Janelle The Real MVP

gtx 980 amd 6350 ssd 16 gb ram BUT GAME STILL LAG SPIKE

DO I NEED A SUPER COMPUTER TO PLAY APB

i am waiting like thousand year now i am sure my computer are not sux

a GTX 980 cant handle APB graphic is unacceptable

my cpu are not that bad too AMD 8350fx 4.0g

install APB on SSD

and got ram 16 gb (bus 1600)

can u explain to me why i got lag spike mostly when i got shot or when i fire my weapon and it is worst when i use my true orge

Edited by Janelle The Real MVP

Well u can try to install HWINFO64 and RTSS both to view how exactly is your PC usage under APB. IMO your CPU is too bad for APB cuz it's AMD (too weak single core performance). I'm at i7 and still have fps drops to 50 even with low settings (GTX1060 is about 50% usage, CPU 45-60%, RAM 6.5GB's).

BTW that FX are Bulldozer which don't have multithreading for all cores its like 4 cores in total because of one bus per two cores included. Even the old Phenom II 1075T are faster

Edited by PACwoMAN

16 minutes ago, Janelle The Real MVP said:

DO I NEED A SUPER COMPUTER TO PLAY APB

i am waiting like thousand year now i am sure my computer are not sux

a GTX 980 cant handle APB graphic is unacceptable

my cpu are not that bad too AMD 8350fx 4.0g

install APB on SSD

and got ram 16 gb (bus 1600)

can u explain to me why i got lag spike mostly when i got shot or when i fire my weapon and it is worst when i use my true orge

Try using the advanced launcher and lowering particle space area to below 2500.

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

can i go edit .ini file by myself? maxparticlespacearea -1 maybe

Just now, Janelle The Real MVP said:

can i go edit .ini file by myself? maxparticlespacearea -1 maybe

I've not tried that myself, so I cannot say.

Here is 1075T with GTX770 with my own configs (and 5200DPI mice lel)

770 is worse than 980 but old Phenom are better

bro i have an fx8350 and 60fps constant on max. though i do vsync so without it'd be a lot more. 

so if you're getting lag spikes there's something wrong with your computer. 

do the usual diagnostic stuff

APB Reloaded, AFAIK, cannot make use of a lot of CPU cores despite being CPU heavy. Your 8 core CPU is what's screwing you over. I've got an i5-3570 and I run the game fine. Settings are maxed ingame and I don't have FPS problems 99% of the time.

The engine update (Slated to arrive in 2019) will hopefully fix this.

The reason for this, as far as I understand, is that a lot of newer CPU's make use of a lot of weaker cores in order to attain high speeds instead of a lower amount of more powerful cores. My i5 with 4 cores has more power per each individual core than your 8 core does. Thus, with APB not making use of a lot of CPU cores your performance is suffering despite having a better CPU.

• Like 1

u tell nothing about ur Fps, how much u have ? (check smooth framerate for max 60fps wich is enough)

u just talk about lag spike, we can only tell u to check ur internet connection

(i ve an i5-4570 / 16Gb ram / gtx 670  ---> 100-120 fps |||| 4g lte router (cat9)--> 20ms )

Im playing this game on an Acer Switch 7 Proc i7 1,80 Quad, Mem 16Gb LPDDR3, Vid GeForce MX150  and no minimal lags on high settings and no lags on medium settings using external monitor mouse and keyboard. So if i can play this game just fine on a tablet, ok not a cheap tablet XD but anyway, go options > video > basic, disable smoth frame rate, and the magic will happen! 😉

I almost never see stutters, 1080 8G, 4690, 16gb. I play windowed fullscreen as to avoid V-Sync input lag and screen tear. 

Generally I've played APB on several different PC hardware setups (HP Pavilion G6 Laptop, 980 w 4690) and it mostly falls down to the CPU. Minimize background application usage.

I used razor coretex quite often which is just a tool to help minimize background application usage. Mainly shuts down everything that isn't gaming related and windows core applications. 

2 hours ago, PACwoMAN said:

Well u can try to install HWINFO64 and RTSS both to view how exactly is your PC usage under APB. IMO your CPU is too bad for APB cuz it's AMD (too weak single core performance). I'm at i7 and still have fps drops to 50 even with low settings (GTX1060 is about 50% usage, CPU 45-60%, RAM 6.5GB's).

BTW that FX are Bulldozer which don't have multithreading for all cores its like 4 cores in total because of one bus per two cores included. Even the old Phenom II 1075T are faster

Well tbh i have amd 7 2700x not overclocked and the game works at around 90fps most of the time and at first it works perfectly but as always the longer you play the worse the performance gets

6 minutes ago, Ebola-Chan said:

Well tbh i have amd 7 2700x not overclocked and the game works at around 90fps most of the time and at first it works perfectly but as always the longer you play the worse the performance gets

Well it's Ryzen and he has "fixed" architecture so don't compare him to Vishera. Ryzen is good CPU. FIst good AMD CPU since AMD FX64.

Edited by PACwoMAN

burnt gpu from an ebay crypto miner

6 minutes ago, Trivirium said:

I almost never see stutters, 1080 8G, 4690, 16gb. I play windowed fullscreen as to avoid V-Sync input lag and screen tear. 

Generally I've played APB on several different PC hardware setups (HP Pavilion G6 Laptop, 980 w 4690) and it mostly falls down to the CPU. Minimize background application usage.

I used razor coretex quite often which is just a tool to help minimize background application usage. Mainly shuts down everything that isn't gaming related and windows core applications. 

Windowed fullscreen and v-sync both give input lag.

Just now, swft said:

Windowed fullscreen and v-sync both give input lag.

I find less input lag over windowed, and I never use v-sync unless it's a racing game or something that doesn't require such stupid amounts of reflex.

Btw power plan in WIndows give lagspikes if its turned to powersaving {Core parking etc.}

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Stole my go-to suggestion 😞

To op:

Anyways, yeah. This is probably the best bet. VFX are the main cause of nasty spikes in APB. So dropping this value will most likely help alleviate your problems to an extent. Even on my high end machine it helps me avoid nasty drops. 

First of all, running an FX 8350 with a 980 is a huge mistake, it's overkill, that FX processor is going to hold back a lot the GPU. Second, this game is CPU intensive and only uses a few cores which will limit a lot the FX's potential. The best thing you can do is overclock that CPU to at least 4.4Ghz or 4.5Ghz. I had a FX previously as well and had no issues whatsoever with the game. I had it overclocked to 4.4Ghz with a mixed settings of BUS frequency and the multiplier which is the best way to overclock these chips as it increases their single core performance substantially. 

Your CPU and lower frequency RAM are most likely the cause, but those who say they don't stutter are lying. The built in garbage collection system causes a stutter every minute. Reducing it via configs will cause fewer stutters, but you'll run out of memory or the game will freeze for a few seconds as it clears the unused memory.

i3-3220 cpu and gtx 650 ti, 4gb ram. Playing on max graphics, always +50 fps.

Just letting you know how well apb optimized is

Edited by wHisHi
Typoo
  • Like 1

Probably plays in NA on those crap servers...seriously I don't know.

I'm saving for a new PC right now... Hope I don't have issues like this guy.