I can agree with this. "Car gameplay" wouldn't be as much of a problem if Pioneers, Espacios and 4x4s were brought in line with the rest of the cars rather than outclassing them. 

17 hours ago, Lyfeld said:

I can agree with this. "Car gameplay" wouldn't be as much of a problem if Pioneers, Espacios and 4x4s were brought in line with the rest of the cars rather than outclassing them. 

Pretty much this. However, some car mods are still absurd when they're compared with each other. (Steel Plating 3, Armored Engine 3 and Radar Tower / Car spawner) Although a general health nerf to the current Meta cars could go a long way.

Edited by Frosi
Fixed some horrible spelling
  • Like 1

No. Cars mechanics are near perfect as they are now I'd say. Some cars are a bit weak, maybe.

Would like to remove mods from my old premium cars though but that's another topic I guess.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 8

When the engine upgrade is upgraded to the final upgrade the changing car programming would be safely possible without  making a chaotic mess of bugs so i would rather wait

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

When the engine upgrade is upgraded to the final upgrade the changing car programming would be safely possible without  making a chaotic mess of bugs so i would rather wait

Why do you say things when you dont even know if they are true?

Edited by CookiePuss