Sign in to follow this  
EDDYWRECKER

Advanced Launcher Settings Guide

Can anyone point me in the right direct for an advanced launcher guide? Or give advice here to what gives the best performance boost with the least impact on graphics quality.

I run i5 2500k oc'd to 4.3 stable, ssd, gforce gtx 1070 gpu and a sync 144mhz monitor.

one thing i can tell you immediately is that resolution makes a large impact on quality. i have a rig similar to yours but an i7.

i usually run in 4k but have pulled down to 1920x1080 for this winter event. the quality is still really good.

you can save a lot of cycles by pulling down textures individually. i keep things i like at high rez, but lower other elements that don't "matter".

in "Other" settings, pulling down the distance view on things can help as well.

the game is much, much more CPU that GPU at this point. your SSD is a big help. but make sure you don't have other processes running in the background that eat up cycles. search google for 'game play optimize windows' or something like that... and win 10 now has a 'gaming' mode you can use... which is better than nothing 🙂

Some things might be harder on your system than others, try fiddling around with stuff like particles and other cpu heavy settings that don't have a large impact on graphics.

13 hours ago, Dezire said:

Some things might be harder on your system than others, try fiddling around with stuff like particles and other cpu heavy settings that don't have a large impact on graphics.

Yeah already doing that, just dont want to have to reinvent the wheel if i dont have to.

I have found that I can do max graphics on highest resolution and dont drop under 70+fps lol. I have always played on ugly setting.

1 hour ago, EDDYWRECKER said:

Yeah already doing that, just dont want to have to reinvent the wheel if i dont have to.

I have found that I can do max graphics on highest resolution and dont drop under 70+fps lol. I have always played on ugly setting.

Yea you seem to be on the right path. Graphics in this game don’t really impact performance all that much and most people just turn them down to get an advantage in firefights. It’s mostly the particles and other effects which you are already looking at, so keep doing that. That being said, there is only so much you can do, and will eventually have to be happy with what you’ve got.

Edited by Dezire

1 minute ago, Dezire said:

Yea you seem to be on the right path. Graphics in this game don’t really impact performancw all that much and most people just turn them down to get an advantage in firefights. It’s mostly the particles and other effects which you are already looking at, so keep doing that. That being said, there is only so much you can do, and will eventually have to ba happy with what you’ve got.

🤣 

11 hours ago, Dezire said:

Yea you seem to be on the right path. Graphics in this game don’t really impact performance all that much and most people just turn them down to get an advantage in firefights. It’s mostly the particles and other effects which you are already looking at, so keep doing that. That being said, there is only so much you can do, and will eventually have to be happy with what you’ve got.

this is wrong

graphics impact performance significantly, its the precise reason why myself and the vast majority use configs. that advantage in a firefight is called framerate.

particles seem to be the biggest issue when it comes to stutters

Edited by Thaumaturge

1 hour ago, Thaumaturge said:

this is wrong

graphics impact performance significantly, its the precise reason why myself and the vast majority use configs. that advantage in a firefight is called framerate.

particles seem to be the biggest issue when it comes to stutters

personally I've never noticed much of a difference between playing on high or on low when it comes to merely graphical settings. That might just be me tho lol