Janelle The Real MVP

gtx 980 amd 6350 ssd 16 gb ram BUT GAME STILL LAG SPIKE

game barely uses gpu btw

game is also falling behind with its engine in its ability to properly manage modern processors as well.

thats why you are having problems, on top of previous optimization issues that lie within the game. hope for the best with the engine update(s). to mitigate this, i highly recommend using a config/advanced launcher to basically play this game in a state as close to a picmip as you can handle, and even then you will still have stutters. play in fullscreen to further reduce input lag and increase frame rates (although, thats really a pipe dream as you get better at the game, as at the top, you will likely be spending 10-15 minutes at a minimum between opposed missions in prime time on NA, so you basically have to be in windowed/windowed full.)

in this modern time, "60fps" isn't acceptable anymore when its not able to handle a frame rate enough to properly utilize monitors with a higher refresh rate, on top of that, those who can maintain semi-good frames again also suffer from stutters.

Edited by Thaumaturge

I have a 2080 RTX , 16 GB of ram and intel i5 - 6400 runs fine, It's just the lag that get's me :(.

11 hours ago, Stunny said:

bro i have an fx8350 and 60fps constant on max. though i do vsync so without it'd be a lot more. 

so if you're getting lag spikes there's something wrong with your computer. 

do the usual diagnostic stuff

i got 8350/gtx 970, 8gb ram, still lag, could be no ssd but still fps drops are hilarious...

48 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

i got 8350/gtx 970, 8gb ram, still lag, could be no ssd but still fps drops are hilarious...

idk what to say I'm not having any problem.

though when i had my r9 270 I did, I was only getting 50fps (which is weird, because when I first played, I'd get 60fps even with that) and also huge frame drops to 40fps

after upgrading to rx 580 i've not had a single drop, though i do have a fresh install of windows and clean drivers too so not sure which exactly fixed it.

On 12/20/2018 at 8:45 AM, EmptyPillow said:

bro I use intel pentium and get 120+ frames 

Do you make yhour settings so everyone looks like a potato?

Get a CPU with at least 4,2GHz and you will be fine.

Obviously use the advanced apb launcher for better graphical optimization.

I'm playing with 125-140 fps average on Financial, Waterfront around 100-120 fps average.

---

Info: I'm using the medium graphical preset in the advanced launcher.

on max details that cpu is too weak in single core performance ... yeah kinda weird for an older game, but that's the engine we currently have.

sorry breh

you should be way better off on 3.5

(3.5 aka the engine update)

p.s. it isn't so much about cpu Ghz, its more about generation and single core performance

nevertheless apb should have a weak-cpu detail setting or something .... you need that weird 3rd party launcher now that bypasses official filechecks

On 12/19/2018 at 2:44 PM, Janelle The Real MVP said:

DO I NEED A SUPER COMPUTER TO PLAY APB

i am waiting like thousand year now i am sure my computer are not sux

a GTX 980 cant handle APB graphic is unacceptable

my cpu are not that bad too AMD 8350fx 4.0g

install APB on SSD

and got ram 16 gb (bus 1600)

can u explain to me why i got lag spike mostly when i got shot or when i fire my weapon and it is worst when i use my true orge

The game is not optimized at all.

On 12/19/2018 at 5:44 AM, Janelle The Real MVP said:

DO I NEED A SUPER COMPUTER TO PLAY APB

i am waiting like thousand year now i am sure my computer are not sux

install APB on SSD

can u explain to me why i got lag spike mostly when i got shot or when i fire my weapon and it is worst when i use my true orge

the engine is based of a Intel Cpu framework so AMD is gonna do poor performance overall.

Apb is running on an old engine that runs on single threads instead of multi-cores like most cpus can push now.

Apb also prefers a Cpu with a least a base clock speed of 3.0ghz which is a bit high for a basic shooter.

most lag from Apb is more of the cpu trying to handle everything else that is depending on graphics. being an amd cpu. threading and processes are handled differently. switching to and intel or amd makes a huge difference.

Apb in my guess running on an old version of Udk-Beta "possibly the old E3 version that ran GOW 3" before the 64bit release, making it only a 32bit version forcing the use of about 3-8 gb of ram mostly anyway."this isn't true about GPU's however"

install APB on SSD

Check what your read and write speeds are. that the difference for loading times in and out of games.

Some things such as character and vehicles textures are exported on your pc as a Dump file allowing your pc to load them faster, they are deleted once you quit the game however.

"hint for slow hard-drives"

Try typing %temp% for a folder, select all and delete. "these are as you see in the name temporary files your computer places on your hard-drive, deleting them causes no damage but might speed of you main hard-drives

Your Ram is fine since the game is only using 8gb at maximum

A 980 is absolutely fine to play apb, I'm still currently running a GTX 980-TI

what is your nvidia control panel image setting set to?

changing this can cause a significant difference especially if your using the quality preset since that upscales textures and other thing as well.

Either change it to "let the application decide, use 3d setting and change to your preference. "what you think will help."

or change the general setting to performance giving the best performance but, the worst to look at "it isnt that bad"

Others 

If you want more info on a pc for Apb check out this guys video of a pc for around $350 running at max settings

Edited by IRyanI