Sign in to follow this  
Tigrix

Item rewards from events .. pick one or multiple..

(edit topic name)
How are we supposed to know what the specific item rewards look like from just a piece of text telling us to pick rewards?

(edit: in santa case you get both, but in previous events and perhaps in this one too at later ranks - it has been choices where you only get to pick 1 of multiple choices, so it'd be nice being able to SEE the item in the display, sorta like with MP, before you "select" ---- don't expect the average player to search/read sticky forum threads ---- keep things relevant to the game, accessible within the game, that's good game design) 

Edited by Tigrix
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

imagination 

awesome 😄 

3 hours ago, Tigrix said:

How are we supposed to know what they look like from just a piece of text telling us to pick only 1 of them as reward? O.o

Reading stickied  threads must be super hard.....

giphy.webp

45 minutes ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

6 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

zfqW6UH.png

Pick one. How hard is it?

So from a bunch of shapes... SantaHat1 is top layer ? 

4 hours ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

giphy.webp

all i see is an image of shapes, i don't see any attachment of names or descriptions, nor how they look in-game?
You got a problem reading or you were just too fast on the trigger trying to find something you could nail ol' tigrix with.

Further, while my actual question sinks in with you, lemme ask you: are ppl are supposed to visit forums to search sticky threads for rewards they are presented while playing IN the game? and some image of raw shapes is what you call showing in-game looks?
Tthis here, you're presenting me as "duhhhh logic"?

god, LO, i really hope you aren't employing people like this for any actual game design consulting down the line.

Thx ketog, with nymphi, its expected, but you managed to fail reading the simple question i posed as well 😉 

Edited by Tigrix
  • Like 1

EH... If you would read mail CORRECTLY, you would know you get BOTH.

The only choice is between faction-related symbols (which somehow I don't see I received... next freaking bug?)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mitne said:

EH... If you would read mail CORRECTLY, you would know you get BOTH.

The only choice is between faction-related symbols (which somehow I don't see I received... next freaking bug?)

added that in a big clear edit over an hour ago before you responded.......  you rly should take your own advice on reading things before you reply.

4 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

added that in a big clear edit over an hour ago before you responded.......  you rly should take your own advice on reading things before you reply.

I readed it hours ago and didn't bothered to reply.

Also your edit seems like extension to your own question.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tigrix said:

So from a bunch of shapes... SantaHat1 is top layer ? 

Can confirm SantaHat1 is a layer yes.

But since someone can't take a joke let's use our heads. 

rewards.png.4f738782f4a40cf4456750216689

vinyl.jpg.2c7948a8c9e9e07e9a91455909298c

AFAICT all Reward 1 are top row and all Reward 2 bottom row. Using that assumption and the assumption that some like to order things with the top being 1st we can assume that SantaHat1 is the top row reward and SH2 is bottom. 

But you know what? Now I'm upset I completely agree that LO should have been a little bit more descriptive or helpful with this simple names under the pictures or even a better description (Santa Hat Left/Right) would have helped and you know what - how come some rewards and items (I'm talking all over the game not just this event) do have previews in game but others don't? I'm looking at Speedball's JT stuff versus Wilde etc. 

For that matter we should be able to preview everything just like in the Marketplace. ARMAs is a huge let down in this regard. 

Edited by KnifuWaifu
There I was all bitchy over someone being upset over vinyls and now I'm upset too. I'm going to take a note from Matt's book and blame Cooky.

17 hours ago, Tigrix said:

all i see is an image of shapes, i don't see any attachment of names or descriptions, nor how they look in-game?
You got a problem reading or you were just too fast on the trigger trying to find something you could nail ol' tigrix with.

Further, while my actual question sinks in with you, lemme ask you: are ppl are supposed to visit forums to search sticky threads for rewards they are presented while playing IN the game? and some image of raw shapes is what you call showing in-game looks?
Tthis here, you're presenting me as "duhhhh logic"?

god, LO, i really hope you aren't employing people like this for any actual game design consulting down the line.

Thx ketog, with nymphi, its expected, but you managed to fail reading the simple question i posed as well 😉 

Well, since it seems we need to put on our kiddie gloves and explain things to you....

1) The Image of the Symbols is divided into two rows. The top rows are the (Symbol Name) 1 and the bottom row is (Symbol Name) 2. This is evident with Lixil's handy dandy chart that she posted right above the image.

2) These are SYMBOLS, and as such, look EXACTLY like how Lixil posted. Symbols are primitives, that you can use within the game, and color accordingly. They only have one color, unless you get creative with layers and other stuff. DECALS have the multiple colors.

