Weeb TheEpicGuyV2

High Magnification Scope

High Magnification Scope  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use high magnification scope?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Buff high magnification scope modifier from 0.15 to 0.20

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know

Around a month ago while browsing https://db.apbvault.net/ , I noticed that high magnification scope shared the same marksman modifier as hunting sight 3, of 0.15

This was rather interesting as at the time I was under the assumption it was higher than hunting sight 3. Fast forward to a few days ago, I was reminiscing of this discover when it occured to me what is the point of hms when hs3 exists? Sure there's the enchanced zoom and range finder, but the enhanced zoom can give you tunnel vision and the range finder is only useful on a small handful of weapons. I'm not saying change these two things, as they are what makes hms unique (and are helpful in their own ways), but rather give hms a small edge over hs3 so at least there would be some incentive to use it on some weapons instead of hs3, which is how I arrived at buffing its modifier to 0.20. Thoughts?

Tl;Dr (come on, it's just a bit of text) - Buff high magnification scope modifier from 0.15 to 0.20

Edited by Weeb TheEpicGuyV2
  • Like 2

Agreed. I've thought for a while that it would be cool to see HMS functioning almost as HS4 and creating new more niche weapon loadouts. 'Cause let's face it, at the moment there's really not a good reason to use HMS.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I like how you answered your own question. 

It's called dramatic story telling. Go away booli

Edited by Weeb TheEpicGuyV2
  • Thanks 1

might as well, offering no advantage over hs3 but destroying fov makes hms a pretty shit mod

I use it on HVR a lot, my main problem with it is that it zooms in from your shoulder camera, so you can't know where your character is, so sometimes I end up shooting the wall because I'm still in cover, or, I get killed because I'm not in cover.
It should zoom in and center the camera on your character.

2 hours ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

I use it on HVR a lot, my main problem with it is that it zooms in from your shoulder camera, so you can't know where your character is, so sometimes I end up shooting the wall because I'm still in cover, or, I get killed because I'm not in cover.
It should zoom in and center the camera on your character.

This could very likely create a potential host of unforeseen consequences, since currently nothing moves your on-foot camera except mirroring it from side to side (and it hitting into walls.) It also would be extremely bizarre as it would change your point of aim significantly whenever you scoped in.

Ultimately, I think it might be better to just implement a feature for HMS where it tells you when your shot is blocked.

• Like 1

Would be nice if you could shoot from 120m with that scope and it would be still effective and Who ever runs with this mod could be seen from over 120m distance

6 minutes ago, OnEGod said:

Would be nice if you could shoot from 120m with that scope and it would be still effective and Who ever runs with this mod could be seen from over 120m distance

That would not be nice.

3 hours ago, OnEGod said:

why would you even want this?

assuming bullets didn’t just disappear at 100m (like they do now) it would take several seconds to kill anyone, since all snipers are balanced to engage within 100m

aside from the dmr, which would immediately be used to sit 120m away from an objective and kill people in .8s while they can’t even see you (or shoot back) because they don’t have high magnification scope

Might as well be converted into an actual scope, eh?  You know, the typical sniper sight, same effect as a 6x-12x magnification sight, but making it like you're actually using the opticals (by converting the TP perspective into FP only while aiming)  instead of the ironsight + your character's capacity of squeezing their eye to focus on distant objects. Just as a though. It would also keep the range finder and all that, but instead of being based on a multiplier it would just replace the ironsights zoom with its own 6x or whatever. 

2 hours ago, _chain said:

Might as well be converted into an actual scope, eh?  You know, the typical sniper sight, same effect as a 6x-12x magnification sight, but making it like you're actually using the opticals (by converting the TP perspective into FP only while aiming)  instead of the ironsight + your character's capacity of squeezing their eye to focus on distant objects. Just as a though. It would also keep the range finder and all that, but instead of being based on a multiplier it would just replace the ironsights zoom with its own 6x or whatever. 

But what benefit do you actually propose that would give? Especially since changing from 3rd person to 1st person would change your point of aim, and thus require you to re-acquire your target (which is especially problematic while zoomed in super far.)

Also, are you not aware of the fact that HMS already sets your FoV instead of multiplying the gun's MM FoV? You get a 15 degree FoV while in marksmanship mode with HMS equipped.

4 hours ago, Kewlin said:

Also, are you not aware of the fact that HMS already sets your FoV instead of 

No, so sorry.

4 hours ago, Kewlin said:

Especially since changing from 3rd person to 1st person would change your point of aim, and thus require you to re-acquire your target

No. If anything it would make for easier positioning and aiming, compared to what it is now, with the current problem that it has. Also, no problem with re-acquiring targets, since that's just practice.