jarko

Remote detonator's cooldown

Remote detonator's cooldown  

73 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should the cooldown of the remote detonator be raised?

• Yes
    • No
    • Please no; i love abusing of this 1sec cooldown xD!

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/21 at 02:21 AM

I've always wondered why remote detonator is given a cooldown of 1sec but the firebomb is given a cooldown of... 90sec with premium 180sec without premium.

Its being abused quite a lot lately and it just is unconquerable to dodge this modification in certain situations.

Thoughts?

Edited by jarko
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Should have never been released without a standard cooldown. Even more spehsul that it still doesn't have one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

+1 for jarko thread
+1 for balance discussion
+1 for you being adorable

Now on to the topic, why are you falling for car bomb in 2018? jkjkjkjkjkjk 

Seriously nerf the heck outta this cool down 

• Like 3

Even more important, they should increase the time it takes to explode the car. Most of the time you notice it's activated and you can't do a damn about it anymore because it's an Espacio with Explosives 3...

1 minute ago, FluttershyI said:

Even more important, they should increase the time it takes to explode the car. Most of the time you notice it's activated and you can't do a damn about it anymore because it's an Espacio with Explosives 3...

- Detonates your Deployed Vehicle after 2s + 0.05s per meter.

The audio warning and the lights flashing and the fact that you are anticipating the car of this specific person from looking at the scoreboard before attempting to engage in a fight next to his car.. i think that 2sec are quite enough as a warning tho but its my opinion. 

It's a disgustingly effective way to cheese kills so I am all for increasing the Cooldown to something like 2 minutes with Premium. Also as a friendly reminder, the cooldown reduction that comes with premium should still be made baseline and available to all players.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jarko said:

- Detonates your Deployed Vehicle after 2s + 0.05s per meter.

The audio warning and the lights flashing and the fact that you are anticipating the car of this specific person from looking at the scoreboard before attempting to engage in a fight next to his car.. i think that 2sec are quite enough as a warning tho but its my opinion. 

It might have been ok, if they can't drive the car up to your position. It's not like grenades wich have a fuse time of 3-5 seconds and can be dodged or survived. If you are doing a point or are at any place there's a wall or fence you'de have to climb to flee into the other direction you are simply dead. Also when you see the warning flash you are dead already and the audio doesn't work many times you die from it so...

In short, the problem is that it can not be anticipated many times you get killed by it. Either because you can't run from it or you'de have to stop fighting to flee the explosion but get shot anyways by an enemy. In my opinion it's simply too much of a problem and the mod doesn't have any drawbacks (you can use it like a regular car and place all mods you'de want), it's a 2 second landmine compared to 5 second grenades wich tagg you 85%. Firebomb with it's cooldown and preset mods (no carspawn and it gets damaged faster) is far less of a problem.

Edited by FluttershyI

3 minutes ago, FluttershyI said:

It might have been ok, if they can't drive the car up to your position. It's not like grenades wich have a fuse time of 3-5 seconds and can be dodged or survived. If you are doing a point or are at any place there's a wall or fence you'de have to climb to flee into the other direction you are simply dead. Also wehn you see the warning flash you are dead already and the audio doesn't work many times you die from it so...

There's many situations and you're correct. I assume that raising the detonation a little would be adequate.

6 minutes ago, Frosi said:

It's a disgustingly effective way to cheese kills so I am all for increasing the Cooldown to something like 2 minutes with Premium. Also as a friendly reminder, the cooldown reduction that comes with premium should still be made baseline and available to all players.

I'm not sure where you're going there but it seems really simple to understand... You want to basically get rid of the cooldown without premium that certain items are affected by to generalize it with one single cooldown?

11 minutes ago, jarko said:

There's many situations and you're correct. I assume that raising the detonation a little would be adequate.

I'm not sure where you're going there but it seems really simple to understand... You want to basically get rid of the cooldown without premium that certain items are affected by to generalize it with one single cooldown?

Just the reduced cooldown that premium gives has to be eliminated. Premium should not ever give an in-game advantage. Right now a player who isn't premium has to wait much longer to be able to activate their modifications.

If you ask me mods, grenades, cars and cooldowns in general is something wich they should adress and play around with. It's way more interesting and a bigger improvement than weapon balance. For instance: Low yields and percs, damage and amount of grenades you can carry? Why can percs stun a player etc? Almost nobody is using spotter, will it be a more viable mod with lower cooldown? Why would you use a Growl if has no speed advantage over a 4x4? etc. etc. And usables!? Why can you drop portable shields wich makes it (almost) impossible to kill you? And isn't fieldsupplier kind of underpowered compared to ammo boxes now)? This could use some overall revision now things have been changed and added. Make more set-ups viable and allow this diversity...

Edited by FluttershyI
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, jarko said:

You want to basically get rid of the cooldown without premium that certain items are affected by to generalize it with one single cooldown?

The reduction in cooldowns for active Character / Vehicle Mods that Premium provides is generally seen as the only "OP" thing that comes with Premium. I'm saying that they should remove this part of Premium and change the cooldowns of all mods to the current Premium values. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ArtureKeYuko said:

This exactly illustrates the problem. You either choose to run and die or to keep standing and die...

• Like 1

Kill me once with remote det, shame on you.

Kill me twice with remote det, shame on me.

That's kind of how I feel about it.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Should have never been released.

Fixed

• Like 1

i’d lower the firebomb cooldown to 1min and raise the remote det cooldown to 1min

consistency is key

also seconding (again) the idea to make premium cooldowns the default for every player 

Edited by BXNNXD
typo
  • Like 1

Do you still remember how G1 NERF the car spawners? ...after this Nerf the crime cars spawner has only become useless and the most of crimes have taken remote detonator not because they wanted it, but because it was so unfair. The Car spawners are still unbalanced. 

And for people who think Apb is not pay to win just take are closer look at the spotter (  Standard 90 sec, Premium 45 sec!!!!!)  every 45 sec for 8 sec Walls is just joke and one of the best exemple why a unbalanced game nobody will play anymore.

How about are Cooldown for the spotter for 60sec Premium?????????? 

keep it up and you'll find out one day that nobody wants to play crime anymore. 

I mean it is already so every stream plays cop wonder why.

Make the game fair to play!!!

Edited by TrashCan

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Kill me once with remote det, shame on you.

Kill me twice with remote det, shame on me.

That's kind of how I feel about it.

Exactly this.

Though explosives 3 could need a slight nerf. The range on it for heavy vehicles is absurd.

3 hours ago, Valkyrja- said:

Daily I get rekt by car det. Add it to the pile

LOL  exactly, low iq kids are crying because they dont understand "The audio warning and the lights flashing and the fact that you are anticipating the car of this specific person from looking at the scoreboard before attempting to engage in a fight next to his car.. i think that 2sec are quite enough as a warning tho but its my opinion."

• Like 2