3) You took time to post this, so, thus you are on the forums. And instead of reading the STICKIED thread made by the Community Manager, you just thought, in your infinite wisdom, that you were gonna be so super smart, and try to post something that you thought was a glaring oversight, but, instead, you got shown the answers, and are now trying to back peddle.

GG, Tigrix. No re.

20 hours ago, Defibrillator said:

Welc back

Thank you. ^.^ Glad to see some things just never change. LOL!

God, trigrix forever seems like a pissed off kid all the time. Maybe one day he can replay like a normal person.

7 hours ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

Well, since it seems we need to put on our kiddie gloves and explain things to you....

1) 

2)

3)

GG, Tigrix. No re.

Thank you. ^.^ Glad to see some things just never change. LOL!

Oh my, where to begin ... 

First, you completely misunderstood the topic, in your eagerness to seem clever.
Perhaps if I again help, with a few further elaborations:

Yes, it's a decal - in the example of "pick 1 permanent backpack", it wasn't a decal and there's been multiple examples, where it isn't decals but where it's expected that players use forums to find out what rewards they're selecting.
Since LO has now shown capability of creating new events from the ground and up, it's already a given that they've got some programmers on hand, so why not do things right from the beginning? Don't make in-game selections that require people to use forums in order to really find out what they're getting or what they are "able" to get down the line if they play an event till X and Y ranks are reached.

Of course I understand that to someone as you, it's sacrilege when another person tells you that creating a forum account and reading sticky threads should not be required in order to play the game and know the exact unlockable rewards and their looks (in case of clothing ones) (not JUST in a bad case of decals, which i admit was a bad example, but there are plenty good examples).

Of course with your personal issues and forum history, you'd not understand my point. 

tl;dr
Make things that are relevant to the game, accessible within the game, that's good game design.

Don't toss your lego's around now please, it's okay if you still can't get it.

Edited by Tigrix
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Tigrix said:

Blah blah blah blah.

It's funny, because this is how EVERY Tigrix thread goes.

He makes a first post, with little to no detail, let alone what he is trying to point out, and then, as more and more people point out the thing he first posted, the entire post takes a different turn, and then, finally, we get to the meat of the issue.

It's like pulling teeth.

Now that we are at the actual meaning of what I am sure you actually wanted to talk about, yes, it's a slight slip up. But then again,, when have we ever had a chance at a symbol reward choice? Maybe the preview area is not available within the current coding of the GUI. Maybe they wanted to toss it out, without breaking the GUI, so there could be something for Christmas?

Who knows?

giphy.gif

First world problem. And who would have thought

Hi there,

For the OP, this is a reasonable suggestion.

The rewards for this mode were the last things to go in. I don’t think we knew there would be extra symbol variations when development was in progrss. We do need a UI in-game.

Unfortunately there wasn’t anything that would be reasy for the 19th when the event was supposed to start.

We did our best posting everything here in the forums and sending out a news blast to the Slay Bells Walk through page.

Thanks,

Matt

• Thanks 2

nvm i mis-read

Edited by GhosT
hm

On 12/22/2018 at 12:38 PM, Tigrix said:

(edit topic name)
How are we supposed to know what the specific item rewards look like from just a piece of text telling us to pick rewards?

(edit: in santa case you get both, but in previous events and perhaps in this one too at later ranks - it has been choices where you only get to pick 1 of multiple choices, so it'd be nice being able to SEE the item in the display, sorta like with MP, before you "select" ---- don't expect the average player to search/read sticky forum threads ---- keep things relevant to the game, accessible within the game, that's good game design) 

What about me posting steam guides for each event showing each reward with a name for each one That good enough? (haven't got around to doing the "symbols" yet life issues)

I do agree we need inspect features for symbols, and then we need a way to bring the "play sound" buttons from the car editor into MP.

Edited by Zolerox

Agreed. There are alot of things in this game that you need to look at outside sources for to understand how things work or what they look like which shouldnt be the case honestly. Adding better descriptions on things or pictures of things in game would be a nice quality of life thing and be helpful to alot of people.

4 hours ago, Raichu said:

Agreed. There are alot of things in this game that you need to look at outside sources for to understand how things work or what they look like which shouldnt be the case honestly. Adding better descriptions on things or pictures of things in game would be a nice quality of life thing and be helpful to alot of people.

Hence why I made the Jokerstore Guide the outfits and car kits,sirens etc Don't have preview screenshots or the preview function So I took screenshots.

hoCch4FN0n.jpg

press any.  obtaining 8 role you will receive .

O6iVg7uIxi.jpg 

and 

lgdPIjUzEb.jpg

fully

9AUP52LRBe.jpg

Edited by Yood

Sign in to follow this