MurkTheMerc

Ammo Remanaged

When you reload, the magazine you're on, the ammo will be thrown away. To this as well, remove the ability to resupply ammo or change weapons from car spawners. Ammo should also be bought like it used to, once your inventory of ammo was depleted, it wouldn't buy you trickles of it when you resupply, players should have to resupply from the Joker Ammo machines as intended. Ammo costs for explosives should be remanaged and cost more than they already so.

The pool people have to begin with are too plentiful, but reducing the pool would hinder what most players are already used to.

I feel this would make Bandolier and Car Resupply more relevant.

I've seen often in streams that players have too much ammo to use and really only use their resupply mod for grenades and not so much their ammo.

The resupply mod for the player should only resupply have the ammo and grenades for the current weapon by 50 percent. If the player changes weapons, it should be 25 percent.

• Like 1

A good feature that not many shooters use due to the players reloading weapons every kill they make, this could give the game a good tactic feature.
And turn shotguns into a good weapon choose since they dont use magazines.

On 5/31/2018 at 8:49 PM, MurkTheMerc said:

When you reload, the magazine you're on, the ammo will be thrown away

I agree ammo needs to be reworked, however APB isn't mean to be realistic, and this would be the wrong way to go about it.
APB is a very fast paced game, and adding things like that will break 70-80% of all weapons in the game.

ll, remove the ability to resupply ammo or change weapons from car spawners

Are you trying to say players can use the car spawner to resupply/change ammo?
(They can't..You need the ammo slot for that, which replaces the spawning mod)

I've seen often in streams that players have too much ammo to use and really only use their resupply mod for grenades and not so much their ammo.

This I can agree with.

Ammo should also be bought like it used to, once your inventory of ammo was depleted

This is something where APB needs a redo with its ammo entirely.
It's weapon/ammo management system (OR management system in general, especially it's UI) just isn't very easy to use, or efficient. 
The UI is on the list of things that needs to be redone, once they've done that I think they'll look at how the rest of the game interacts with it a little further, +what they could re-balance with it.

On 5/31/2018 at 12:49 PM, MurkTheMerc said:

ll, remove the ability to resupply ammo or change weapons from car spawners

I think he means the place where you spawn your vehicle, you can get ammo there.

1 hour ago, Asparii said:

I agree ammo needs to be reworked, however APB isn't mean to be realistic, and this would be the wrong way to go about it.
APB is a very fast paced game, and adding things like that will break 70-80% of all weapons in the game.

1. I'm not looking to slow down fire fights, I'm looking to slow down players who don't prepare or who are running on an ammo pool bigger than needed. This does not slow down engagement, this slows down the unprepared.

Indeed the game is fast paced, but this wouldn't hurt a person in a firefight, unless they didn't prepare to rearm themselves before hand.

For instance the N-Tec kills in 6 shots, it's ammo reserve is 128 at which results in 4x32 round magazines. With Bandolier 3, the ammo reserve is increased to 192 which results in 6x32 round magazines. Extended Mag 3 ammo reserve is 128 but bears 3x41 round mags with 5 spare rounds. Mag Pull 3 ammo reserve is 128 but bears 5x24 round mags with 8 spare rounds.

• Stock Ammo, really it's just stock.
  • Bandolier 3, you're just carrying extra ammo for yourself, usually helpful if you would rather use Consumables or mods that don't resupply ammo, usually when you're trying to fill a support role with Spotter or Radar Jammer, Satchel Charge when you're Mobile Spawn hunting or shield to thrown down some sort of car trap/ ladder blocker.
  • Extended Magazine, sometimes ideal on weapons you plan to use on both soft and hard targets. There are the few that just like having the possibility to outgun some other by having some spare rounds in the well.
  • Mag Pull, who doesn't love a boost to reload speed? You end up running a lower risk of wasting ammo when reloading just to top off your loaded mag, usually for someone whose efficient with ammo or has a way to resupply themselves with ammo. You pretty much gain a magazine from your stock ammo pool.

2.Like Keanu said, I'm talking about Car Spawners, not Mobile Spawners.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

I think he means the place where you spawn your vehicle, you can get ammo there.

13 hours ago, MurkTheMerc said:

2.Like Keanu said, I'm talking about Car Spawners, not Mobile Spawners.

That makes a bit more sense.

Your issue with removing ammo resupply from Car Spawners is where else is there to get ammo? (Also you can just spawn an ammo car then swap it out)
All Joker Ammo boxes are at contacts which are hardly ever near missions, so you now need to rely on your vehicle or an ammo box.
I like the idea of having to properly rely on your vehicle for ammo (Since currently all it's used for is opgl/osmaw spammers) but in areas where you can't get a vehicle you're limited to ammo boxes.
Your ammo boxes slow down gameplay quite considerably, out of objectives that last 2 minutes you can spend 15-20 seconds sitting their reloading (Depending on if your friendlies need ammo/what guns are in use), which is kind of a lot of time, it'd actually be easier to kill your self and respawn with a full reserve. 
One thing that we'd need to be careful of is you can't make certain modifications too good, or all you're gonna see is N-Tec (Mod X lvl 3), if it's too detrimental for players to go without a mod then it needs to be reworked. 

But lets assume the reworks are done and it all fits, APB ttk doesn't really work with that set. If you don't reload after a kill you aren't going to get your next kill. 
There are very few guns where you can kill more than 1 person by your self in a single mag, there's some where it's 2 on a full mag if you hit every shot but that's it.
What are you supposed to do with your left over ammo? Shoot at a guy and reload mid combat just so you don't lose 5-10 bullets? You're setting your self at a disadvantage.

A lot of your concern is alleviated by utilizing your teammates and them relying on you. People would get their ammo from resupply boxes and ammo resupplies from cars, of which, I already utilize in missions to this day, so I don't know how this change would effect people if car spawners don't have the ability. Areas where you don't have the Joker Ammo machines for missions, like you said, some 2 minute objective, what does it hurt asking your teammate for ammo?